: Ok guys; When will the 06 rear be available?

steve711
11-01-05, 01:36 PM
Ive been waiting for chesrown to get it in (under warrenty) and its been since Sep.Do any of you guys know when the 06 rear will be available for warrenty installation?? instead of out of pocket orders only??.:yawn:

lawfive
11-01-05, 02:38 PM
And (search has not been my friend): can anybody re-post what the improvements are?

steve711
11-01-05, 02:45 PM
Call me a toad licker but the search is not a working for me

DansCTSV
11-01-05, 06:17 PM
My dealership ordered one last week. It is still not in. The service manager said he would call tomorrow if it doesn't come in.

steve711
11-01-05, 08:30 PM
My dealership ordered one last week. It is still not in. The service manager said he would call tomorrow if it doesn't come in.
Is that a warrenty 06 rear or are you "out of pocket" for it?.

DansCTSV
11-01-05, 08:41 PM
Warranty. They told me they ordered the 06 rear, I gave them the part number. They said they won't know for sure until it comes in.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 08:47 PM
My warranty diff is on the way....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56016

steve711
11-01-05, 08:55 PM
My warranty diff is on the way....
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56016
well from the looks of things nobody has one yet under warrenty.
And the ones that do have one "on order" are still waiting.
Very eager to see you get yours in Joey'sVee so we could finnaly see one of our owne get one under warrenty.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 09:01 PM
I talked to the service manager today and he said it would take 7-10 busines days...so I should have it in a week!

CTSV05
11-01-05, 11:09 PM
Hmmm, I guess they are holding true to using up the '05 diff for warranty repairs.

DansCTSV
11-04-05, 02:05 PM
I just got the bad news from my dealership. They are putting in an '05 differential. They said that the warranty claim would be denied if they put in the '06 part number. :banghead:

I will get my car back on Monday. They are also putting in a new clutch under warranty.

Hopefully we can find an aftermarked rear over the winter so I don't have to go through this again next summer...

Luna.
11-04-05, 02:34 PM
I just got the bad news from my dealership. They are putting in an '05 differential. They said that the warranty claim would be denied if they put in the '06 part number. :banghead:

The warranty claim would be denied? What? Please try and explain the dealer logic on that one...:banghead:

I thought they had previously told you that they ordered the '06 differential...

mandoer
11-04-05, 02:39 PM
I may be missing something big - when exactly and how does the rear diff go out? Do you guys race your V on the track/streets and/or is it as a result of acceleration with wheel hop? Or ___??
Just wondering whether this is something that is expected to go out with 'normal' driving and I should prep for it before my warranty expires.

DansCTSV
11-04-05, 02:47 PM
They did tell me they ordered the new one. But they got the old one. Not sure how that worked out. Either they lied, or someone verified the part numbers and said that the new part number was wrong and changed it. The Service Advisor said he called their regional rep and he said the new part number is only available for '06 cars.

mandoer - the rear in the V is weak. The '06 is a little better but has the same internals so my bet is it's not that great of a fix. Do some searching and you will find lots of thread on this. They fail in many ways. Wheel hop will likely take one out sooner, but they all seem to whine eventually and then any hard launches or hard shifts, at the track or not, will break them. Some have that the cases break, others blow the internals, others break the half shafts. Just thank GM for screwing us over...

steve711
11-04-05, 05:25 PM
They did tell me they ordered the new one. But they got the old one. Not sure how that worked out. Either they lied, or someone verified the part numbers and said that the new part number was wrong and changed it. The Service Advisor said he called their regional rep and he said the new part number is only available for '06 cars.

That sounds a little fishy Dan
I was told that 05 rears are not available any longer and that the only rears are the 06, Hence the wait.

This is not good Dan, As i am awaiting big warrenty (replacing Clutch, Flywheel, Tranny, and the Diff) and the only thing that's not in is this Damn 06 rear.

Cmon Caddy Gm give us the 06 fix

cts-v ls6
11-04-05, 06:48 PM
I ordered mine earlier this week from Fred Bean Chevy/Caddy. Supposed to ship next week.

ahahnu
11-04-05, 10:20 PM
I had to go to the dealer for something else and wanted to let them know that I am whining in a different tone. I had brought it in for this under the impression that I was getting a new rear. They asked to let the service forman take a ride with me. Barely out of the lot in second he hears it as we get to forth he says "Wow thats really loud."
Then he goes on to tell me that the last time under direction of the asm he had to take it apart and look at it, mine was "fine, nothing wrong" therefore replace the halfshafts and bearings. So I said to the guy, I want the '06. I'll wait and let it whine untill it is available. He told me he was going to make all the calls and let me know.
I've learned which guy at the service desk actually has a few marbles rolling around up there and knows whats going on. Who ever said the guys in the service department are used to dealing with grandma with new wipers rotaiting tires and oil changes is right. Anyway the guy calls me the next day telling me its on order. I questioned whether it was the '05 or '06? He said he would find out for sure then call me back. When he did he said it is an upgraded '05. The '06 doesn't fit on our car.

If I wasn't scared before I am now. I am a firm believer in if you don't do it yourself it doesn't get done right. I'm no mechanic, don't have a lift or tools. I took a few years in highschool auto. Boy I wish I could do it. I hate all this lying and backdoor turn around circle Caddy is putting us through. I'm in retail, and deal with the public basically the same market Cadillac goes after. I don't lie when I have a service problem. I take the time to understand what my customer wants and make sure they get it and see it through to the end. I could go on, I'll stop. Thanks for listening.

All hands in the middle: Now all say at once "Whoa Bundy"

c4racer
11-05-05, 03:09 AM
All I can say is how glad I am that I leased my V:bouncy:

I have 3 years to see how this plays out, and if the wrong way I can turn the car in no questions asked - done, and move on to something else. I was thinking I might keep this one, but we'll see. I first heard the whine at 750 or so miles, swapped the fluid at 1K miles and now can hear it again at 1700. So I am sure it is only a matter of time. And for the most part I drive the car pretty easy too. Not too worried tho with a 50K warrantee and a 36K mile lease - I've covered the whole time, and I should have a real good idea if the car will be worth keeping by then.

cts-v ls6
11-05-05, 02:30 PM
He's mistaken. The '06 rear fits our cars [2004-05]. Several guys have already installed, my supplier confirmed '06 fits. They may be messing with you since Cadillac won't use '06 rear for warranty replacements on 2004-05 models.

heavymetals
11-05-05, 03:29 PM
As anyone on this board can tell, it was the SQUEAKY WHEEL who got the 06 rear end and it wasn't free.

I have checked with my dealer/service and they have told me don't expect anything that looks like an 06 rear end till march.

They also weren't real optomistic about the nav system upgrades either.

Great car/ great service/ SUPPORT? Don't even ask............:stirpot: