: Armrest Difference Reason???

L.Sanchez
11-03-05, 11:32 PM
I took the V in for a whine from the rear and a faulty TPMS sensor and they gave me a new 06 CTS with the V6. First, WOW. What a difference a V makes. :bouncy: Brakes, steering, road feel, and, of course, the power difference. Feels like a totally different car.

Anyway, I like the armrest in the regular CTS better than in the V. Why would GM change that? Was it because the V had a stick??? Either way, I know I saw on the FAQ a few months ago something about changing this. I just might have too.

Ladis

crowan
11-03-05, 11:36 PM
One of the best interior mods you can do. There are several threads in the search function regarding armrests. I switched mine and love it.

CR

Luna.
11-03-05, 11:55 PM
Same as Crowan and agree 100%. I switched mine and couldn't be happier.

waswas
11-04-05, 08:00 AM
i replaced mine...quick, easy and a great improvement

Flyboy
11-04-05, 09:38 AM
I'll chime in here too......Did mine last year......cheap and easy. Plus now you have storage for "stuff"

Joey'sVee
11-04-05, 09:42 AM
I like the lower armrest of the V....It's easier on my girlfriend when she wants to put her head in my lap from the passenger side. Now thats what I call getting headers!!! :banana:

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-04-05, 10:15 AM
Is the change you guys did done in a way that prevents being able to see inside the storage bin? I like the arm rest but hate that you can see stuff in the storage bin - looks messy to me.

BadCad
11-04-05, 01:02 PM
The V has a lower armrest ostensibly to allow easier shifting with the manual tranny setup. I too like the armrest from the regular CTS but think it might get in the way in the V. I don't even place a bottles in the cupholders as I find I cannot shift with anything there except for my cellphone. I even suggested to the GM Customer Survey people they do away with the cup holders as they are essentially useless in the V :tisk: and instead replace it with just a storage bin (one of my future potential mods.) But anyway, the link to replace the armrest is on Reed's cadillacfaq.com at ttp://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/armrest/index.html. Anyone here who has replaced the armrest find it gets in the way? And ZT, using the regular CTS storage bin does not prevent being able to see inside - it is still the same as before except now you have a storage bin on top of the armrest. Good luck on the mod. :thumbsup:

BadCad
11-04-05, 01:10 PM
btw Joey'sVee - how are you able to shift gears with a head in your lap? I find it difficult (while I am driving of course.) Any tips on your gear shifting methods? :bouncy: :bouncy:

Blacksport350
11-04-05, 01:22 PM
I like the lower armrest of the V....It's easier on my girlfriend when she wants to put her head in my lap from the passenger side. Now thats what I call getting headers!!! :banana:

I have found that the downside of this is that before you know it, you are doing 130 with a girls head in your lap...now that would make for an interesting explantion to the judge! "I had a momentary lapse of judgement as I was getting blown while driving" :histeric:

crowan
11-04-05, 01:25 PM
I have found that the downside of this is that before you know it, you are doing 130 with a girls head in your lap...now that would make for an interesting explantion to the judge! "I had a momentary lapse of judgement as I was getting blown while driving" :histeric:

"That explanation worked for me!":thumbsup:
Ted Kennedy

BadCad
11-04-05, 02:22 PM
Well... better you get blown rather then your engine being blown. Wait, are the the same? :hmm: :headcase:

Joey'sVee
11-04-05, 02:40 PM
It's not to hard to change the gears. Her head is in your lap and you just reach over her. I gotta say most of the time when this happens I'm on the interstate so no need to change gears!

evil 8
11-04-05, 02:48 PM
Bad Joey, Don't hit anything with her in your lap or you will be from aching SC.

Joey'sVee
11-04-05, 02:52 PM
lol! Points for you too! Hey btw will you look at the "whats the widest tire I can put on a stock rim" thread and post the answer to my last post? It should be on the second page. Thanks!