: What is an 05 V with a few mods worth???

redzone
11-03-05, 09:25 AM
I went from a C6 as a daily driver to the V because of back problems. Now the clutch is causing more problems for me. In anticipation of an auto V I need to sell this one. No scratches, no chips, paint is perfect. It's platinum with grey interior...no moonroof...2950 miles, B&M shifter,tinted windows,lowered on Eibach's,Magnaflow exhaust. I also changed the wheels to 19" CCW SP18's fully polished with BF Goodrich KD's. I also have the Predator programmer installed which was good for a few ponies. Any input on the value before listed on Ebay & Autotrader would be very much appreciated.

11-03-05, 10:06 AM
I went from a C6 as a daily driver to the V because of back problems. Now the clutch is causing more problems for me. In anticipation of an auto V I need to sell this one. No scratches, no chips, paint is perfect. It's platinum with grey interior...no moonroof...2950 miles, B&M shifter,tinted windows,lowered on Eibach's,Magnaflow exhaust. I also changed the wheels to 19" CCW SP18's fully polished with BF Goodrich KD's. I also have the Predator programmer installed which was good for a few ponies. Any input on the value before listed on Ebay & Autotrader would be very much appreciated.

You'd probably do better returning the car to stock and selling the parts separately. Modifications like that only raise the spectre of warranty issues and abuse (on resale), rather than adding value to the car.

Is there a problem with your car's clutch, or is your back problems making left leg action a problem in general (sciatica sucks)? If your clutch is messed up then let them fix it under warranty. If you have a disc problem, I hear ya....

I've got a back issue as well and am looking at the autos as my only option in the future as the L5-S1 continues to press harder on the nerve........

Florian
11-03-05, 10:22 AM
Ill take your CCW's (dibs!!!)

F

trekster
11-03-05, 10:55 AM
2nd on the dibs if his fails.

04CTSVFLA
11-03-05, 12:48 PM
You'd probably do better returning the car to stock and selling the parts separately. Modifications like that only raise the spectre of warranty issues and abuse (on resale), rather than adding value to the car.

I couldnt AGREE more.

04CTSVFLA
11-03-05, 12:49 PM
ill take dibs on the eibachs and your modified shocks grooved for lowering (and ill give you my stock ones)

Harley Guy
11-03-05, 01:44 PM
Man... the body isn't even cold and they are arguing over who gets the shoes.:histeric:

crowan
11-03-05, 02:27 PM
Man... the body isn't even cold and they are arguing over who gets the shoes.:histeric:

This group is COLD! Its a good thing Redzone didn't list his address or he might come out in the morning to find his car on cinder blocks and the tint peeled off the windows.:lildevil:

CR

P.S. I'll take the shifter

redzone
11-03-05, 06:29 PM
At least I have an outlet for the mods:highfive: ...any idea what it's worth stock??

04CTSVFLA
11-03-05, 06:44 PM
LOL.....

The car has resale values that range wildly. I think this is due to geographic location, and people not knowing about the employee discount, and think 40k is a good price because it orginally was 53k. But people that do know about the discount wont pay more than 38k for your car. IMHO.

crowan
11-03-05, 07:37 PM
Redzone:

Your mods are not radical. In fact, you have done what many V owners get around to eventually: tint, exhaust, tune etc. Your wheels and tires are of the attractive "mainstream" type, and if you still have your stock wheels, you have a dynamite wheel package. The shifter is a big plus as well. You haven't opened up the motor for heads and cam, added headers, or a boy racer exhaust.

It sounds to me like you have a desireable package for an enthusiast, and only enthusiasts will be interested in the V anyway. With your low mileage, you may find a private buyer in the $40K range, give or take a thousand bucks. However, there seem to be more than a few people who are willing to dump their cars for impossibly low prices which has kicked the resale market in the nuts. Good luck.

CR