: I just bought this...What do you all think??

addison_ii
11-02-05, 05:02 PM
Well fellow friends, I've done it again. I'm the new owner of 1993 Buick Roadmaster. I bought the car off eBay for $455.00 :eek: . Take a look at it here :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4585296553&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1. Well let me know what you think. Any tips or suggestions will be welcomed. Maybe I'll catch Leloz or McCombie 5 soon. :yup: BTW the TownCar will be donated to charity so I'll be back down to 3 vehicles by December.

mccombie_5
11-02-05, 05:06 PM
Nice buy Addison!

My my, i will have to buy more cars!

That convertible top isnt that great, but otherwise its a nice lookin auto, and for that price, why not!

If you can fix it up, i dont see why it is a problem :)

Good luck.

Adam
11-02-05, 05:16 PM
id say you paid 454 dollars to much! ok, its alright, obviously needs a little work, send it down here... we'll get it juiced for ya in a couple weeks!(at your expense of course):p

what are your plans for it? not keeping it stock are you? JUICE IT!!! its rare that i see a juiced Roadmaster.

addison_ii
11-02-05, 05:26 PM
Thanks, I was a little hesistant to buy it but I want it to make it a lowrider. It's not a Fleetwood but close. LowLow, I may take you up on your offer. :D Or if not I'll be asking a lot of questions so I can have it done here.

urbanski
11-02-05, 05:28 PM
so just what is "juiced"?

addison_ii
11-02-05, 05:29 PM
juiced: a vehicle outfitted with hydraulics, able to dance and wow the car crowd, hoppin, more bounce to the ounce.

urbanski
11-02-05, 05:38 PM
cool....makes me think Nitrous, but not on a low low :D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-02-05, 05:39 PM
I had a '95 Roadmaster Limited. Dark Cherry Metallic/ Burgundy leather. 350LT1, 138k miles, Trailer Towing Package (2.93 rear end, posi traction) That was a fun car...I sort of miss it. Is yours the Limited model or is it the base Roadmaster? What do you have for options? I think your mock half convertible top is cool, I had the all metal roof.

addison_ii
11-02-05, 05:44 PM
It's the base model I think. It's still in Grand Rapids, MI. My mom is going to pick it up for me. I would have liked the full metal roof but for $455 who cares. It would be nice if this was the Towing Package Optioned one. It just may take the Family Cruiser title when it's fully repaired.

addison_ii
11-02-05, 05:46 PM
cool....makes me think Nitrous, but not on a low low :DThat would be scary as hell. Imagine a doing a 3wheel at 130mph. :alchi:

Adam
11-02-05, 06:55 PM
That would be scary as hell. Imagine a doing a 3wheel at 130mph. :alchi:

close, ive done one at 80! dont do that, police dont like it. well i didnt get a ticket for it.

URBY :hitstick: NO! thats a bad boy! no pu$$y juice!... i mean nitrous. juice is a name designated for hydraulics... damned honda boys stole the name i bet.

so youre gonna lowride it huh? do you have a shop or is this gonna be a solo diy project? i dont have any shops around here so all the hydraulic work i have done has been me and my friends (who are experienced in hydraulics). got a question just ask me. you got a long way to go, what with wiring your switch box (unless you order a pre wired one) and then supporting the stress points on the frame (id go full frame wrap though, take the body off the frame and all that). you could get the frame painted too! or powder coated would be better. running the hoses (well thats pretty easy actually) supporting the back end, C NOTCH it. hope im not scaring you away from it. its all worth it in the end. will take you a good 2-3 weeks to finish it. just ask me or 509Rider or fltwd93 if you run into a problem. wires will be easy to put on though! going with 14s? if it has the digital dash then that is what you'll need to go with. also springs, im thinking 3 tons in the front and maybe 4 tons in the back? what size cylinders you going with? i would go 8 inches front and 12" rear. but thats just me.

Ralph
11-02-05, 09:47 PM
Nice. lowlow will definately steer you in the right direction if you're going to make it a lowrider.......pics of progress would be cool....

DopeStar 156
11-02-05, 10:37 PM
Go for it. It'd be a hell of a rags to riches story.

