: 2006 CTS-V Runflats vs All Season Tires

NIK
10-31-05, 02:02 PM
I see the 2006 CTS-V took a page from Chrysler's SRT-8 book regarding the option of choosing all-season tires rather than the F-1's.

My questions are these - the optional all-season tire for the "V" is the Goodyear RS. First of all, is this tire a run-flat? Secondly, I've seen several posts (actually, many posts) stating that this tire is crap. Did it suddenly get so much better that it could now be put on the CTS-V as standard equipment?

Staxxin
10-31-05, 02:43 PM
My understanding is that it is a run-flat tire. Most opinions on the RSA is that it is a poor tire so I don't know what GM logic was putting this tire on a high performance car.

Florian
10-31-05, 03:10 PM
Stay away from both, the RS-As just suck (lots of noise, laughable wet traction/no snow traction) and the F1s are toast in under 10K miles.
Id go F1's and order new tires right away.

F

cadillac04
10-31-05, 04:19 PM
Nick,
I know you were looking for all season tires in August, did you get new tires yet? I am very happy with my Dunlop Sport01 DSST tires (run flats) and they are rated ultra high performance tires. I have 2800 miles on them and they are quieter than the F1s and great wet traction. Still to test them in snow however.

steve711
10-31-05, 04:57 PM
i thought the F1s were "optional" and the rsa's were standard for the 06.
Either wich way stay away from the Rsa's they are $hitty.

Dave's V
10-31-05, 06:20 PM
RSAs are junk and have been around for a long time. They will give the V better tire wear which isn't hard to do.