: PLATIUM emblem

mja
11-01-05, 01:33 PM
I have a 03 ESV with some mods, Wheels,grill ,exhaust. I was thinking about installing a PLATINUM emblem on the back even when its not a true PLATINUM. I plan on adding allot more stuff in the furture screens, stero etc.
What do you think. I like the look of the emblem

mikeee
11-01-05, 02:15 PM
They look different? Or you talking about adding the PLATINUM lettering? If so, I wouldnt do it, kinda silly to me butif it makes you happy, go for it!

Falkolade
11-01-05, 03:28 PM
since you changed all the stuff go ahead and add the emblem... I true escalade consumer, would know right away, by the leater on the inside of the door, and by the lack of cooled seats... since you changed the outside, your aiight in that department.

When questioned by a Escalade lover, on if your rides a platinum you could end up looking like a moron... but what ever gets you off is cool

slimm44
11-01-05, 03:34 PM
rice.

CadillacGrillz
11-01-05, 04:25 PM
whats the diffrence of the emblems srry if its a stupid ? just havent looked at one up close

mja
11-01-05, 05:38 PM
I am talking about the emblem on the rear hatch left hand side that say PLATINUM its the same lettering as ESCALADE ESV

Sinisterj
11-01-05, 11:24 PM
Screw the Platinum emblem... Throw a DUB Emblem On!!!! :2thumbs:
|
|
|
|
\ /

Falkolade
11-02-05, 12:10 AM
ya... the dub makes a lot more sense than platinum i never thought of that... good call... stick the dub on yo ride...

Synergetic
11-02-05, 05:05 AM
Bad call on the DUB badges. Stick with your platinum idea. I'm sure you can order some through your local dealer and pay about the same cost as a set of DUB badges.

Falkolade
11-02-05, 08:21 PM
Bad call on the DUB badges. Stick with your platinum idea. I'm sure you can order some through your local dealer and pay about the same cost as a set of DUB badges.

your ride is nicely tricked out... I am j/w why don't you like the DUB emblems... Too much of a "urban/street" look? ? ?

csmooth79
11-02-05, 09:47 PM
One more vote for the DUB badge ... Wouldn't think of putting platinum on it ... Dont we burn people for putting Escalade parts and badges on a Tahoe/Yukon. Wouldnt this be like the same thing.

P.S. If you like it do it, if you dont like it dont do it.

mja
11-03-05, 12:40 PM
I like the look of the DUB, Dont know what I am going todo yet just wanted to get some feedback

RaGzEmCeE
11-03-05, 07:53 PM
ive seen a few escalades like that ..... but whats weird is i see even more mercedes and bmws with it ... reason being i think Platinum Motorsports in Los Angeles brands their car with that ... personally i was thinking about doing it too .. its a good idea and its nothing like putting escalade badges on a tahoe or yukon ... and some people on here are probably gonna be like its ghetto or cheap ... but the thing is when your already paying 55 G's + for a car theres not much that can make it ghetto or look cheap ... if i was you id do it

mja
11-08-05, 11:11 AM
I looked at a 06 Platium emblem on sunday at the 06 seattle car show and the emblem was alot smaller than the the 05's. I didnt like it cause it did not match, looked cheap.

slimm44
11-08-05, 11:56 AM
but the thing is when your already paying 55 G's + for a car theres not much that can make it ghetto or look cheap ... if i was you id do it

theres plenty things to make it look cheap. i've seen alot of cheap looking escalades. putting Platinum badges on a non-Platinum Escalade is like me putting Z71 stickers on my non-Z71 Silverado.

fast66
11-08-05, 11:57 AM
your ride is nicely tricked out... I am j/w why don't you like the DUB emblems... Too much of a "urban/street" look? ? ?

Isnt dub a magazine, why would you put a magazine on your truck?? isnt that like putting a motor trend sticker on your truck?

CadillacGrillz
11-08-05, 05:23 PM
can some one post a pic of the platnium badge ?? i havent seen it

jrs05caddyext
11-08-05, 06:04 PM
can some one post a pic of the platnium badge ?? i havent seen it

Here are some pictures I found on EBAY.

Falkolade
11-08-05, 06:17 PM
Isnt dub a magazine, why would you put a magazine on your truck?? isnt that like putting a motor trend sticker on your truck?

HAHA... True you are correct... If you keep up with the "urban life" or tricked out rides. You will see DUB is not only a magazine but it's a brand... Its own line of wheels in conjunction with american racing (TIS Rims)... All kinds of other stuff too... So its not just a brand but rather a lifestyle...

gort
11-08-05, 10:44 PM
rice.

I second that.

mja
12-28-05, 05:01 PM
I went with the DUB emblem, Looks good. After looking at the platium emblem in persom its way to small and doent match very well. The DUN one is almost the same size letters and chrome

Synergetic
12-28-05, 05:11 PM
I have DUB badges on my truck which were put on at the 2004 DUB show just to suck up to the judges. The Escalade ended up taking two trophies that weekend, for BEST PAINT and BEST SUV. I just haven't removed them since that show.

The attached picture is straight from the DUB website.