: Charger SRT-8 for sticker!

CVP33
11-02-05, 07:52 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-DODGE-CHARGER-SRT-8_W0QQitemZ4586923143QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZVi ewItem

Boy was I surprised to see this! A dealer actually selling one of these for sticker. Options I,II and III. This one is loaded. If I was getting one, this would be the color. Don't these Dodge dealers know they're supposed to asked for $10,000 over sticker?! :histeric:

Luna.
11-02-05, 07:59 PM
Both the 300 and the Charger SRT-8s are just GREAT cars, but the pricing on these, especially the Charger, leaves a lot to be desired.

~$43k for a loaded Charger? Give me a break...that is so disappointing. Might as well get a V if you are going to spend that much.

It's no secret that Dodge makes it money off the hemi engines. I can appreciate that. But PLEASE, THAT much of a mark-up is just too egregious.

CVP33
11-02-05, 08:01 PM
I dunno. What options do we have that a loaded Charger doesn't? Just curious. $43K seems reasonable to me, but obviously I've already made my decision twice now! :histeric: If I give up a few tics in the quarter to pick 'em up in the twisties then that's a good trade off to me. I definitely like the way the V feels when pushed to the limit.

DeVillish
11-02-05, 08:38 PM
i chaged my order from a CTS with the little 2.8 to a Charger R/T with the road and track option and electronic conveince group, basicly i get everything i was gona get in the CTS but i also get the Hemi. And i still saved about 2 grand over the CTS, with over 2 grand worth of options. Wait till some of the SRT-8 guys get those superchargers put on...

crowan
11-02-05, 08:42 PM
The one thing I don't like about the SRT series (and Chryslers in general) is the paint quality. The colors just have no pop to them, and seem strangely dull. The silver is really blah if you park one next to a platinum V. M-B has great colors and I'm surprised that some of that portfolio hasn't trickled down to Chrysler.

But that motor.....oh yeah!

CR

11-02-05, 08:50 PM
Good comparo in the new Motor Trend re: Charger SRT-8 v. Tremec-equipped GTO. GTO was quicker 0-60 by .3, but the article was very much favoring the Mopar.......

Not having any seat-time in either one, I have no opinion. Oh, wait. I don't like automatics in my musclecars.

Popcorn, anyone?

crowan
11-02-05, 08:57 PM
Good comparo in the new Motor Trend re: Charger SRT-8 v. Tremec-equipped GTO. GTO was quicker 0-60 by .3, but the article was very much favoring the Mopar.......

Not having any seat-time in either one, I have no opinion. Oh, wait. I don't like automatics in my musclecars.

Popcorn, anyone?

Oh God, I hope that I'm not going to have to call down to the basement for E-Thug. He only comes upstairs to respond to forum trolls, but the SRT-8 seems to bring them out in force.:histeric:

CR

CVP33
11-02-05, 09:25 PM
I really don't like the styling of either the 300C or the Charger they look clumsy to me. But I'm sure some folks think the CTS-V looks awkward with all it's angles and such. I do know that you can't beat an American V8 though. These cars are grizzlies. What a great time to be a car enthusiast. :thumbsup:

SRT8/BMW
11-02-05, 09:41 PM
Both the 300 and the Charger SRT-8s are just GREAT cars, but the pricing on these, especially the Charger, leaves a lot to be desired.

~$43k for a loaded Charger? Give me a break...that is so disappointing. Might as well get a V if you are going to spend that much.

It's no secret that Dodge makes it money off the hemi engines. I can appreciate that. But PLEASE, THAT much of a mark-up is just too egregious.

You think $43K is unreasonable for a 4 dr sedan with 425 hp, stock times under 13, bluetooth, nav, boston accoustics sound, rear back up assist, rain sensing wipers, brembos, a mercedes tranny, f1 tires, 6 disc in dash cd player with mp3?? I don't get it...sincerely. What is that worth to you?:bomb:

Katshot
11-02-05, 09:42 PM

Popcorn, anyone?

Hey, the GTO can be had in either an auto or stick. It's actually a real lot of fun to drive too. I must admit, I'd prefer a stick in this kind of car myself.

CVP33
11-02-05, 09:43 PM
I thought the same thing. That's why I asked what options are available on the CTS-V but not the SRT-8's. Does anyone know?

Katshot
11-02-05, 09:43 PM
You think $43K is unreasonable for a 4 dr sedan with 425 hp, stock times under 13, bluetooth, nav, boston accoustics sound, rear back up assist, rain sensing wipers, brembos, a mercedes tranny, f1 tires, 6 disc in dash cd player with mp3?? I don't get it...sincerely. What is that worth to you?:bomb:

That sounds good for a 300 SRT-8 but I think it's a bit stiff for a Charger.

DeVillish
11-02-05, 09:48 PM
I thought the same thing. That's why I asked what options are available on the CTS-V but not the SRT-8's. Does anyone know?
Well....honestly all that i can think of is that the V has a manual and the SRT-8 doesnt. And the Charger SRT-8 starts at 38k, the 300C SRT-8 at 42k. The V and SRT-8s are both great cars, the SRT-8s are bigger though. Hell i think its great that we have these kinds of cars comming out of US car makers.

DarkKnight
11-02-05, 10:03 PM

No it's not unreasonable, for those that like Dodges it's fine. If you didn't notice, this is the CTS-V section of a Cadillac forum and we like Cadillacs, more specifically the CTS-V. I really don't think SRT-8 folks pleading their cases here will make them enjoy their cars more or us enjoy our cars any less. I would think talking to those that share your enthusiasm and tastes would be energy better spent. Enjoy your car; I enjoy my cars just fine.

aburd
11-02-05, 10:07 PM
i mean seriously. this is a caddy board. i absolutely hate the dodge design of the charger and the srt8. i love rolling the cts v and turning peoples heads. hell when i was in vegas every taxi was a 300.. yuck. magnaflow, volant, and soon to be maggie will definitley turn heads. cmon we love our cts v/s .. the styling is wicked.. i have to look hard to see if if it a 300 srt 8 or charger. i can tell from a mile away whether its a v or not.\

my 2
burd

Florian
11-02-05, 10:11 PM
Heres my .02. I dig the look of the Charger, the 300 doesnt really float my boat, but the fact that there isnt a hemispherical combustion chamber and Mopar calls it a hemi is tantamount to blasphemy. May as well call it a 6 pack as well.

