: Header Studs & Gaskets...

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 10:21 PM
I orded some Stainless Works headers and I'm not sure if I need new studs & gaskets or not so I thought I would ask the board of experts...

Do I need to order stainless steel exhaust header studs and gaskets?

If so can you please tell me what kind to order?

Thanks! :worship:

StealthV
11-01-05, 10:31 PM
Studs aren't necessary but do make for an easier installation. ARP part number 434-1301 (picture is in Step 39 http://www.stealthv.com/headers.htm )

For the gaskets, Percy's are very nice - part number 66032. (picture is in step 43)

heavymetals
11-01-05, 10:40 PM
If you are going through the effort, do it right.

I agree with Stealth.

ARP hardware & PERCYS gaskets.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 11:14 PM
Sorry to ask stupid questions but...

1. How does it make it easier to install?
2. I thought the SW headers comes with gaskets...if they do should I still order the PERCYS?

Thanks Guys!!!

StealthV
11-01-05, 11:30 PM
Header installation is easier with studs since one can hang the headers on the studs (with the gasket already in place) from underneath the car and then go up top and put the 12-point nuts on. If one reuses the factory bolts, it is a little more tricky to get the gasket and header bolt hole lined up.

I've got roughly 8,000 miles with headers and I've never retorqued the Percy's gaskets since the day of installation and there are no leaks. It all depends on the quality of gasket that SW is sending with the headers...that is the unknown quantity. No leaks are worth the price of Percy's. :)

DILLIGAF
11-01-05, 11:53 PM
J,I'm patiently waiting for your headers to get to you before I order mine.I will do the studs and gaskets too.Any feedback on the 02 sensors yet,(highjack on)R

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 11:57 PM
They arrived at JET HOT. They are being coated now. I should have them next week! He said the o2 sensors will be mounted in the same place and the stock harness will work. I'll let you know for sure about the o2 sensors when I get it done.