: CTSV-plus?

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-03-05, 12:45 PM
Reading Motor Trend last night - (big article on the SRT8 vs GTO by the way) - Anyway, one of the letters from readers speaks about a Vette test and refered to a special vette he called Blue Thunder or something like that. He was saying the one they tested had more than the indicated 505 horsepower because it had this new engine being tested for the special Vette.

Morot Trend replied saying the testing for the special Vette had been canceled because the upgraded engine - apparently with well more than 505 HP was being prepared for something called a CTSV-plus.

Anybody heard such a thing?:eek:

Kadonny
11-03-05, 12:50 PM
Yup I have heard of it, there are even a pic or 2 floating around the net if you look.

So far, just a twinkle in GM's eye.

lawfive
11-03-05, 03:39 PM
I read that too, but I read it as MT saying, "You won't see the one unless you see the other." And I don't really expect to see the 'other.'

CVP33
11-03-05, 07:34 PM
Blue Devil is the code name for the uber vette. Apparently the Chief Engineer is a Duke alumuni. As for the CTS-V+, I thought that was DOA?

Ralph
11-03-05, 07:40 PM
Yes! And it's a damn shame!

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54062

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-03-05, 09:08 PM
I don't know anything except per MT: ."......Blue Devil, which looks to be on hold as GM will have to install the engine in a Cadillac (the CTSVplus) as well to make the numbers work."

It can be taken to imply either conclusion. Might be reading too much into it, but the word "will" implies pending a future event, as oppossed to "would" implying ain't happening unless something changes.

But now that I think about it, it's a bit pathetic that I'm even thinking about what some smuck wrote in a car mag to this extent.....

Ralph
11-03-05, 09:18 PM
it's a bit pathetic that I'm even thinking about what some smuck wrote in a car mag to this extent.....

But at this point, what else can we go by? Blue Devil would likely determine the future existence of this car..