F

Joey'sVee
11-02-05, 10:12 PM
Those SRT 8's are very nice rides! JMHO

CVP33
11-02-05, 10:13 PM
Joey,

Your avatar would be a nice ride. :thumbsup:

What honey? Coming dear....................

Staxxin
11-02-05, 10:14 PM
Joey,

Your avatar would be a nice ride. :thumbsup:

What honey? Coming dear....................

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

just wrong :nono:

CVP33
11-02-05, 10:22 PM
:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

just wrong :nono:

Most wrongest.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56662

Just when you thought I wouldn't go any lower. :highfive:

Joey'sVee
11-02-05, 10:29 PM
Most wrongest.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56662

Just when you thought I wouldn't go any lower. :highfive:

Yeah that would be a nice ride!!!:cloud9:

SRT8/BMW
11-02-05, 10:32 PM
i mean seriously. this is a caddy board. i absolutely hate the dodge design of the charger and the srt8. i love rolling the cts v and turning peoples heads. hell when i was in vegas every taxi was a 300.. yuck. magnaflow, volant, and soon to be maggie will definitley turn heads. cmon we love our cts v/s .. the styling is wicked.. i have to look hard to see if if it a 300 srt 8 or charger. i can tell from a mile away whether its a v or not.\

my 2
burd

yes..it is a Caddy Board..and others (like me) come here because they like the V and are interested in the mods, kills, problems, etc..

And you are obviously entitled to you "2".....but please...comparing the V to the "300" (taxis). Do you know how many CTSs are on the road? And while I love the look of the V, it is the subtle differnces that make it - - the grill, facia, tires wheels, exhaust and badging. Without that it would like a CTS which to me (IMHO) is a belly button car---they are ugly and everyone has one.

And t he V, and the GTO, and the SRT8 are all polarizing..people either love them or hate them.

Luna.
11-02-05, 11:09 PM

Absolutely.

Just because other people are willing to pay premium dollars primarily because the car is powered by a hemi, I'm a little more reserved.

It is less profitable to sell a car for X dollars when someone is willing to pay X+Y dollars. As such, I know well what Daimlerchrysler is doing. However, I'm very confident that the cost to manufacture such a motor is nowhere near the markup that they are requesting.

If you believe it's worth it, cool; knock yourself out. Personally, I don't. It's no secret that the hemi is VERY easy to manufacture. What makes this great for Daimlerchrysler, however, is that it not only generates very high margins, it also generates high demand (well, the high demand probably causes the high margins, but hopefully you get what I'm saying).

Why don't you take a look at Daimlerchrysler's annual/quarterly reports and you might understand where I am coming from (hint, look for form 20F (for annual reports), as they are a foreign filer, not the usual 10K for US companies). Further, various newspapers report often about their Chrysler division operating results. They are making a FORTUNE on their cars and, make no mistake about it, it's primarily driven by the hemi, which is generating INSANE profits (yes, they also have less "legacy" costs than GM/Ford, but that isn't the primary driver of both revenues and margins).

I love both of the cars--make no mistake about it. I'm merely disappointed in the price, ESPECIALLY the highly-dubious markups.

DeVillish
11-02-05, 11:31 PM
I think i got a great price on my charger R/T, but then i did get it for under MSRP and got a 1700 rebate....:bouncy:

Dave's V
11-02-05, 11:49 PM
I find most of the Chrysler products very unappealing, especially their cars. I just don't like their styling.

I don't see many CTS (regular ones) around here in Utah and I only know of around 3-4 Vs in the local area. I see plenty of Chryslers around here though. Eventually they will sell for way below MSRP just like the PT Cruiser. They brought back the Hemi (although not like the real Hemi) to get more sales and it seems to be working for now.

I'm glad so many people say they don't like the look of the V. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to move trying to drive the thing around. It attracts enough attention with so many people hating it.

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 06:34 AM
Absolutely.

Just because other people are willing to pay premium dollars primarily because the car is powered by a hemi, I'm a little more reserved.

It is less profitable to sell a car for X dollars when someone is willing to pay X+Y dollars. As such, I know well what Daimlerchrysler is doing. However, I'm very confident that the cost to manufacture such a motor is nowhere near the markup that they are requesting.

If you believe it's worth it, cool; knock yourself out. Personally, I don't. It's no secret that the hemi is VERY easy to manufacture. What makes this great for Daimlerchrysler, however, is that it not only generates very high margins, it also generates high demand (well, the high demand probably causes the high margins, but hopefully you get what I'm saying

Why don't you take a look at Daimlerchrysler's annual/quarterly reports and you might understand where I am coming from (hint, look for form 20F (for annual reports), as they are a foreign filer, not the usual 10K for US companies). Further, various newspapers report often about their Chrysler division operating results. They are making a FORTUNE on their cars and, make no mistake about it, it's primarily driven by the hemi, which is generating INSANE profits (yes, they also have less "legacy" costs than GM/Ford, but that isn't the primary driver of both revenues and margins).

I love both of the cars--make no mistake about it. I'm merely disappointed in the price, ESPECIALLY the highly-dubious markups.

Fair enough...thanks for the honest answer with out flaming.

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 06:39 AM
I find most of the Chrysler products very unappealing, especially their cars. I just don't like their styling.

