: A Call To Arms

Kev
11-04-05, 12:23 PM
To every man here,

There is a battle raging, the soul of our society is at stake. The primary weapon in this fight is not conventional, that weapon is choice.

“You and I come from a long line of men who made the wrong choice. That’s why the pillars of manhood have fallen and so many homes and lives lie in ruin in these closing days of the millennium.” < Stu Weber

That statement is true, there is no life that has not been affected by wrong choices.

What governs our decision making process? I believe it is guided by the principles by which we live our lives.

If we as individuals live our lives by the principles of honesty, integrity and honor, if we will place the needs of others above our own, if we choose this day to do what is right even if it is to our hurt I believe we will see a positive change in our lives, our families and our society. We can be men of strength and courage balanced by tenderness and mercy.

What choices will you make today and how will they affect your future?

Just a few thoughts for the day,
Kev

SpeedyArizona
11-04-05, 12:38 PM
Wow that certainly gave me something to think about!

Well I can't chat, I need to get my Eldorado running, go to Starbucks, and then get off to work!

mccombie_5
11-04-05, 12:54 PM
Thanks Kev :thumbsup:

You certainly make more sense than many people i know or even many people on these forums.

LittleB
11-04-05, 01:32 PM
Thanks Kev :thumbsup:

You certainly make more sense than many people i know or even many people on these forums.

**excuse this; off topic**

Hey mccombie, how was the strip club?! :D

**resume**

Kev
11-04-05, 01:38 PM
The choices we make today, right or wrong, are not insignificant. They may have impact on many future generations to come.

EcSTSatic
11-04-05, 01:43 PM
As General Maximus said in Gladiator, "What we do in life...echos in eternity".

mccombie_5
11-04-05, 02:04 PM
**excuse this; off topic**
Hey mccombie, how was the strip club?! :D
**resume**

GREAT :D

EcSTSatic
11-04-05, 02:07 PM
:histeric:Buy you guys books and all you do is chew the covers! :helpless:

mccombie_5
11-04-05, 02:17 PM
Really thoguh Kev, although MEgan hijcaked you, this is a great thread.

Youre full of that wisdom stuff :p

LittleB
11-04-05, 07:54 PM
Really thoguh Kev, although MEgan hijcaked you, this is a great thread.
Youre full of that wisdom stuff :p

I didn't fully hijack it....I just kina interrupted for a SECOND! Kev you are wonderful, you know that :thumbsup: :D

I apoligize :(

DeVillish
11-04-05, 09:08 PM
yeah, man, you know what i hate the most about being here. The 18 to 25 year old males that act like its highschool again. The girls here dont really get any respect from them and it pisses me off. What the hell happened to opening doors and pulling out chairs(not out from under them) ya know...being a gentelman(sp?) Now a days it seems if your a truely nice guy your not a real man, your a *****. *sigh* ok iam done....

mccombie_5
11-04-05, 09:14 PM
yeah, man, you know what i hate the most about being here. The 18 to 25 year old males that act like its highschool again. The girls here dont really get any respect from them and it pisses me off. What the hell happened to opening doors and pulling out chairs(not out from under them) ya know...being a gentelman(sp?) Now a days it seems if your a truely nice guy your not a real man, your a *****. *sigh* ok iam done....

+1

I was impressed with my younger son recently, he had his girlfriend over, and as we went out to the car to take her home, he opened the front door for her, opened the car door, then when we got to her house he did the same.

It isnt often you see that in a 16 year old

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 09:14 PM
Kev , if i may ....its good to see someone else is seeing what ive been seeing ...its as if everyone thinks of one minute from now and not whats coming down the road .....

Too much focus is paid into the immediate future and not enough is even thought of for the long run ....

A good thread buddy ....

Ralph
11-04-05, 09:45 PM
I didn't fully hijack it....I just kina interrupted for a SECOND! Kev you are wonderful, you know that :thumbsup: :D
I apoligize :(

Plus you were only displaying a sense of humour that is lacking this day in age.

Kevo, you NEED to see "Pleasantville." You would really enjoy that movie.

Rolex
11-04-05, 10:34 PM
Well done Kev. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kev
11-04-05, 11:55 PM
Kevo, you NEED to see "Pleasantville." You would really enjoy that movie.Yes, I've seen that one Ralph, thanks.