: Caddy or Lac?

HotRodSaint
03-05-03, 10:04 PM
What shortening of the Cadillac name do you prefer?

kempie
03-05-03, 10:38 PM
Caddy...No confusion.
Gotta keep it simple for me.

Chuck C
03-06-03, 04:39 AM
Lac????!!! who calls it that! crazy. :confused: :banghead: ;)

Elvis
03-06-03, 11:03 AM
'Lac is a relatively new nickname. Hopefully it won't catch on.

Caddy is timeless.

Devil_concours
03-06-03, 01:29 PM
cad?

HotRodSaint
03-06-03, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
cad?

Main Entry: cad
Pronunciation: 'kad
Function: noun
Etymology: English dialect, unskilled assistant, short for Scots caddie
Date: 1833
1 : an omnibus conductor
2 : a man who acts with deliberate disregard for another's feelings or rights

I think that what we call polticians. :halo:

BeelzeBob
03-06-03, 03:34 PM
Caddy, without a thought...

87CoupeDeVille
03-06-03, 03:57 PM
lac like caddylac, ac like acura, rap brings us so many great abbreviations.

Kurt

elwesso
03-06-03, 05:43 PM
caddy all the way. More people i know of refer to them as caddys than cadillacs.

grandad
03-07-03, 05:27 PM
caddy is sweet.

anything else, well, smells.

Ray

PHATCAD
03-10-03, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by HotRodSaint
What shortening of the Cadillac name do you prefer?

:cool: I call the CTS the LUVLAC also
LAC some people just don't know how to say it right :annoyed:

kcnewell
03-12-03, 12:44 PM
Cad! Lac sounds stupid! And I must dissagree with the comment about rap bringing us so many great abbreviations! All rap has done is once again lower the linguistic standards of a nation already starving for higher standards. It has also shown a whole generation of young people how to once again lower the bar of intellegence and morality....WooHoo!

87CoupeDeVille
03-13-03, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by kcnewell
Cad! Lac sounds stupid! And I must dissagree with the comment about rap bringing us so many great abbreviations! All rap has done is once again lower the linguistic standards of a nation already starving for higher standards. It has also shown a whole generation of young people how to once again lower the bar of intellegence and morality....WooHoo!

sorry, I forgot my sarcasm font back there

Kurt

HotRodSaint
03-13-03, 10:27 AM
And I must dissagree with the comment about rap bringing us so many great abbreviations!

So you never say 24/7 instead of saying 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

I'm not a rap fan. But I' refuse to be that old guy who complains about that crazy music the kids are listening to today. I was a kid that had old people telling me my music sucked.

kcnewell
03-13-03, 10:56 AM
Me Too....And yes I say 24/7 and have been saying it since the '70s!( Sorry Dude, They didn't invent it!) I rarely complain about music. I do however see what's going on around me! I didn't care for the lyrical content of a lot of the music of my generation ('60s/ '70s) and I feel that it was also a contributor to the downward slide of standards and morality that we are having to deal with today! I won't close my eyes to it because I don't want someone to think I'm old fashioned. The reason rap is full of abbreviations is 'cause rappers aren't generally very articulate and like many of the " Musicians" of my generation would be better suited cleaning toilets than providing role models for todays youth!

My Dad told me that my music sucked too! I usually agreed with him.....

JerseyGirl
03-13-03, 05:03 PM
Caddy.....no doubt about it! :)

HotRodSaint
03-13-03, 08:36 PM
Me Too....And yes I say 24/7 and have been saying it since the '70s!( Sorry Dude, They didn't invent it!) I rarely complain about music. I do however see what's going on around me! I didn't care for the lyrical content of a lot of the music of my generation ('60s/ '70s) and I feel that it was also a contributor to the downward slide of standards and morality that we are having to deal with today! I won't close my eyes to it because I don't want someone to think I'm old fashioned. The reason rap is full of abbreviations is 'cause rappers aren't generally very articulate and like many of the " Musicians" of my generation would be better suited cleaning toilets than providing role models for todays youth!