I don't see many CTS (regular ones) around here in Utah and I only know of around 3-4 Vs in the local area. I see plenty of Chryslers around here though. Eventually they will sell for way below MSRP just like the PT Cruiser. They brought back the Hemi (although not like the real Hemi) to get more sales and it seems to be working for now.

I'm glad so many people say they don't like the look of the V. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to move trying to drive the thing around. It attracts enough attention with so many people hating it.

Of course it getsa attention. It is a rare and awesome car...that was my point. There are far less SRT8s on the street then Vs, at least for now (looking at the production numbers so far) which was my point to the original poster, who was saying there are "300s everywhere." By the way, not that I want it, but my srt8 gets way more attention then I ever imagined....

Katshot
11-03-05, 06:47 AM
IMO, the CTS-V and the 300 SRT-8 have more in common than they do differences. The 'V' is to the CTS, what the SRT-8 is to the 300. There are a lot of CTS's on the road and there are a lot of 300's on the road. Both the 300 and the CTS have been described as "polarizing" designs. The 'V' and the SRT-8 are great cars and as enthusiasts we should all thanks God they are available to us. To each his own, I say. And as a wise old man told me years ago when speaking about the diversity of the automotive industry;
"there's an ass for every seat".

lasstss
11-03-05, 10:41 AM
IMO, the CTS-V and the 300 SRT-8 have more in common than they do differences. The 'V' is to the CTS, what the SRT-8 is to the 300. There are a lot of CTS's on the road and there are a lot of 300's on the road. Both the 300 and the CTS have been described as "polarizing" designs. The 'V' and the SRT-8 are great cars and as enthusiasts we should all thanks God they are available to us. To each his own, I say. And as a wise old man told me years ago when speaking about the diversity of the automotive industry;

I like that saying! As this is a new car there are plenty of takers that are going to take it in the knickers! I had an early V so I know. Give it 6 months, it will do the same thing as the V price wise. The semi hemi will not be enough to hold that price point.

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-03-05, 12:53 PM
Don't know about you guys, and I mean no offense to anyone's cars but the picks in here of the SRT8 only serve to assure me I made the right choice for the V.....what is that thing, something from the Dukes of Hazard? Sorry man, I'm not looking to look like a boy-racer - what's the V got that the SRT8 ain't........Class baby, that's what.

It's like James Bond compared to triple X - both bad, both popular, one with class, one without.

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 01:23 PM

well said...

VELOSE
11-03-05, 02:05 PM
I was a fan of the 300C when they came out because they looked similar to the Phantom. When they started to show up everywhere with chrome 22's and aftermarket chrome grilles, I lost interest. I still think they offer more options than our V's do but, exclusivity and hp is where they lack.

Now the SRT-8 version of the 300c and chargers are within comparing to the V. I really like the charger SRT-8's aggressive looks. I don't care much for the 300c SRT-8. The only benefits I see the SRT-8's having over our V is, more room, more hp stock, a few more options, and they cost less than a V. It sucks because, those are all very good selling points.

However, it all comes down to buyer choice. Does the buyer want a cruiser with hp, a few more gadgets, and exclusivity, get an SRT-8. Does the buyer want hp, exclusivity, cruiser, and track ready performance, get a V.

The SRT-8's only flaw for me is, it's automatic. I'm a road course driver. I don't follow, I pass.

thebigjimsho
11-03-05, 02:16 PM
I was a fan of the 300C when they came out because they looked similar to the Phantom. When they started to show up everywhere with chrome 22's and aftermarket chrome grilles, I lost interest. I still think they offer more options than our V's do but, exclusivity and hp is where they lack.

Now the SRT-8 version of the 300c and chargers are within comparing to the V. I really like the charger SRT-8's aggressive looks. I don't care much for the 300c SRT-8. The only benefits I see the SRT-8's having over our V is, more room, more hp stock, a few more options, and they cost less than a V. It sucks because, those are all very good selling points.

However, it all comes down to buyer choice. Does the buyer want a cruiser with hp, a few more gadgets, and exclusivity, get an SRT-8. Does the buyer want hp, exclusivity, cruiser, and track ready performance, get a V.

The SRT-8's only flaw for me is, it's automatic. I'm a road course driver. I don't follow, I pass.You should've copyrighted that last line, Velose. I'm stealing it.

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-03-05, 02:26 PM
Man, apart from all the closeness of performance between the two cars, could you really show up in an SRT8 to pick up a client to do some business? Would you drive it to a black tie affair? Man, my clients would either think it's mid-life crisis time or I was driving my kids car (not that either me or my kids are that old).

The V is at home in any situation - yes any situation - to race, to impress, high end, or the strip - very few cars can do it all. And with the back seat folded down, you can even get busy in it.

thebigjimsho
11-03-05, 03:13 PM
And with the back seat folded down, you can even get busy in it.If you were midgets or contortionists...........

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 03:16 PM
Man, apart from all the closeness of performance between the two cars, could you really show up in an SRT8 to pick up a client to do some business? Would you drive it to a black tie affair? Man, my clients would either think it's mid-life crisis time or I was driving my kids car (not that either me or my kids are that old).

The V is at home in any situation - yes any situation - to race, to impress, high end, or the strip - very few cars can do it all. And with the back seat folded down, you can even get busy in it.

Ironic, I sold my 2004 BMW 745 to buy the srt8--to use for all the things you mentioned .I drove the V and LOVED it, but could not take it for my needs...entertaining clients, family rides to/from soccer and school, trips to the golf club etc.... Too small, and the manual trannny (which is waaaay more fun) just would not have worked. SRT8 is, in my view, and those who have bought it and the many more who want it, a great full sized family sedan with performance. It is very UNDERSTATED...not at all like a "kids" car...subtle badging, facias, lowered and wheels and tires.
Apparently, all the mags view it that way as well. In effect, many that have purchased it see it as a wolf in sheeps clothing among luxury sedans..

lawfive
11-03-05, 03:33 PM
Before I saw and drove the V, I was looking hard at the 300C. I really dig the look! As others here have said, I don't dig what some guys have 'added' to their 300Cs, but then again some of our V brethren have done some aftermarket things to their Caddys that, well, :helpless:, :bonkers:, :holycrap:, and even :vomit: . To each their own.

