: When .....

Daffy
10-31-05, 12:01 PM
... will I stop pulling the hood release instead of the brake release?! DOH!:bonkers:

At night I do this all the time, look like a doofus getting out of the car.

What is the deal on no hand brake anyway ... argh. :banghead:

OK, end of rant, now back to working on my muscle memory for reaching the right distance for the brake release.

D.

urbanski
10-31-05, 12:16 PM
go to Babies-r-us or similar store and look over in the child seat area. they sell these little stick on plastic jobs with really rough "spikes" on them....so babies don't pick at the seatbelt. just stick one on the hood release handle and you'll be able to tell by feel you have the wrong handle. or you could just wait a bit, you're body will get used to the location :cool:

51PHFTY
10-31-05, 12:50 PM
go to Babies-r-us or similar store and look over in the child seat area. they sell these little stick on plastic jobs with really rough "spikes" on them....so babies don't pick at the seatbelt. just stick one on the hood release handle and you'll be able to tell by feel you have the wrong handle. or you could just wait a bit, you're body will get used to the location :cool:

After getting out of the car about 15 times to close the damn hood, I finally learned.

Marty

Staxxin
10-31-05, 12:54 PM
There’s nothing like people checking out your car and go to pull away and you release the hood instead of the parking break. You then have to get out in front of everyone and close it…. You’ll quickly learn, not speaking from experience of course!

heavymetals
10-31-05, 01:03 PM
Wait till your trying to show off the maggie and your parked on a sloping driveway or hill :eek:

Never saw me move so fast. :histeric:

I have started to get into the habit of leaving it in gear when I park it for that reason, but then I let out the clutch before I take it out of gear when I start it. DOHH!

riverrat
10-31-05, 01:18 PM
We are all in the same club. Have opened the hood more times than I want to remember and reached through the window to open the hood and let off the brake, on a hill, while in neutral:bouncy: Never seen a fat man move so fast as when his car is headed out to the street without him!:woohoo:

CTS-VETTE 550HP
10-31-05, 01:31 PM
Wait till your trying to show off the maggie and your parked on a sloping driveway or hill :eek:

Never saw me move so fast. :histeric:

I have started to get into the habit of leaving it in gear when I park it for that reason, but then I let out the clutch before I take it out of gear when I start it. DOHH!

lol.....

CTS-VETTE 550HP
10-31-05, 01:32 PM
We are all in the same club. Have opened the hood more times than I want to remember and reached through the window to open the hood and let off the brake, on a hill, while in neutral:bouncy: Never seen a fat man move so fast as when his car is headed out to the street without him!:woohoo:
now that would be a sight...lol

Daffy
10-31-05, 02:54 PM
LOL, yea, I guess mixing it up the other way would be worse. Trying to get in & stop it before I had a heart attack would be the challenge.

The brake seems kinda weak as it is, need to be in gear to hold on even a slight hill.