: Scratches on NAV screen.

brtnharv
11-03-05, 01:21 PM
Hey guys I have a few fine scratches on my NAV screen that are really only noticeable when the suns shines of it. It really looks like hell when it does though. Any luck with any scratch "removers" ? or any other tips to remove them? thanks.

trekster
11-03-05, 01:46 PM
use light sand paper.

brtnharv
11-03-05, 01:52 PM
Thanks I'll try that.

Flyboy
11-03-05, 01:59 PM
No! No!

brtnharv
11-03-05, 02:09 PM
I'm kidding. No one else has this issue?

BeastMaster
11-03-05, 02:09 PM
use light sand paper.

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help less:

Flyboy
11-03-05, 02:13 PM
I do have fine scratches also.....just haven't tried anything yet.

markbinkc
11-03-05, 02:18 PM
Do they replace that screen when they replace the radio? I've got a big scratch across mine too, but I also have another radio coming because of the buttons rubbing off. Maybe that's the fix!

Mark

trekster
11-03-05, 02:20 PM
:rofl:

CTSVONFIRE
11-03-05, 03:54 PM
Take it to the dealer, they should warranty it.

BadCad
11-03-05, 11:25 PM
McGuiers (sp?) Car wax has a professional polish for plastic surfaces to refinish and remove scratches - try that. Otherwise go back to dealer. I've got passingers touching the screen all the time thinking it is a 'touchscreen' or there are decals on it :helpless:

lasstss
11-03-05, 11:57 PM
McGuiers (sp?) Car wax has a professional polish for plastic surfaces to refinish and remove scratches - try that. Otherwise go back to dealer. I've got passingers touching the screen all the time thinking it is a 'touchscreen' or there are decals on it :helpless:

Actually, I have used aluminum wheel polish, mothers, simichrome etc with some success on clear plastic. Aside from replacing the unit, try a tiny amount and see how it looks. Or the above Meguiars for finishing.

f2000keith
11-04-05, 01:40 AM
On a side note, what do you guys use to clean the nav screen without scratching it?

CTS-VETTE 550HP
11-04-05, 01:50 AM
On a side note, what do you guys use to clean the nav screen without scratching it?

i use the soft cleaning rag that comes with OAKLEY shades. works great removing dust and finger prints without scratching the screen.

heavymetals
11-04-05, 01:59 AM
I use the Meguiars for plastic (faceshield).

CTSVONFIRE
11-04-05, 08:52 AM
CTS-VETTE IS PROBABLY USING THE BEST THING. My in dash TV in my truck cam w/ a cleaning cloth for the lcd tv. I use it in my car and my tv in my house. If you don't let to much dust gather the cloth should last awhile. I'm going on 2 years.

CTS-VETTE 550HP
11-04-05, 09:43 AM
CTS-VETTE IS PROBABLY USING THE BEST THING. My in dash TV in my truck cam w/ a cleaning cloth for the lcd tv. I use it in my car and my tv in my house. If you don't let to much dust gather the cloth should last awhile. I'm going on 2 years.

thank ya......thank ya very much i been using this method for a few years now especially on my home LCD tv's and LCD computer monitors work great with no complaints here.

brtnharv
11-04-05, 04:18 PM
thanks guys I just ordered the Mirror Glaze Clear Plastic Polish from Meguiars. I called them and told them my situation and they said this is the stuff to use. I will post my results after i try it out. thanks.

http://www.meguiars.com/?pro-clear-plastic-care/Mirror-Glaze-Clear-Plastic-Polish