The Charger styling, though, leaves me kind of cold. I can't even explain why, except that maybe I was hoping for a more retro look. Aside from the aesthetics, though, I don't have any problem with its price point. I'd certainly spend over $40K to get that kind of performance.

Come to think of it, that's exactly what I did.

VELOSE
11-03-05, 03:36 PM
Nice Sig BigJim. ;)

Katshot
11-03-05, 03:42 PM
I agree. The 300 SRT-8 is a very understated car, but just enough more aggressive looking than the standard 300C for my taste. The Charger is the "kids car" IMO. Much more "in your face" styling. For me, I would think the SRT-8 would present a much more luxurious impression than a CTS-V in the same way that a 7 or 8-series Bimmer would present a more luxurious impression a than an M3. Plus, How would your customers feel about being crammed into the back seat of the CTS vs. the 300? I guess the only REAL advantage the CTS-V would have is if the customer feels more impressed by the Cadillac name vs. the Chrysler name. Which is totally possible.

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 03:53 PM
I agree. The 300 SRT-8 is a very understated car, but just enough more aggressive looking than the standard 300C for my taste. The Charger is the "kids car" IMO. Much more "in your face" styling. For me, I would think the SRT-8 would present a much more luxurious impression than a CTS-V in the same way that a 7 or 8-series Bimmer would present a more luxurious impression a than an M3. Plus, How would your customers feel about being crammed into the back seat of the CTS vs. the 300? I guess the only REAL advantage the CTS-V would have is if the customer feels more impressed by the Cadillac name vs. the Chrysler name. Which is totally possible.

well said again....I agree about the Charger

too me, this (my ride)does not look like a "kid" car at all,

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/attachments/srt-8-general-discussion/4295-another-srt8-hits-street-srt82.jpg

VELOSE
11-03-05, 03:55 PM
For me, I would think the SRT-8 would present a much more luxurious impression than a CTS-V in the same way that a 7 or 8-series Bimmer would present a more luxurious impression a than an M3.

Basically, you are saying the CTS-V is a toy boy racer compared to the 300c srt8?

I don't agree and I think it's time for the sheep. :stirpot:

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-03-05, 04:31 PM
Well I take it you guys don't have the rear end stripe and hemi logo on the hood then like the posted pic. In that case, I could see....naah, no I can't. Don't get me wrong, the Charger was my initial pick and I was waiting for the SRT8 to come out until I checked out the V. I find the V has pleny of room in the rear (I'm 6'-2").

I find the Charger on the cheap side looks wise, the plastic on the C pilars, the rear side windows - hard to say why. Plus, once I learned they are put together in Canada - well, that did not help. If not for the V, I would've gone for the Charger....but the V just has SO much more style (IMO).

BTW - you got rid of a BMW "quarter to 8" (745) for the Charger? A friend of mine had so many problems with his that BMW gave him a new 2005 as a replacement - he said BMW offered that to anyone who had such issues with the electronics pkg.

Either way, glad to see you back supporting Americans (an, I guess Canadians)

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 04:47 PM
[quote=Ziplicon Tuesday]Well I take it you guys don't have the rear end stripe and hemi logo on the hood then like the posted pic. In that case, I could see....naah, no I can't. Don't get me wrong, the Charger was my initial pick and I was waiting for the SRT8 to come out until I checked out the V. I find the V has pleny of room in the rear (I'm 6'-2").

I find the Charger on the cheap side looks wise, the plastic on the C pilars, the rear side windows - hard to say why. Plus, once I learned they are put together in Canada - well, that did not help. If not for the V, I would've gone for the Charger....but the V just has SO much more style (IMO).

BTW - you got rid of a BMW "quarter to 8" (745) for the Charger? A friend of mine had so many problems with his that BMW gave him a new 2005 as a replacement - he said BMW offered that to anyone who had such issues with the electronics pkg.

You raise a good point...I am trying to support American built, but my engine was made in Mexico, and the car was assembled in Canada...

And of course, I just bought a Hyundai Sonata for my daily driver(surprisingly nice, affordable car) since the srt8 gets parked during winter, and the Hyundai was 100% built in USA (Alabama)..I am not sure which of the two, if either, is the right thing??

The BMW --owned it for about year and a half...put 40,000 miles on it. Never had a single problem with it, and nearly wept when I sold it (I know, I am a sissy, but I love my cars and that was the best overall car I ever drove). It was so incredible..the acceleration, handling, ride and features...

But..I like too many others and usually drive them for 35-40K...

I love the new STS-V.was thinking about as possible next car...but I was dissapointed to see the price. The CTS-V is a lot of car for the money. So is the SRT8, and the GTO. I even felt that at $82K, my BMW was...but at $77K, the STS-v (which is the real car I would compare the srt8 to from the caddy line-up) is overpriced. For that money I would rather go the extra and get the 500hp M5.

Luna.
11-03-05, 05:04 PM
I love the new STS-V.was thinking about as possible next car...but I was dissapointed to see the price. The CTS-V is a lot of car for the money. So is the SRT8, and the GTO. I even felt that at $82K, my BMW was...but at $77K, the STS-v (which is the real car I would compare the srt8 to from the caddy line-up) is overpriced. For that money I would rather go the extra and get the 500hp M5.

Well, get the STS-V with the s/c LS2 motor and then the STS-V might get the nod... :lildevil:

urbanski
11-03-05, 05:34 PM
SHEEP

http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/tn/152683.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/view/v152683/)

SRT8/BMW
11-03-05, 07:24 PM
Well, get the STS-V with the s/c LS2 motor and then the STS-V might get the nod... :lildevil:

I know...I m afraid to drive for fear I'll be hooked.....:bonkers:

Luna.
11-03-05, 07:46 PM
I know...I m afraid to drive for fear I'll be hooked.....:bonkers:

Agree. That powerplant in the STS-V probably makes the STS-V my first choice for cars in the $80k range & there are several seemingly good selections.

