: CTS-V registry Update

ctsvett
11-01-05, 01:22 AM
Guys,
In my never finsihed attempt to improve cadillacfaq.com and help the community by providing service I think everyone wants, I have again improved a feature on cadillacfaq.com...
I have mad a minor cosmetic update to the CTS-V registry and a MAJOR backend update (including a database, etc).... This process required me to transpose the old data to the new format. In addition I added new fields.
What this means:

1. If you have not yet signed up in the registry, please take the time to do so now: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/reg/

2. If you were already set up in the old system, please go to Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/reg/update.html and put in your NEW registry number and the e-mail that you used to sign up to the registry (case sensitive). If you have any problems, send me an e-mail and I will try to help you out... A few of you do NOT have e-mail addresses on file, so you will need to e-mail me anyway.. . Give me some time to respond since I expect some people to have issues...

Because this is now in a database, it gives us tremendous flexibility to get statistics on the data we collect... How many black cars, how many 2004 with silver, etc.... So everyone knows, I dont sell, or otherwise give ANY of this information out to anyone except to the forum (and always publicly posted)... ALL personal information collected I maintain STRICT control over and DO NO give out under ANY circumstances. You do have an option in the new system to opt out of annoucement e-mails.

Currently there are 151 in the system and I know there are many more here who lurk... Take about 5 minutes and fill out what you can and we can get a better idea of who we are and what mods we have...

Thanks,
Reed

heavymetals
11-01-05, 02:58 AM
Thanks for all your hard work Reed!:worship:

51PHFTY
11-01-05, 10:15 AM
:yeah:

Marty

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 01:35 PM
So how does one locate their "registry number" anyway? I'm registered but see no number.

ctsvett
11-01-05, 02:03 PM
You are 161.. it says it next to your name...

I had to "approve" you (and several other accounts this morning) before you became visible.

Reed

ctsvett
11-01-05, 02:04 PM
keep in mind the UPDATE URL (above in the thread) should only have to be used ONE TIME (for people with old data from the old system)... Since you just signed up, everything should be complete.

You can use the update url as well if you changed your information (added a mod, added exuast, etc)

Reed

lawfive
11-01-05, 02:05 PM
There's a registry? :rolleyes:

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 02:27 PM
Just registered and e-mailed a pic. I like the new site! Thanks for your contribution!!!

DeputyDog
11-01-05, 03:31 PM
Reed

I just checked the registery yesterday. It shows that I'm 204 in my profile but I'm listed at 206.

eoff dayton

ctsvett
11-01-05, 07:10 PM
geoff,
With the new database came a new numbering system... we start at 1 in the new system.. So if you were 206 before, then you are 106 now... I just checked and it says you are 106 in both places...

E-mail me if you still see a problem.

Reed

TheHylandr
11-01-05, 07:15 PM
You da Man Reed, thanks for your hard work and contribution ... it's appreciated.

DeputyDog
11-01-05, 07:39 PM
Reed

Thanks for checking and for you endless work on the site. Keep up the great work!!!

DILLIGAF
11-01-05, 11:09 PM
The pic will have to wait till tomorrow,sorry