: Guage Pod

lasstss
11-04-05, 11:44 AM
Here is my prototype. This is quite difficult to do as the ashtray is integrated into the face plate and is not easily removed. It is however stealth.
It will house my boost and EGT gage.:D

Blekk0
11-04-05, 11:50 AM
looks great, nice work

trukk
11-04-05, 12:46 PM
I second the looks nice.

Are you going to relocate your cig lighter? My cell phone would be double-dog-dead if I didn't plug it into my car in the mornings.

-Chris

lasstss
11-04-05, 01:09 PM
I second the looks nice.

Are you going to relocate your cig lighter? My cell phone would be double-dog-dead if I didn't plug it into my car in the mornings.

-Chris As it is useless there anyway, I am going to look at putting it into the side of the vertical section where the radio is. Low and left of the glove box.

trukk
11-04-05, 01:35 PM
As it is useless there anyway..

The adapter I have plugs in and then comes out at a 45 Degree angle, i have no issues with having it plugged in.

-Chris

evil 8
11-04-05, 01:52 PM
The adapter I have plugs in and then comes out at a 45 Degree angle, i have no issues with having it plugged in.

-Chris
I use the back seat plug and run the cord up under the armrest. As far as the gauges in the ashtray, where would i put my toothpicks?

trukk
11-04-05, 03:04 PM
I use the back seat plug and run the cord up under the armrest. As far as the gauges in the ashtray, where would i put my toothpicks?

Great idea, never thought of that :D

As for toothpicks...Where would I store my in between meal snacks if I used a toothpick?

-Chris

11-04-05, 04:01 PM
what about my meter/toll money? Though it is pretty funny accelerating away from a toll booth having quarters flying everywhere, then to add insult to injury you get to smash your knuckles when you bang third gear.
I gotta remember to keep the EZ pass in the V........
Kidding aside Marty, as usual you have outdone yourself. Very nice work.
Doug

HDMLNIUM
11-04-05, 05:41 PM
Very nice and clean, I love it...:yup:
Much better than my single gauge hack job.. lol...:thumbsup:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/AeroForce-scan-gauge.jpg
And I see you say prototype, meaning more than a one off.. Sign me up for a dual gauge pod as well...
Thanks,
Bill

ronr
11-06-05, 01:55 PM
Where/how are you guys installing the EGT sensor on the engine?

lasstss
11-06-05, 02:14 PM
Where/how are you guys installing the EGT sensor on the engine?

That is what I am doing you can use any other 2-1/16 gauge. I have a bung welded in one of the cat pipes.

wildwhl
11-06-05, 03:31 PM
lass -

Is the 'glass or? How'd you do it :)