My Dad told me that my music sucked too! I usually agreed with him.....

Hmm...you might be a cool old guy after all. ;)

kcnewell
03-13-03, 10:03 PM
I might be! But I don't try to bend my beliefs to fit someone elses needs. Lifes too short for compromise! Some might not agree with me....That's cool, The friends I have know who I am and what I'm about....Kinda' like "What you see is what you get" It works for me.

PONCHO
03-26-03, 12:44 PM
I agree, caddy is the proper abreviation for cadillac. The word "lac" is completly stupid. If I was to go out and refer to my CADDY as a "lac" I would either get slapped or laughed at. Who thinks of these stupid ass words!

Liseckas
03-26-03, 08:55 PM
Lac sounds like "lack" and Caddy's don't lack anything, in fact they sometimes have too much.

kcnewell
03-27-03, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Liseckas
Lac sounds like "lack" and Caddy's don't lack anything, in fact they sometimes have too much.

DUDE! In my world there's no such thing as too much! Excess is defined as almost enough.....:D

Liseckas
03-27-03, 01:56 AM
RIGHT ON!
I never get excess!:hammer:

Scrapyard
03-28-03, 02:42 AM
Quick background, I'm a 22 year old gearhead that modifes anything I can get my hands on. With that said I'll begin my story. The first time I heard the word "Lac" I was outside a club a few years ago showing a buddy of mine some of my latest mods on my 85 FW coupe. This dude comes up to me to talk shop about the car. First words out of his mouth were, "Phat Lac!". After a brief moment of confusion I thought to myself, WHAT A FREEK"N STUPID ABRIVIATION!. Everytime I hear it I kring.

I gota agree with kcnewell. The level of inteligence goes down the $#*!er every year. With in the next 40 years we're gona be reduced to a bunch of rambling idiots that can't speak a cohearent sentence to save our pothetec igsistance.

So yes, I say Caddy.

kcnewell
03-28-03, 06:19 AM
That's what I'm talkin' about!

elwesso
03-28-03, 05:32 PM
I think you and KC are going to get along just fine.

(just dont turn into a closet ricer)

kcnewell
03-28-03, 07:16 PM
Yer ass is out now buddy! We outed you! LOL!
No more closet dwelling for Wes!

elwesso
03-28-03, 07:39 PM
JUST TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, ILL BE THE RICER OF THE GROUP. Its a dirty job but someone has to do it! At least I am not an extreme ricer, with the wings, plastic and stickers. If i was that way, Sal would probably kick me off!

Brett
03-28-03, 07:51 PM
i think the problem with lac is it invites derision, "hey like my 'lac"..."its cool but it 'lacs power/style/anything/etc.

kcnewell
03-28-03, 09:09 PM
I agree with that Brett! Good point.

Hey Wes, Love the Minute rice avatar! It's nice to see that you can laugh at yourself as much as we all do! LOL!

elwesso
03-28-03, 09:15 PM
Hey, if I could drive a caddy I would. But until them i am stuck in the riceworld! And if yall want to laugh at me, well hell ill laugh too!

At least I cant buff my head ;) :D

At first I was wondering why I was considered ricer when I got my Q. Then I got to reading infiniti boards. Some of the people there want to put ricer wings on an Infiniti J30!! That would not only be stupid, it would be ugly, and stupid.

kcnewell
03-28-03, 10:13 PM
You can't buff your head till you pass the beautiful head test!

elwesso
03-28-03, 10:20 PM
Fortunately I wont have to pass that for a LONG time!

kcnewell
03-29-03, 01:29 AM
I volunteered for it when I was around 30....I always thought that hair was a pain in the ass! I was gonna shave it when I was 16 or 17 but long hair was how we all did it at that time and I still thought it was important to go along with the crowd. Now I don't care what anybody thinks! I do what I want! The way I want to do it. Besides....I think I look cool as hell with my head shaved!