Night Wolf
11-03-05, 02:01 AM
if it was me, I would personally leave the body damage... just fix what I would need to be legal (lights/turn signals?)

leave the wheels and stuff

but beef up the 350... gosh, nobody would be expecting that thing to be fast :)

seems like a nice deal... its one of those things where you have to have the place to store it, and the time and money to fix it.... in my case, I do not have anywhere to store it (apartment) but if I did, I would love a deal like that :)

lots of luck... a low rider would be cool.... I've been having thoughts of bagging (not hydros!) the '79 after the engine swap.... I never used to like them, but now (after seeing a hell of a lowrider in person) I am liking it...

davesdeville
11-03-05, 03:01 AM
Juice = hydros
Spray = nitrous

Nice purchase for $454. I'd put the work into it to get it back to good condition, new hood and quarter panel, alignment, peel the top off and paint it. Could be done well for less than a grand... as long as the interior's in decent shape.

id say you paid 454 dollars to much! ok, its alright, obviously needs a little work, send it down here... we'll get it juiced for ya in a couple weeks!(at your expense of course):p

what are your plans for it? not keeping it stock are you? JUICE IT!!! its rare that i see a juiced Roadmaster.

I swear this guy would "juice" a damn motorcycle if he could. Well then again I'd probably spray a bike if I had one (well I do have one but it's not quite a performance bike.) I'm going to eventually bag the 75, not for looks but it should really help weight transfer when I launch it.

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 03:46 AM
I swear this guy would "juice" a damn motorcycle if he could.

Without a doubt!

MC: "I bought an Eldorado for my son"

Adam: "JUICE!"

Id like to see Dopestars car get Juiced :sneaky:

I'll send the boys round Adam. He'll hand it over then :p

RobertCTS
11-03-05, 08:01 AM
In your haste and frenzie of ebay bidding did you notice the front fenders didn't match?:D

Adam
11-03-05, 04:17 PM
sorry, Rick but not everyone is into fast cars. before you get mad, i know, not everyone is into lowriders either. but Addy has been wanting a lowrider (well lowrider Fleetwood, this is the next best thing). id fix everything on it.

Also Addy, dont get the front end aligned until after you get the hydraulics put in. when you lower a car you have to get the front end aligned so i am just trying to save you money. also you will need to go to a junk yard and get some 80 something Caprice Classic A arms (get top and bottom). they are factory one inch longer so you wont have negative camber.

DAVE- guilty as charged brother! oh and i have seen juiced motorcycles :cool2: , there very cool.

if it was me, I would personally leave the body damage... just fix what I would need to be legal (lights/turn signals?)

leave the wheels and stuff

but beef up the 350... gosh, nobody would be expecting that thing to be fast :)

seems like a nice deal... its one of those things where you have to have the place to store it, and the time and money to fix it.... in my case, I do not have anywhere to store it (apartment) but if I did, I would love a deal like that :)

lots of luck... a low rider would be cool.... I've been having thoughts of bagging (not hydros!) the '79 after the engine swap.... I never used to like them, but now (after seeing a hell of a lowrider in person) I am liking it...

Adam
11-03-05, 04:18 PM
Without a doubt!

MC: "I bought an Eldorado for my son"

Adam: "JUICE!"

Id like to see Dopestars car get Juiced :sneaky:

I'll send the boys round Adam. He'll hand it over then :p

Uncle Craig, send out the boys! well juice that thing one way or another.

Adam
11-03-05, 04:19 PM
I swear this guy would "juice" a damn motorcycle if he could. Well then again I'd probably spray a bike if I had one (well I do have one but it's not quite a performance bike.) I'm going to eventually bag the 75, not for looks but it should really help weight transfer when I launch it.

would give it that lowrod look too, good choice. keeping the stock wheels on right? that is what i would do if i were into lowrods. good luck!

Adam
11-03-05, 04:20 PM
Addison, did i scare you away?

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 04:23 PM
Uncle Craig, send out the boys! well juice that thing one way or another.

