: Help with catera exhaust

Muhovic
11-03-05, 10:21 PM
So I went to the shop today and I wanted to put a new muffler on. I was looking to put on a MagnaFlow and the guy was like there is no way you can place it in this space. What I want is to have that deap sound, so he said just take off the muffler and place 2 pipes. Do you think that would do the job?

Boris
11-04-05, 10:28 PM
The rear muffler is only bolted on so why not take it off and see if you like the sound. If so than make up two pipes with tips to clear the bumper.
If not, just reinstall the muffler and look for a Remus exhaust or rear muffler. They sound really good but are quite pricey.

bilco123
11-10-05, 12:42 AM
Hi I had that done with my 98 catera. It sounds good, its not loud if thats what your after I mean don't get me wrong its not all quite, but I think that it accents the engine nicely. You can do glass packs the problem with them is that they sound really good at first, but over time they tend to sound like ass maybe not all of them, but for the most part they do.

cat
11-11-05, 09:01 AM
i did this to my catera and its great

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57195

bilco123
11-12-05, 07:13 PM
Look you can do magnaflow full exhaust i'm not sure which, but it will be expensive about a minumum of 300 dollars. The reasons its so expensive is that; One) most vehicles have pre-bent pipes these you have to bend, and Two) they have to make room because there isnt enough. Another problem is there are not a whole lot of places that know how to do this. If you are looking for a really loud sound remove the the rear muffler and take out the baffling in the catalytic convertor. Or you could just take out the rear muffler and put in a glass pack.