Scrapyard
03-29-03, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by elwesso

At least I cant buff my head ;) :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Dude, that's wrong, funny, but wrong:D . It's alright though. I'm the other closet ricer here. Except mine are of the 2 wheeled perswation(sp) and are actually fast;) . AND!, I still own a Caddilac. Although I kinda like the new Q45. If I was to ever by an Infinaty that would be it. That's a sexy car.

elwesso
03-29-03, 02:25 PM
The new Qs are nice. Very expensive, and very complex though. There isnt an engine much more complex than the ones in the Qs. Heck, my Q has some features that are now just becoming popular.

Scrapyard
03-29-03, 02:34 PM
Yeah, that whole voice activated EVERYTHING! is kinda cool. That and the 320bhp. I sat in one at an auto show a few months back. It has that big BMW feel to it. It was nice though. The price would probablly make me vomit if I knew it so don't tell me. I want to enjoy my lunch for another couple hours :D.

Jinx
03-31-03, 11:57 AM
'lac exists to create new language that those who aren't cool (and young) don't understand. It's called slang. It's been going on for decades. Look into it.

'lac was probably first coined just to fit a rhyme, and slang took it from there.

Everyone uses slang, and your slang is no more or less degenerative of the language than anyone else's. So chill out, daddios, it's all good.

.Jinx

Liseckas
03-31-03, 10:51 PM
I still wouldn't want somebody calling my car called a "lac" and most of the subscribers to this forum site probably wouldn't want their "CADDY'S" called "lac's" either. The proof's in the poll numbers.

AirJigga25
04-01-03, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Jinx
'lac exists to create new language that those who aren't cool (and young) don't understand. It's called slang. It's been going on for decades. Look into it.

'lac was probably first coined just to fit a rhyme, and slang took it from there.

Everyone uses slang, and your slang is no more or less degenerative of the language than anyone else's. So chill out, daddios, it's all good.

.Jinx

^ this guy is cool. His point is very good. My number one choice is caddy. I like lac cuz I can say, "Check the chrome & Black Lac" and it rhymes. Kind of like how a rapper once said "In my 'burban swervin'. For all you haters who can't tolerate new things...you're all old farts! Just kidding...we just have different opinions.

Elvis
04-01-03, 03:26 PM
<<<-----Old fart and proud of it.

Liseckas
04-01-03, 05:03 PM
If it weren't for opinions we wouldn't have forums.

My cars are old but I am not,
Opinions are the only new things I've got.

kcnewell
04-01-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Liseckas
If it weren't for opinions we wouldn't have forums.

My cars are old but I am not,
Opinions are the only new things I've got.

True!:D

HotRodSaint
04-01-03, 08:11 PM

.Jinx

"Those Martinini drinking daddies drove some really cool Caddy's, but I smoke crack so I drive a bad ass 'Lac"

Yea, that rhymes. :D

kcnewell
04-01-03, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by HotRodSaint
"Those Martinini drinking daddies drove some really cool Caddy's, but I smoke crack so I drive a bad ass 'Lac"

Yea, that rhymes. :D

Till I take a bullet in the head, Then I'll be dead. They'll find me lyin' in the back of my bad ass 'Lac!

Yeah, That rhymes!:banghead:

elwesso
04-01-03, 08:57 PM
Cad is the fad, and lac is bad!!!!!!

Rex Raider
04-02-03, 01:01 PM
Caddy. no argument here.

AirJigga25
04-02-03, 01:55 PM
This shouldn't be about which one is better. The poll seems to prove which one most people like. It should be about the freedom to use whatever term you want without being called lame. "All settings on attack in my tricked out lac." This is america damnit!

(stay tuned for pictures of my ride...coming to a theater near you)

AirJigga25
04-02-03, 01:57 PM
Just to play devils advocate...What's up with CAD. I think Computer Aided Design when I hear it. But if you like it... its your world.