Heh heh

Ill get on the phone to some of the lads i went to school with

three of the seven of us that used to hang around together are doormen, one is in prison for man slaughter, one is sadly not with us anymore, one is un graphic design, and the other is me :D

Adam
11-03-05, 04:28 PM
Heh heh

Ill get on the phone to some of the lads i went to school with

excellent mwuahahahaha *rubs hands together*. *Dope runs and grabs gun and stands by car*.

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 04:30 PM
excellent mwuahahahaha *rubs hands together*. *Dope runs and grabs gun and stands by car*.

Oh we arent scared of guns.... not like the plastic one dope has on him :sneaky:

addison_ii
11-03-05, 04:45 PM
LowLow, I'm still here. Just wandering how to offset that negative camber. I don't like buying tires more than I have to.
RobertCTS, yes I noticed the fenders didn't match. but that'll change soon.:D

I'm just wandering how hard would it be for me to remove and replace the fender and hood myself??

powerglide
11-03-05, 04:50 PM
I love roadmasters!

(I love that name too).

Not sure if thats a great deal but I guess its about fair.

I'd like to see what you end up doing to it!

Adam
11-03-05, 04:50 PM
just do like i said, get some 85 Caprice a arms and that will take care of that. they bolt right in. you painting it? what color? replacing all of that shouldnt be too hard. just unscrew a few bolts. :D

LowLow, I'm still here. Just wandering how to offset that negative camber. I don't like buying tires more than I have to.
RobertCTS, yes I noticed the fenders didn't match. but that'll change soon.:D

I'm just wandering how hard would it be for me to remove and replace the fender and hood myself??

Adam
11-03-05, 04:51 PM
Oh we arent scared of guns.... not like the plastic one dope has on him :sneaky:

:D LOL!

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 04:54 PM
:D LOL!

Well as i have said, we didnt need weapons.....

Just a good ole pair of doc martin boots

Heh its all that watching of Goodfellas.....

Its getting em excited

i wanna rough some people up!

addison_ii
11-03-05, 04:59 PM
It would have to be blue since it has the 1/4 top on it. But a darker blue. With some flakes it would be sweet if I could make a pearl blue. But I've wanted a bigBody for so long and the 89 T/C was just dissapointing so it's getting donated to charity so I can get the write-off. While the Roadmaster isn't a Fleetwood like I wanted it's close so I'll be satisfied(I hope):D Hopefully getting the fender and hood replaced won't cut into my pocket that much.

addison_ii
11-03-05, 05:00 PM
I love roadmasters!

(I love that name too).

Not sure if thats a great deal but I guess its about fair.

I'd like to see what you end up doing to it!Thanks Powerglide. I'll make sure to post progress pics.

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 05:01 PM
Well Addison....

If the roof add on isnt padded, and youre getting a respary anyway, why not rip it off?

If youre having the car resprayed you can get a nice surface, it isnt paded is it? please say it isnt padded

addison_ii
11-03-05, 05:07 PM
Well Addison....

If the roof add on isnt padded, and youre getting a respary anyway, why not rip it off?

If youre having the car resprayed you can get a nice surface, it isnt paded is it? please say it isnt paddedNot really sure. I haven't even seen the car yet except on eBay. But if it can come off then off it will be. The only car I had with a top on it was my 78 Monte Carlo, the 89 Lincoln, and my 93 Deville(but the Phaeton top was so beautiful I didn't care) and I usually don't care to much for them unless they're full tops and look right.

Adam
11-03-05, 05:08 PM
It would have to be blue since it has the 1/4 top on it. But a darker blue. With some flakes it would be sweet if I could make a pearl blue. But I've wanted a bigBody for so long and the 89 T/C was just dissapointing so it's getting donated to charity so I can get the write-off. While the Roadmaster isn't a Fleetwood like I wanted it's close so I'll be satisfied(I hope):D Hopefully getting the fender and hood replaced won't cut into my pocket that much.

DUDE!!! i just thought of the perfect thing, Fleetwood front end conversion! its perfect, you have to replace that one side so why not go all out? except leave the Buick emblems on it. see how we lowriders think?

you can take that top off man. if there is rust under it you can get that grinded out or something, whatever they do. i like the 1/4 top on it, id leave it, but that is just me.