As it currently stands, however, no way to me.

Katshot
11-03-05, 07:55 PM
Basically, you are saying the CTS-V is a toy boy racer compared to the 300c srt8?

I don't agree and I think it's time for the sheep. :stirpot:

No, not at all. You think an M3 is a "toy boy racer"? Are you nuts?
The point was that the CTS-V is a small car with a stick and a very narrowly focused intended market segment. Whereas the 300 SRT-8 is a much larger car, and more subdued styling wise. It still presents more like a classic luxury car than a CTS-V so the "average" person would probably not pick up on it's performance focus as much as the 'V'. Quite possibly if for no other reason than it's having an automatic trans.
I can't believe that you took my comparing the CTS-V to an M3 as a BAD thing.:annoyed:

Katshot
11-03-05, 07:57 PM

Super-charged LS2?! Ahh, hello. Did I miss something here? Did Cadillac all of a sudden do a 180 and drop a Chevy motor in the STS? I don't think so. Nice dream though.

Luna.
11-03-05, 09:04 PM
Super-charged LS2?! Ahh, hello. Did I miss something here? Did Cadillac all of a sudden do a 180 and drop a Chevy motor in the STS? I don't think so. Nice dream though.

Yes actually, they did.

It's called the STS SAE 100.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102212

With more torque and HP (weight not considered here), it should walk away from a E55 AMG easy.

In my mind, this is what the STS-V should be STANDARD, but perhaps that is just me...

DeVillish
11-03-05, 09:10 PM
but gee...wouldnt it be nice if caddy used the "high proformance" Northstar in a high proformance car?

keeksv
11-03-05, 10:18 PM
The point was that the CTS-V is a small car with a stick and a very narrowly focused intended market segment. Whereas the 300 SRT-8 is a much larger car, and more subdued styling wise

Just rode in the back of a 300C (realtor's car at the beach) and it isn't obviously bigger than my V. What do you mean by "small" car?? Have you ridden in both?

Not sure what you mean by "narrowly focused" either. I think both cars are "narrowly focused" in terms of market segment. I personally like a manual transmission, so I bought the CTSV.

11-03-05, 11:15 PM
Squirrel

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/customavatars/avatar19845_1.gif

Sorry Slow, copied without permission. Urb, I didn't think you'd mind, either. Besides, E-thug be on da way to da house......

crowan
11-03-05, 11:49 PM
Squirrel

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/customavatars/avatar19845_1.gif

Sorry Slow, copied without permission. Urb, I didn't think you'd mind, either. Besides, E-thug be on da way to da house......

Hootie Hoo!

First, a mad shout-out to my main man, Douggie Fresh on the 610 tip.

E-Thug rollin', strollin', but never trollin'.

Mo' SRT-8 drama? No my brothers, no. Say it ain't so. Dis jimmy jam has been done to death. I mean D to the E to the A to the D!

The E was minding my crib, talking to a hot shortie on 1-900-BUNNIES, gettin' my swerve on, and I have to come here and represent?! Don't make me get my "9" and go all gangsta on yo ass.

Now, I got to hat-up and take care o' my biz. Damn Urb got me hooked on cottontail and I'm jonesin' like a muv.

Peace up, "A" town down.

E-Thug

DeVillish
11-04-05, 12:08 AM
wow....:suspect:

crowan
11-04-05, 12:28 AM
wow....:suspect:

Its a long story. Don't ask. :hide:

CR

DeVillish
11-04-05, 01:31 AM
iam almost scared to ask....

Katshot
11-04-05, 07:56 AM
Just rode in the back of a 300C (realtor's car at the beach) and it isn't obviously bigger than my V. What do you mean by "small" car?? Have you ridden in both?

Not sure what you mean by "narrowly focused" either. I think both cars are "narrowly focused" in terms of market segment. I personally like a manual transmission, so I bought the CTSV.

Say what you want but the specs tell a different story. The rear compartment dimensions on the 300 are actually closer to the Deville than the CTS, sorry. Like it or not the 300 is a substantially larger car than the CTS. I wasn't even going to point out the difference in weight either (over 300 pounds). Just another reason to be impressed by the SRT-8. IMO, anytime you get such a large car to perform at such a level, you gotta be impressed.

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-04-05, 09:12 AM
Yeah, it's fairly impressive, but I don't know what makes anyone think bigger is better (obvoius appendages notwithstanding). I find the size of the V just right and wouldn't want it any bigger. Man, I would not want to be Deville size. I guess that's the point, the V nails it (IMO) on all facets, the right size but not a boat, six speed (but the clunk sucks), fast, classy, looks very cool, one or a kind, American built.

"realtor's car at the beach" - yup, that's who I'd envision in the Mopar - ain't no realtor's spanking gears.

No offense to, realtors, large cars or, (just in case) sensitive people intended.

keeksv
11-04-05, 10:00 AM
Yeah, it's fairly impressive, but I don't know what makes anyone think bigger is better (obvoius appendages notwithstanding). I find the size of the V just right and wouldn't want it any bigger. Man, I would not want to be Deville size. I guess that's the point, the V nails it (IMO) on all facets, the right size but not a boat, six speed (but the clunk sucks), fast, classy, looks very cool, one or a kind, American built.

"realtor's car at the beach" - yup, that's who I'd envision in the Mopar - ain't no realtor's spanking gears.

No offense to, realtors, large cars or, (just in case) sensitive people intended.
Actually, I've ridden (in the back) of all three cars--DeVille, CTSV and 300C--over the past two months, and for me (6'2"), the Deville is bigger than both, and the V and 300C are much closer than I thought they would be. I guess there is a reason that there are a lot of 300C taxis around though. No offense meant to 300Cs, taxis, squirrels, etc...