Liseckas
04-02-03, 07:19 PM
I guess I'm just on another planet!

Jinx
04-03-03, 12:52 AM
It should be about the freedom to use whatever term you want without being called lame. "All settings on attack in my tricked out lac." This is america damnit!

I wouldn't go that far. Let's not forget the freedom to call stuff lame.

Lame, of course, being slang itself.

I think "lame" is weak.

HotRodSaint
04-03-03, 09:08 AM
Let's not forget the freedom to call stuff lame.

WAY too many people are forgetting that lately!

I guess that public high schools don't teach civics anymore. :confused:

kcnewell
04-03-03, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AirJigga25
Just to play devils advocate...What's up with CAD. I think Computer Aided Design when I hear it. But if you like it... its your world.

Computer Aided Design Didn't exist when the term Cad. was coined for Cadillacs. I don't care for it personally. But whatever!

Jinx
04-03-03, 01:09 PM
"I guess that public high schools don't teach civics anymore."

Public high schools teach a lot of things. But a lot of students don't choose to learn.

kcnewell
04-03-03, 01:28 PM
Public schools teach a lot of things alright....

Revisionist History

Poor grammar/ spelling

Mathematics with a calculator.

Disrespect for God and Country

The list goes on and on!

It's sad really to see the state of our public education system, I give credit to anyone that can come out of the system with any level of literacy.

Scrapyard
04-03-03, 01:55 PM
Hey I graduated in 99 and had to take english over in summer school. I think I did alright. :D

Jinx
04-03-03, 01:57 PM
I give demerits to the parents of anyone who's illiterate or dysfunctionally ignorant -- no matter how bad the school system might be.

BTW, all history is revisionist.

Is there anything else we can lash with our collective old fogeyism today?

.Jinx

87CoupeDeVille
04-03-03, 04:17 PM
The easy mathematics that I did with my calculator in high school, my dad didnt do until he was into his advanced math in college, I think there's a bit of a difference between what is taught now and what has previouslly been taught. Aside from this massive run on sentence my grammar and spelling are pretty much well above average for internet situations. For my papers that I write for my classes, I cant have more than 3 errors without having to rewrite the paper.

Kurt

kcnewell
04-03-03, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Scrapyard
Hey I graduated in 99 and had to take english over in summer school. I think I did alright. :D

That was my point!....So you had even more hurdles to jump over just to get an education. My hat's off to you for making it through the obstacle course!:banghead:

Scrapyard
04-03-03, 06:15 PM
That was my point!....So you had even more hurdles to jump over just to get an education. My hat's off to you for making it through the obstacle course!:banghead:
Thank you. Now if I can just get off my lazy ass and finish college I'll be alright:D .

kcnewell
04-03-03, 06:30 PM
Been there, Done that!........

AirJigga25
04-03-03, 06:31 PM
lol isn't correct grammar...lol get it? yuck yuck.

Personally, I choose to use correct grammar when shipping lead reports or intelligence summaries to various corporate entities so I don't look like a schmuck. I actually live the movie Office Space 40 hours a week. What a trip...

Chatrooms are my escape from this where I can take a break and not give a flying Lac. What are we talking about again? Honda Civics? How conversations shift...sighhh
PS - If anyone wants to buy some enterprise business software, just let me know...lmao. Lac to ya later peoples.

HotRodSaint
04-03-03, 07:48 PM

Revisionist History

Poor grammar/ spelling

The list goes on and on!

It's sad really to see the state of our public education system, I give credit to anyone that can come out of the system with any level of literacy.

This might be the second time I've ever posted a post that agree's 100% with you. :thumbsup:

Liseckas
04-03-03, 07:54 PM
A waste is a terrible thing to mind!

toomanytoyz
04-03-03, 09:29 PM
Uhhmmmmm yeaaaaah.... Did you get the memo?