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 05:12 PM
Fleetwood front end?

Interesting

The bastard son of a Fleetwood and a Roadmaster

A Fleetmaster

If that tacky top can come of remove remove remove!

(I really dont like convertible tops)

powerglide
11-03-05, 05:42 PM
...or the RoadWood!

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 05:46 PM
...or the RoadWood!

Yes......

Addison choose the name....

90Brougham350
11-03-05, 07:55 PM
Hahaha, the fender shouldn't be too hard to do. Take probably a solid day to do everything properly from what I can see in the picture. That's a great buy buddy! I'll have to see her at the next MN meet! :thumbsup:

Adam
11-03-05, 07:55 PM
Fleetwood front end?

the front end of a Fleetwood can interchange with the front end of a Roadmaster, im betting fairly easy too. with little or no fabrication.

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 08:01 PM
the front end of a Fleetwood can interchange with the front end of a Roadmaster, im betting fairly easy too. with little or no fabrication.

Yeah i jsut hadnt thought about it, i knew it probably could be done because its the same car minus bits and pieces.

Adam
11-03-05, 08:04 PM
Yeah i jsut hadnt thought about it, i knew it probably could be done because its the same car minus bits and pieces.

techinically the same, the Fleetwood is a D body (i think) and the Roadmaster is a C body maybe? i cant remember, someone correct me if i am wrong. but the front end would be fairly easy to swap out. (see how us lowriders think?)

mccombie_5
11-03-05, 08:07 PM
(see how us lowriders think?)

Outside the box there!

Well, they both are about the same size, they both have the LT1 (along with the Caprice) and it pretty much goes that far for me, C body and D body i dont get....

Adam
11-03-05, 08:17 PM
the Fleetwoods are longer than the Roadmasters, different chassis. the C body is a smaller chassis than the D body. i think, and im not 100%, d bodies were also used on station wagons, like the Caprice wagon and the Roadmaster Limited (i think thats the name of the wagon). the Caprice and Roadmaster i think came with a different engine option although im not sure of the name 9C1 maybe?

Outside the box there!

Well, they both are about the same size, they both have the LT1 (along with the Caprice) and it pretty much goes that far for me, C body and D body i dont get....

Jesda
11-03-05, 10:18 PM
You paid a fair price. With 2 grand of rehab I think it could be a pretty sweet cruiser.

terrible one
11-03-05, 11:14 PM
I like it.

DeVillish
11-04-05, 12:50 AM
you people and your more then one car, if i was rich and had a nice garage i'd show you all! *shakes fist*

Night Wolf
11-04-05, 01:20 AM
you people and your more then one car, if i was rich and had a nice garage i'd show you all! *shakes fist*

I'm not rich and I don't have a garage :)

just gotta find the deals... ya know... like '79 DeVille's for $300 :)

DeVillish
11-04-05, 01:30 AM
haha...yeah let me find a cheap 69 Super Bee or 73 Road runner when i get home...i wonder if they would say anthing about me having two cars parked outside the barracks, or three

davesdeville
11-04-05, 05:31 AM

Hoods are easy, just make sure you've got a friend or maybe 2 to help hold it up while you remove it and watch the springs... Fender's a bit harder but still can be done in like an hour or two.

the Fleetwoods are longer than the Roadmasters, different chassis. the C body is a smaller chassis than the D body. i think, and im not 100%, d bodies were also used on station wagons, like the Caprice wagon and the Roadmaster Limited (i think thats the name of the wagon). the Caprice and Roadmaster i think came with a different engine option although im not sure of the name 9C1 maybe?

The Impala and Caprice are B bodies. I'm fairly sure the Roadmaster is as well. Anyway in 94-96 all of these cars had the LT1 or 4.3L (L99 I think) engine, earlier versions had 305s with optional 350s. 9C1 was the police package, which had the highest performance engine for that year along with HD brakes/suspension parts. Since the police have no use for speed limiters they weren't limited either.

Adam
11-04-05, 05:11 PM
thanks Dave, i kept thinking, c body doesnt sound right. 'preciate it.