Now I better get out of here as I think I hear E-thug bounding up the stairs....

Katshot
11-04-05, 10:15 AM

I'm certainly not trying to suggest that bigger is better, especially when talking about sports cars. I was merely following the point made by another on here concerning the backseat accomodations of the 300 vs. the CTS. Nothing more.

OldRoadDawg
11-04-05, 11:04 AM
SHEEP

http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/tn/152683.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/view/v152683/) Urb . . . I've simply got to meet the one center frame with her back to the camera :histeric:

crowan
11-04-05, 11:37 AM
Urb . . . I've simply got to meet the one center frame with her back to the camera :histeric:

I keep telling my parole officer, "Sheep lie!"

VELOSE
11-04-05, 01:14 PM
Say what you want but the specs tell a different story. The rear compartment dimensions on the 300 are actually closer to the Deville than the CTS, sorry. Like it or not the 300 is a substantially larger car than the CTS. I wasn't even going to point out the difference in weight either (over 300 pounds). Just another reason to be impressed by the SRT-8. IMO, anytime you get such a large car to perform at such a level, you gotta be impressed.

Katshot, if you are so impressed, go to their forums and tell them. Let them see you own a caddy and wish you could ride shotgun in their car.

These threads have made some changes to me. Just yesterday as I'm waiting at a light, a 300c owner with chrome 22's kept staring. Either he was amazed to see the V or he figured he could get a wave from me. What he got because these SRT-8 threads have :rant2: was a nice loud rev of the Bassani exhaust. The guy looked at me like, WTF!:sneaky:

Anyhow, I shouldn't blame them 300c owners. They don't know it's a few members praising them on this forum that seem to have given me this recent attitude.:lildevil:

urbanski
11-04-05, 02:51 PM
Urb . . . I've simply got to meet the one center frame with her back to the camera :histeric:
lol
Katshot
11-04-05, 03:04 PM
Katshot, if you are so impressed, go to their forums and tell them. Let them see you own a caddy and wish you could ride shotgun in their car.

These threads have made some changes to me. Just yesterday as I'm waiting at a light, a 300c owner with chrome 22's kept staring. Either he was amazed to see the V or he figured he could get a wave from me. What he got because these SRT-8 threads have :rant2: was a nice loud rev of the Bassani exhaust. The guy looked at me like, WTF!:sneaky:

Anyhow, I shouldn't blame them 300c owners. They don't know it's a few members praising them on this forum that seem to have given me this recent attitude.:lildevil:

It's a shame that some people here feel that since it's a Cadillac forum, you should ONLY talk about Cadillacs here. I always thought that it was a place for people with a common bond (Cadillac) to come and hangout, share ideas, maybe get some technical help on things etc. Guess I was wrong. :hmm:

VELOSE
11-04-05, 03:14 PM
Time for the.....
http://images15.fotki.com/v231/photos/1/197993/1389349/FamilyFile142-vi.jpg

MCaesar
11-04-05, 03:40 PM
Well....honestly all that i can think of is that the V has a manual and the SRT-8 doesnt. And the Charger SRT-8 starts at 38k, the 300C SRT-8 at 42k. The V and SRT-8s are both great cars, the SRT-8s are bigger though. Hell i think its great that we have these kinds of cars comming out of US car makers.

That is the way that I see it. For those who want something closer to a sports car there is the V. If you need a lot more rear seat and trunk room because you have a family but want essentially the same performance get a SRT8.

So far two Charger SRT8s have been to the track stock and they have run 12.8 and 12.9 - very impressive indeed for that price and size.

new2here
11-04-05, 04:15 PM
Joey,
Your avatar would be a nice ride.
is that manual or automatic?

new2here
11-04-05, 04:26 PM
Urb . . . I've simply got to meet the one center frame with her back to the camera
OldRoadDawg, what makes you think that is a "she." Better get out of your V. :histeric:

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-04-05, 04:40 PM
Katshot, Your original impression was right - common bond, share ideas etc. Sheesh man, we were even comparing the SRT8 to the (vastly superior) V. Not a damn thing wrong with that. A little ball-busting may come along with it but nobody is being forced to read these threads. I was enjoying your thoughts.

P.S.
Frank - fine lookin' cow dude.

OldRoadDawg
11-04-05, 05:01 PM
[quote=new2here]OldRoadDawg, what makes you think that is a "she." /quote]

Cuz I recently downloaded that 'scratch & sniff' software. :yup:

urbanski
11-04-05, 05:28 PM
cool cars are cool cars :cool:

and goats > sheep

DeVillish
11-04-05, 05:30 PM
Now I better get out of here as I think I hear E-thug bounding up the stairs....
NNOOOOOOOO!! :hide:

11-04-05, 05:36 PM
Hootie Hoo!

First, a mad shout-out to my main man, Douggie Fresh on the 610 tip.

E-Thug rollin', strollin', but never trollin'.

Mo' SRT-8 drama? No my brothers, no. Say it ain't so. Dis jimmy jam has been done to death. I mean D to the E to the A to the D!

The E was minding my crib, talking to a hot shortie on 1-900-BUNNIES, gettin' my swerve on, and I have to come here and represent?! Don't make me get my "9" and go all gangsta on yo ass.

Now, I got to hat-up and take care o' my biz. Damn Urb got me hooked on cottontail and I'm jonesin' like a muv.

Peace up, "A" town down.

E-Thug

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Best e-thuggery yet. Definitely worth serious bank.....