:D

Liseckas
04-03-03, 09:52 PM
Memo????

:confused:

I must have been ditching class that day!
:banghead: :banghead2 :basketcas

Sevillius
04-03-03, 10:36 PM
Caddy.........cadmobile sometimes. Lac sucks.

I agree those rappers should be cleaning toilets.....after 3 years of good cleaning somebody might buy them a brush!

Rap is popular because it's easier to talk than sing.

Related issue....you see these pathetic kids slouching down in their rice cars, slouching sideways, thinking they're cool in their little Honda or some piece of crap.........I'm just glad I was their age in the 60s, when you could go into a new car showroom and see a GTO, 442, Camaros, Mustangs, Hemis, etc. etc. That was a good time for cars when cars were macho.

Jinx
04-03-03, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Scrapyard

You should know that 'alright' is not a word.

I'm sorry, but the unintentional humor was just too much for me.

.Jinx

Scrapyard
04-04-03, 01:19 AM
You should know that 'alright' is not a word.

I'm sorry, but the unintentional humor was just too much for me.

.Jinx
LOL, ok you got me. Hey, I never said I was good at it. To me a pronoun is a noun that gets paid, ALRIGHT!:p

Oh, and on the subject of idiots in ricemobiles. The whole slouching thing is "Gangsta". Yeah with an "a". It started out as a way for bangers to drive around and not be seen by rival gangs so they wouldn't be shot at. They'd duck the seat back and hide behind the door or the B pillar. This way they'd think that was so and so's ride but weren't sure if the person they were looking for was driving. That's the story anyway. It eventually got adopted by a bunch of middel class white boys that think they're hard because the listen to Puff Daddy :rolleyes: . Personaly I all ways thought I grew up in the wrong era. Some where between 1950 and 1970 would have been good :D .

kcnewell
04-04-03, 01:10 PM
Scrapyard, It was a great time to grow up! It's true....It was awesome to be able to go into a new car showroom and see a '70 El Camino "SS" or a '69 Mach 1 Mustang ( The last good car Ford ever built! ) or a '66 Chevelle "SS" 396. I mean My dad had a Chrysler with a 392 Hemi that he bought new! How cool is that? The true era of the factory Hot Rod. If you met a member of a rival gang ( Yes we had them ) You might get in a fist fight or something like that! But we were man enough to handle it that way and not hide behind a gun. The reason that they have to do it with guns now is they're weak! and scared of a little beating. The main reason that they spell it "Gangsta" is thet most of them are semi literate at best and they more than likely just misspelled it! Then it caught on with idiot kids and they thought it was cool by design. Pronoun is a noun that gets paid!.....That's funny!

Scrapyard
04-04-03, 07:39 PM
The way I was brought up was old school but I'm very open minded. I'll listen to just about anything you have to say and take it for what it's worth. Hopefully I can walk away learning something new from it. Though there is always that percentage you'll walk away with a headache. Cultural diversaty is one thing that makes this world great. With out it the world would be a pretty boring place. When you can take little bits of cultur and apply them to your life style that is what makes you unique from everyone else. But I was always tought to stay true to your self and be who you are. So when I see people that put on the fisade(sp) and act like something they'er not I have to wounder... I'm the kind of person that persona changes with my mood. I can strech between sounding like I have a PHD when I'm having an intelectual conversation with someone to babling idiot when I'm just screwing around. May be I need to be put on medication? I don't know. In my short time on this Earth I like to think I've meet and seen a lot of different things that I can get away with my multipule personalities. Granted I know I havn't seen and done it all, and I still don't know shit about shit, but I'm get'n there.

jerseyMan
04-09-03, 06:23 PM
Yeah, Caddy is the one! 'Lac just doesn't compare.

JerseyGirl
04-17-03, 11:47 AM

Revisionist History

Poor grammar/ spelling

The list goes on and on!

Just a few reasons why I home-school my kids!:D