The Impala and Caprice are B bodies. I'm fairly sure the Roadmaster is as well. Anyway in 94-96 all of these cars had the LT1 or 4.3L (L99 I think) engine, earlier versions had 305s with optional 350s. 9C1 was the police package, which had the highest performance engine for that year along with HD brakes/suspension parts. Since the police have no use for speed limiters they weren't limited either.

addison_ii
11-06-05, 01:32 AM
Devillish, I'm not rich, I'm just a car lover:D But like Rick said, you gotta find the deals. I wish I was getting a 2006 Charger R/T. You rich military guys with your fast cars. :sneaky: :D

DeVillish
11-06-05, 02:27 AM
yeah...and my 1200 a month payments....

Well for now, next year when i get the damn car i'll only be paying 300 a month. I just wana pay off as much as i can now. Hell the only real reason why i can afford that much now is becuase iam in japan and have like 30 bucks a month in bills other then the car lol.

91TexasSeville
11-06-05, 06:34 AM
She's a beast alright!
Have you picked up the car yet? Gotta wonder if she will limp on to the trailer under her own power or not.
A little TLC can make a huge difference. Now that we have the before pictures, am curious to see it again in another six months.

davesdeville
11-06-05, 06:45 AM
yeah...and my 1200 a month payments....

Wait a minute, what are you paying 1200 a month on? Hell a lease on an XLR is only 899/mo.

RobertCTS
11-06-05, 07:41 AM
Deviullish,
You were making payments on a 2006 CTS. Was all of that money transferred over to the Charger? Yep, a soldier is pretty much taken care of. A roof over his head, Food, clothing allowance and discounted items at the military store.

Leloz
11-06-05, 07:58 AM
Congrats on the deal. Does the L05 run? You could always do a L31 or LT1 swap relatively cheap if it needs it. You are catching up! I always have an earful from the wife when I come home with another car... other than that it is a wonderful addiction I can't shake ;)

mccombie_5
11-06-05, 08:00 AM
Congrats on the deal. Does the L05 run? You could always do a L31 or LT1 swap relatively cheap if it needs it. You are catching up! I always have an earful from the wife when I come home with another car... other than that it is a wonderful addiction I can't shake ;)

You and me both Leloz! I get "we have enough metal in the driveway, you paid a fortune for the damn thing, and you cant even see the bricks"

DeVillish
11-06-05, 07:46 PM
Deviullish,
You were making payments on a 2006 CTS. Was all of that money transferred over to the Charger? Yep, a soldier is pretty much taken care of. A roof over his head, Food, clothing allowance and discounted items at the military store.
Yup, they took the 5 grand that i had into the CTS and put it into the Charger.

Dave, iam only paying that much while iam in Japan, i could have paid less now but i would have at to finace more later. Basicly iam paying off half the 30k in one year, plus saving up for tax tag and insurance and stuff so it adds up to about 1000 to 1200 a month. After i get the car in september i'll have to pay off the loan for the rest and i'll be paying 320 a month. In april the 07s can be ordered and i can change to an 07 if something good comes out as an option then...hehe....

addison_ii
11-14-05, 08:52 PM
Well it looks as if I won't be able to get the Roadmaster. They owner called me and said the motor is not getting any gas to it. They are sending me my money back. I would still buy it but it's in MI and I don't have the resources to take a look at it myself. So no Roadmaster for me. :crying:

Adam
11-14-05, 10:09 PM
Well it looks as if I won't be able to get the Roadmaster. They owner called me and said the motor is not getting any gas to it. They are sending me my money back. I would still buy it but it's in MI and I don't have the resources to take a look at it myself. So no Roadmaster for me. :crying:

ah, that sucks dude... well look at it this way, God just opened a door possibly for a Fleetwood (well i dont know what He's thinking so it might also be an opened door for a cavalier :duck:).

mccombie_5
11-15-05, 04:05 AM
Oh thats harsh :nono:

Now I don't have a Buick buddy

I~LUV~Caddys8792
11-15-05, 10:52 AM
I had a Buick, we can be Buick Buddies :)