: Just wondering many miles on a stock V when it is at it's fastest?

Joey'sVee
10-30-05, 10:55 PM
I broke mine in for 500 miles. After that I got on it and it was fast. At about 5000 mi I noticed the car was faster and now at 8000 mi it's even faster than at 5000... :bouncy:

Eventually this increase in power will level off and after years & years I imagine it will even come down some. So here’s the question...

What do you think the mileage would be on a STOCK V when it's at it's fastest....5000, 10000, 20000, 60000, or what? I was just wondering this ya know? :hmm:

Thanks!

CVP33
10-30-05, 11:04 PM
Having purchased my V in December of last year I've had an up and down time regarding how fast the car feels. Once you break it in, say around 4-5,000 miles it definitely feels faster. Add a few mod's and now it's faster still. Going through the summer of hell with 95+ degree days I definitely felt some power loss. A pretty lengthy trip to the dealer and all my mod's had to be removed to retain warranty so then it felt extremely slow. Now with a few 50 degree days it feels about where it was in spring. Headers should be going on in two weeks and StealthV tune on the way. I can't wait. Had a traction break so long today shifting from 2nd to 3rd it was obnoxious. So of course I loved it!

moldowan
10-30-05, 11:26 PM
I believe I read somewhere that 30k is the "prime" time for an engine and the car will turn the best times at this odometer reading.
-moldy