DeVillish
11-04-05, 06:00 PM
ya know whats funny about this....on the Charger forums i go to also, theres a thread about the V called "so whos scared of the CTS-V?" The funny thing is, no one there bashed the V or flamed me for saying the V is a faster car. The 300/magnum/charger are starting to get a good aftermarket behind them now. Headers, exhaust, intakes, superchargers and even a twin turbo in the works. Both are great cars, both are fast. I see no reason to bash either. Oh and the 300 taxi cab thing, that makes me happy to hear, that should say somthing about the reliablity of the LX cars.

crowan
11-04-05, 06:36 PM
ya know whats funny about this....on the Charger forums i go to also, theres a thread about the V called "so whos scared of the CTS-V?" The funny thing is, no one there bashed the V or flamed me for saying the V is a faster car. The 300/magnum/charger are starting to get a good aftermarket behind them now. Headers, exhaust, intakes, superchargers and even a twin turbo in the works. Both are great cars, both are fast. I see no reason to bash either. Oh and the 300 taxi cab thing, that makes me happy to hear, that should say somthing about the reliablity of the LX cars.

I think you are entering this fray late in the game, so you may have missed the "context" of what is being said.

There is a certain small element whom I will refer to as the Sophisticated Philosophers ("SPs") who continue to pop up on this board with great regularity, gracing us with their sophisticated opinions regarding cars that they do not own and comparing them to the V in a tiresome, annoying, and condescending manner that many people are sick of. Lately, the SPs have been beating the "SRT-8 is faster than the V" issue to death. When the SPs get the response, "Who cares?" they then launch into their oh-so-sophisticated refrain, "Why can't you V guys be more open minded?" I don't mind hearing the impressions of an SRT-8 owner about his/her car. I just don't want to be bombarded by sanctimonious posts from the same arm-chair experts who who have nothing to offer but raw blather.

This has been a recurring theme lately and I can't decide whether the SPs are simply clueless as to how annoying they are, or whether their goal is to be annoying. In the final analysis, it is all the same and the result is that people other than the SPs are catching some flames.

CR

urbanski
11-04-05, 07:08 PM
sanctimonious?
DeVillish
11-04-05, 07:48 PM
i've been keeping up with the thread, and yes i agree with you about the "SP"s as you call them. There are others, who have been on this board a looong time(like kat) who when saying something good about the 300 were told to go to a 300 board to tell them. I know its a cadillac forum but there are other great cars that arnt cadillacs and the 300 is one of them. Iam not trying to get into an arguement so please dont take this as that. Almost 90% of what we've been talking about is opinion anyway. I love the V, but i cant afford a 50k car. I love the Charger R/T and i can afford a 30k car, so iam happy even if my car is slower. Although i wish i coulda got a 6 speed manual....

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-04-05, 08:05 PM
DeVill....gotta hand it to ya - well said. At 20, you're speaking wise and driving a hell of a ride....

crowan
11-04-05, 10:27 PM
DeVillish

At 20, only a lucky few can afford an expensive ride. The good news is that in today's market you can get kick ass performance for alot less than a V. We just happen to own Vs, but what we really love is performance. There is nothing wrong with your choice of cars. Its all a matter of what floats your boat and everyone has different tastes. (Heck, alot of people thing the V's styling is ugly as sin, but I love it.)

Someone will always build a faster car. Get the best ride you can justify and enjoy it.:thumbsup:

CR

DeVillish
11-04-05, 10:30 PM
exactly...nothing more to say now. :highfive:

Dave's V
11-04-05, 11:54 PM
The Mods really should think about having a my car or this car is better than a V forum. That way the people that really love the V don't have to tread through a bunch of garbage to enjoy this site.

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:11 AM
well, not to seem rude but if you dont care/wana hear about the SRT-8 then why even click on this thread?

Dave's V
11-05-05, 12:27 AM
Maybe because it is on the CTS V series forum and I like to see what BS is going around on this board at times. Usually when people talk about other cars on this board, the idiots really come out and they are not V owners. They like to say "I saw _____ car do a ______ at the track."

I like to read about the SRT 8 and the dozen of other cars people like to compare the V to. I think it is great that you are 20 and can afford the Charger SRT 8. I can say what I want about this forum because this is the one 1 frequent the most. The other forum is the other vehicle I own.

This forum seems to get a lot of posts that have very little to do with the V. But since they mention the V somewhere it is ok to post here. Last time I checked this thread's topic "Charger SRT 8 for sticker" has nothing to do with Cadillac or the V.

Enjoy your new car but don't criticize me for not wanting to read about the SRT 8 on this forum, not 5 pages worth. I think I'll go post on MB or BMWs sites about the V. That way they'll just think I'm another crazy V owner. (JK)

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:32 AM
no SRT-8 for me...only R/T. Ok, i see what your saying now. I spend more time on this forum then the LX or charger forums, hell i've been on here since 2003.

PS if i could afford the SRT-8 i woulda got a V lol.

CVP33
11-05-05, 04:12 AM
I enjoy reading through all the BS. Probably because I generate 90% of it! :sneaky: BTW, that Charger sold! Same dealer has a Magnum SRT-8 that also appears to be at sticker. With winter approaching I'm guessing demand for these cars will go down up north.

Katshot
11-05-05, 07:09 AM
I think you are entering this fray late in the game, so you may have missed the "context" of what is being said.

There is a certain small element whom I will refer to as the Sophisticated Philosophers ("SPs") who continue to pop up on this board with great regularity, gracing us with their sophisticated opinions regarding cars that they do not own and comparing them to the V in a tiresome, annoying, and condescending manner that many people are sick of. Lately, the SPs have been beating the "SRT-8 is faster than the V" issue to death. When the SPs get the response, "Who cares?" they then launch into their oh-so-sophisticated refrain, "Why can't you V guys be more open minded?" I don't mind hearing the impressions of an SRT-8 owner about his/her car. I just don't want to be bombarded by sanctimonious posts from the same arm-chair experts who who have nothing to offer but raw blather.

This has been a recurring theme lately and I can't decide whether the SPs are simply clueless as to how annoying they are, or whether their goal is to be annoying. In the final analysis, it is all the same and the result is that people other than the SPs are catching some flames.

