: just got uuc

sharky1
11-01-05, 07:49 PM
just got it..it looks so similar to the stock, can someone tell me how it achieves a shorter throw?

SilverBullet
11-01-05, 07:51 PM
elves?

trekster
11-01-05, 08:10 PM
don't ask any questions and put that short shifter on!

lasstss
11-01-05, 08:46 PM
don't ask any questions and put that short shifter on!

The distance from the centerline of the ball to the bearings on the stalk is longer. Shorter throw due to longer translation. The longer the shifter is frmm the ball down, the shorter the throw. THe stick is the same height above the ball so that no leverage is lost.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 08:49 PM
The distance from the centerline of the ball to the bearings on the stalk is longer. Shorter throw due to longer translation. The longer the shifter is frmm the ball down, the shorter the throw. THe stick is the same height above the ball so that no leverage is lost.

:yeah:

sharky1
11-01-05, 09:08 PM
thnx lastss...now tell me about the bushings you are involved with...these go on the shift rods? and how do they differ from stock, and what is the effect on the shift?

rand49er
11-01-05, 10:08 PM
...no leverage is lost.Maybe not above the fulcrum, but don't you lose leverage below? Hence, shifting effort is increased proportionately.

lasstss
11-01-05, 10:49 PM
Maybe not above the fulcrum, but don't you lose leverage below? Hence, shifting effort is increased proportionately.

There is not a big difference in length but there is in translation. It takes only a touch more effort. Having ball bearings at the connection makes a big difference.

lasstss
11-01-05, 10:52 PM
thnx lastss...now tell me about the bushings you are involved with...these go on the shift rods? and how do they differ from stock, and what is the effect on the shift?

The bushings replace those on the bracket that bolts to the floor (2). The oem is a bushing that rides out of the bracket and tears in time. They also have noise isolation voids molded in that crush out in time. The replacements are 70 durometer urethane. They wont crush, push out or tear.
They simply get rid of more slop in the whole attachment.