Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone still having the headlamp aim issue?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ross Geller 
#1 ·
I know I have read others having this issue and it has recently started for me. The short version is, after starting the vehicle and the HID lights complete their calibration, one or both (in my case just the driver side) headlamps stay aimed in at a varying location. For me, my driver side lamp stays aimed high in hi-beam mode. I feel the issue might be mechanical and not a programming issue since it started out of no where. Also, I've had the service adaptive headlamps light illuminated once while driving and never again. The biggest pain is when I start my car in daylight. I won't know its aimed high. On several occasions while highway driving, I only noticed when it became dark enough for my lights to turn on. I had to pull over to restart the car on the emergency shoulder since I was blinding every driver in front of me.

My dealer could not replicate the problem so they asked for evidence. I was able to grab some photos when the issue happened. They claim there is nothing they can do about it after I showed them the photos. I still have the musty A/C smell in my 2014 which I'm taking the car into the dealer to try another fix which is another story. They also claim they can't do anything since the TSB was only for the 2013's. Deodorizing didn't help.

First image: Car is running, headlamps are just turned off. The left photo is the passenger side showing the aim normal. Right photo is the driver side. Note how its aimed high.

Second image: Note the light spread on the driver side. The SUV in front of me is being illuminated and it's at a distance where NO light should be shined unless my high beams are on. Yet my passenger side is normal, so my high beams are not on.

Third image: Left photo shows the driver side aimed high. Right photo shows the light spread after I restarted the car. Note the car wasn't moved.

Any thoughts? Has anyone fixed this issue? Was the headlamp replaced? Re-programmed?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.