: Really What Is A CTS-V

BeastMaster
11-04-05, 03:01 PM
Is the V a unbelievable Cadillac marketing ploy that we all fell for?

Or

Is it the Ford Edsel of the early 2000's?

Or

Is it just one mean machine that we can't get enough of, that cadillac just knowingly or unknowingly messed up on a few minor/major things?

evil 8
11-04-05, 03:06 PM
It is the poster child for bad boys that need to lug around kids every once in a while.

ssvette
11-04-05, 03:09 PM
I think this is the real deal. Ragardless of the problems, it's still the best/most fun car I have ever owned. Yes there are a few problems but it seems Cadillac has/is addressing them. In all the Cadillac bashing, it is time to give credit where credit is due.

rand49er
11-04-05, 03:24 PM
When my wife and I got married 4-1/2 years ago, I told her that I wanted to get a "stupid car" again some day (you know, one that went faster than stink on you-know-what). Well, she said, "okay", and that's what I got. So, my V is my stupid car. Gee-e-z, I love it.:yup:

urbanski
11-04-05, 03:49 PM
oh god

BadCad
11-04-05, 03:55 PM
This puppy may have its share of problems - but considering this is Caddi's first real attempt at a performance machine, 'tis really a great car. Despite all the shortcomings, I love driving this car. Reminds me of the '68 Z/28 I had long time ago which I should have kept in retrospect. Lots of maintenance but lots of fun to drive - wait, was I thinking of my girlfriend back then? :shocked2:

lawfive
11-04-05, 04:10 PM
When my wife and I got married 4-1/2 years ago, I told her that I wanted to get a "stupid car" again some day

I have a woman friend (just a friend) that calls the V my "Penis car."

heavymetals
11-04-05, 05:31 PM
It's like owning a ride at Six Flags.:histeric:

CVP33
11-04-05, 08:37 PM
It's Cadillac's attempt at attracting a younger audience. Let's face it. For most of us this is the ONLY Cadillac we'd EVER own. Cadillac wasn't even on my radar until I started hearing about the V. Now look at me. Their evil plans have worked twice on my sorry ass. The general has pried a $100,000 in cold hard cash out of my tightly gripped fist. Those bastards! :D

Dennisscars
11-04-05, 10:05 PM
70's GSX
80's Grand National
90's Typhoon/Syclone
mid 00's CTS-V
late 00's 400 hp LS2 Trailblazer

Few people knew what they were, now the're gone... If they follow suit V's will go away in less than 6 model years...my money says 2yrs LS6, 3 years LS2, on to something else..

Dave's V
11-05-05, 01:15 AM
Contrary to what some of the trolls (even other Cadillac owner ones) say, the V is a fantastic car. Yes it has a few problems, but I don't see many people dumping their Vs. You constantly hear V owners say I LOVE THIS CAR.

Even at the turn of the century you wouldn't be able to find a sedan, powered by a 400+ hp motor, 6 speed tranny, tons of luxury features, decent gas mileage and unique looks. Cadillac built a sedan that can compete with the best from Europe or Asia. You just didn't hear about American cars competing against BMWs or Mercedes sports sedans last decade.

Some Cadillac owners don't like the V because its style. The fact is that Cadillac would have probably been belly up if it wasn't for the CTS, STS and XLR. They built these cars and the younger people with money came.

Some people complain about the looks (interior and exterior). I say find it is their opinion. In my opinion, it sets this car apart and makes it unique. I don't like the Chyrsler products but at least they have a unique style also. Ford = YAWN when it comes to sedans. Even some Japanesse sedans are extremely boring and they definitely dont look unique.

I find it a compliment for the V that we have so many people on this board that don't even own the car but feel they know everything about it. Could there life be really that boring, that they must spend their life on a car enthusiasts board that they don't even own the car? Too bad they don't own the V, maybe their life would be a little more exciting.

wildwhl
11-05-05, 01:40 AM
The V is a running head start at my mid-life crisis.

Please give me an LS7 equipped V to play with, General :D

It is what it is, mostly fantastic with the only major flaw being the dealer support network. In the current mod trim of my V - I doubt there are many cars on the road that can "own" us...but that's just my penis talking again :rolleyes:

CaddyGeek
11-05-05, 02:01 AM
The fact is that Cadillac would have probably been belly up if it wasn't for the CTS, STS and XLR. They built these cars and the younger people with money came. = agreed.

defense against penis car: the us census dept. defines a penis car as having 2 seats... most common color as red or yellow... country of origin as italy or germany

c4racer
11-05-05, 04:14 AM
It's Cadillac's attempt at attracting a younger audience. Let's face it. For most of us this is the ONLY Cadillac we'd EVER own. Cadillac wasn't even on my radar until I started hearing about the V. Now look at me. Their evil plans have worked twice on my sorry ass. The general has pried a $100,000 in cold hard cash out of my tightly gripped fist. Those bastards! :D

So did you buy two of them, or just pay way way way too much for one? :D

ace996
11-05-05, 04:17 AM
I've gone through cycles of loving this car, to wanting to burn it...and then piss on the ashes. I always come back to loving it. I honestly don't know of a car that could replace it. I'm too tired now to give a real tear-tugging expression of my feelings for the V, but rest assured that its close to my heart.

Very much like a woman that's taken hold of your heart, there are great times and times that test your ability to stay sane. If some of the issues were/are being fixed by GM, they'd have a close-to-perfect car for the right driver.

And AWD...yep, it'd be absolutely perfect with AWD. Perfect.
-ace

CVP33
11-05-05, 05:31 AM
So did you buy two of them, or just pay way way way too much for one? :D

Bought an '04 followed by an '05. I almost bought an '06 until Momma gave me the stink eye. Damnit I hate stink eye and she does it better than most.

urbanski
11-05-05, 09:58 AM
Bought an '04 followed by an '05. I almost bought an '06 until Momma gave me the stink eye. Damnit I hate stink eye and she does it better than most.
not as good as mine ;)
nobody is even close lol

rand49er
11-05-05, 12:37 PM
[quote=CVP33]It's Cadillac's attempt at attracting a younger audience./quote]On behalf of us old farts, "Thanks!"

crowan
11-05-05, 12:45 PM
[quote=CVP33]It's Cadillac's attempt at attracting a younger audience./quote]On behalf of us old farts, "Thanks!"

The funny thing is that compared to Caddie's prior demographics, I AM the younger audience, and I'm 53!

CR

CRZY747
11-05-05, 12:49 PM
Well it is a car that I enjoy driving, I actually own one, a luxury car made in america, that I can work on. Has a LS6 "vette" motor, and has a back seat. How much more can you ask for, hopefully the rearend problem gets worked out and all will be good. I just can't seem to find another car in the price range that comes close to this vehicle. I got rid of my dream car to buy this car, had a 02 MY Z06 and traded for this vehicle. I think I traded up, IMHO. Now let the mods begin, want about 500rwhp and I will be fine.

JET