CR

Again with the "personal" attacks, and again with your taking issue with someone talking about cars they do not own. For someone who keeps trying say that "it's NOT about what you own", you sure keep mentioning it in your posts. IMO, in the threads that both of us have posted in, you have consistently shown me that the only things you have to offer are condescending personal attacks and childish, off-topic posts. The specific post I reference here in THIS post sounds to me more like you are describing yourself, except of course the part about not owning the car in question. Get off your high horse and stop trying to flame everything I say.

Katshot
11-05-05, 07:14 AM
well, not to seem rude but if you dont care/wana hear about the SRT-8 then why even click on this thread?

Exactly.

Blackout
11-05-05, 10:36 AM
Hey Crowan. How can you say anything about the SRT-8? You don't own one so I don't want to listen to your opinion. I want to only hear from SRT-8 owners! You really need to get out more often and get a life

CVP33
11-05-05, 10:59 AM
That's it! I'm buying a Charger, 300C, Corvette, Viper, Magnum, E55, M3, M5, STS-V, S4, RS6, 911, Cayman and a Solstice. 'Cuz I've got some serious smack to throw down. :lildevil:

crowan
11-05-05, 11:07 AM
Hey Crowan. How can you say anything about the SRT-8? You don't own one so I don't want to listen to your opinion. I want to only hear from SRT-8 owners! You really need to get out more often and get a life

Well, I see the father/son tag team of sophisticates is back to grace us with their clever repartee. When the Supreme Court decided that, "Three generations of imbeciles is enough," they obviously were not aware of how annoying two generations can be.:helpless:

If you want to hear from SRT-8 owners, I suggest that you try their forum.

CR

Blackout
11-05-05, 12:39 PM
Well, I see the father/son tag team of sophisticates is back to grace us with their clever repartee. When the Supreme Court decided that, "Three generations of imbeciles is enough," they obviously were not aware of how annoying two generations can be.:helpless:

If you want to hear from SRT-8 owners, I suggest that you try their forum.

CROh so your talking crap about my family? Way to be mature there:helpless: And I am just going by what you have said since day 1 that I cannot make a comment on a vehicle that I do not own or have ever driven. And since you have done neither for the SRT-8 then please be quite because we don't want to hear from you when you don't even own the car:bigroll: But today I test drove a SRT-8 300C and after driving that it feels every bit as fast as a Z06 since I have driven in one of those before. So does that make me qualified in your eyes to make a comment? Not like I really care either way. And I do hear from SRT-8 owners everyday. I have been a member of the SRTforums since they first opened up

crowan
11-05-05, 12:51 PM
Oh so your talking crap about my family? Way to be mature there:helpless: And I am just going by what you have said since day 1 that I cannot make a comment on a vehicle that I do not own or have ever driven. And since you have done neither for the SRT-8 then please be quite because we don't want to hear from you when you don't even own the car:bigroll: But today I test drove a SRT-8 300C and after driving that it feels every bit as fast as a Z06 since I have driven in one of those before. So does that make me qualified in your eyes to make a comment? Not like I really care either way. And I do hear from SRT-8 owners everyday. I have been a member of the SRTforums since they first opened up

My only suggestion to you is that you should spend less time in car forums and more time at the Learning Annex taking remedial writing, spelling, and grammar classes.

Oh, and if you think that an SRT-8 can hang with a Z06, you may want to get a downs syndrome test as well.

CR

Blackout
11-05-05, 01:07 PM
My only suggestion to you is that you should spend less time in car forums and more time at the Learning Annex taking remedial writing, spelling, and grammar classes.

Oh, and if you think that an SRT-8 can hang with a Z06, you may want to get a downs syndrome test as well.

CRThe only thing your good for at this point is a good laugh because you bring nothing to the table at all. You poke and pry at people trying to make yourself seem more superior to others on here when in actuality your the biggest tool here. All your posts are pointless and offer nothing to the topic at hand. And did I say a SRT-8 could hang with a Z06? No. I said it felt just as quick. And considering my gf's best friends brother has downs syndrome I take great offence to that last comment of yours.

crowan
11-05-05, 01:21 PM
The only thing your good for at this point is a good laugh because you bring nothing to the table at all. You poke and pry at people trying to make yourself seem more superior to others on here when in actuality your the biggest tool here. All your posts are pointless and offer nothing to the topic at hand. And did I say a SRT-8 could hang with a Z06? No. I said it felt just as quick. And considering my gf's best friends brother has downs syndrome I take great offence to that last comment of yours.

Blackout:

Rather than flame you, I will try to be helpful. Consider these edits:

you're not your
superior not more superior
once again, you're not your
Do not start a sentence with "And."
an SRT-8 not a SRT-8
friend's not friends
offense not offence
offense "at" that last comment not "to" that last comment

Can we be friends now?:grouphug:

Blackout
11-05-05, 01:29 PM
Blackout:
Rather than flame you, I will try to be helpful. Consider these edits:
you're not your
superior not more superior
once again, you're not your
Do not start a sentence with "And."
an SRT-8 not a SRT-8
friend's not friends
offense not offence
offense "at" that last comment not "to" that last comment
Can we be friends now?:grouphug:This is a car forum. Not an proper grammar forum. I think you need to leave here and join this forum instead http://www.englishforums.com/

crowan
11-05-05, 02:15 PM
This is a car forum. Not an proper grammar forum. I think you need to leave here and join this forum instead http://www.englishforums.com/

In fact, this is the CTS-V board. Why do you persist in posting here about things like your opinion of a test drive in an SRT-8?

Do you have anything of interest to say that might contain V-related content?

Blackout
11-05-05, 02:17 PM
Do you have anything of interest to say that might contain V-related content?Do you?

urbanski
11-05-05, 02:49 PM
enough is enough.
The next SRT-8 thread goes into the Lounge