: xenonfactory 5000K 9006 install

ZX_man
11-02-05, 05:38 PM
I installed the xenonfactory 5000K HID kit (9006 low beam) this past weekend in my girlfriends 02 EXT. She just purchased the EXT 2 weeks ago, and it had the tell tale sign of hazy headlights. Once the dealer replaced them (under warranty) I installed the HID kit. All I can say is WOW. Huge difference. Almost looks like I have candles in my 02 housings!! LOL. As soon as I知 done with the Eradispeed +2 rotor install on mine, I値l get some side by side pics of our trucks at night so you can see the difference. I would recommend the kit to anyone thinking about buying one. Very easy to install, the hardest part was figuring out where to mount the ballasts. I did have to adjust the headlamps down on the driverside, and slightly right on the passenger side. She likes them so much that she is splitting the cost for a set for my Lade. :)

Regards

Walter

Falkolade
11-02-05, 07:18 PM
I have an 02 and often thought of the upgrade, but I figured i'd just wait for the 07... sweet though seems like an easy a pratical customization

csmooth79
11-02-05, 08:41 PM
I installed the xenonfactory 5000K HID kit (9006 low beam) this past weekend in my girlfriends 02 EXT. She just purchased the EXT 2 weeks ago, and it had the tell tale sign of hazy headlights. Once the dealer replaced them (under warranty) I installed the HID kit. All I can say is WOW. Huge difference. Almost looks like I have candles in my 02 housings!! LOL. As soon as I知 done with the Eradispeed +2 rotor install on mine, I値l get some side by side pics of our trucks at night so you can see the difference. I would recommend the kit to anyone thinking about buying one. Very easy to install, the hardest part was figuring out where to mount the ballasts. I did have to adjust the headlamps down on the driverside, and slightly right on the passenger side. She likes them so much that she is splitting the cost for a set for my Lade. :)

Regards

Walter

Pics ... oh and how did you talk the dealer into the new headlights?

ZX_man
11-03-05, 10:50 AM
As long as the truck is still under the 50K factory warranty, you should not have any problems. Just to make sure I printed out some threads from this forum about the 塗azy headlight issue. When I talked to the service advisor I basically told him it was a safety issue with the decrease in light output (not to mention they looked like shit). I didn稚 have much resistance at the dealer I went too. I have read of others trying to get it done around the US and dealers acting like a bunch of asses. Guess it just depends on the dealer. I had it done to my Lade when I bought it 2 years ago, and also to my girlfriends EXT this past weekend.

I値l post up some pictures this weekend of the difference.

Regards,

Walter