: How Can You Tell A 1975 Coupe Deville From A 1976

RIPLEY
11-03-05, 04:33 AM
:welcome: HI , Does anybody know how you can tell a 1975 Cadillac coupe deville from a 1976. Did they both come with the hood Cadillac hood ornament?they both look alike, my name is Dave, I live in Minnesota, I grew up at Anderson Cadillac, I remember the mid seventies the most man that was a great time. Cars were ships.
I worked at the Michigan plant that produced the 1980 Cadillac Eldorados with the 368 cu in digital fuel injectors with the new computor, wow did that car shake the auto world, the digital age has arived. my name on the Cadillac forum is 'RIPLEY", named after Lt. Ellen Ripley Flight officer of the uscmss Nostromo from the motion picture 'ALIEN' Old Sigorney Weaver drives a new Cad to. :duck:

Boombotz
11-03-05, 10:24 AM
:welcome: to the forums.

addison_ii
11-03-05, 06:37 PM
:welcome: to the forums. I live in St. Paul, glad to have you join us here.

fleetwood76
11-04-05, 02:12 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. there was very little that tell a 75 from a 76 one thing that i know of is, on the cornering lights in the front on the 76 is there two horizontal chrome (plastic) lines. Thats is the only thing i know about the body, there could be other differens in interiour material and so on, but thats i dont know.
jolle

davesdeville
11-05-05, 07:10 AM
If you can get an up close look at the car(s) in question, the 6th digit of the VIN would be a 5 for 75 and a 6 for 76. Never noticed that about the chrome lines on the cornering lights, that's cool I thought there were literally no differences. Things like this are why this forum kicks ass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-05-05, 10:34 AM
First of all,:welcome: I am a MN native too, I'm from Eagan. And if i remember correctly, the grilles are slightly different.

Pete Benson
11-05-05, 03:16 PM
On the '76s the grill insert is also different, and there are chrome borders around the horizontal taillights just above the rear bumper.