: Results from the track today..

HDMLNIUM
10-30-05, 07:59 PM
Well I trailered my V to the track this morning, just to find out that they were only running 1/8 mile...:nono:
So I drove right through and out the other gate. I was looking so forward to running the V today, but 1/8 mile isn't much fun to me.. And I can't get my new personal best 1/4 mile run doing it so why bother...
I ended up unloading my car down the street and driving it home and let my brother in law drive my truck with the trailer. Atleast I got to enjoy some of the drive, and I let my brother in law drive the V the last 30 miles or so and he was in love with the car. That is the first person I have let drive the V besides my wife and she only has driven it a couple times. So he did appreciate getting to drive it.. lol
I took a couple pics of him in front of me on the highway on the ride home. Boy the car does look good seeing it go down the road for the first time..
Anyway, here are a few pics, on the trailer and on the highway. The 275/35's do look good from the back too...:yup: :thumbsup:

Bill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/trailered1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/trailered2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/highwayrun.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/highwayrun1.jpg

urbanski
10-30-05, 08:09 PM
no more leaves up there :(

turbojimmy
10-30-05, 09:18 PM
no more leaves up there :(

NJ isn't too far behind. Things are colorful, but lots of trees are bare. You get used to it - it's kind of refreshing when everything turns green again in the spring.

Down here in NJ the 1/4-mile track was running its last Friday night street legal drags of the season this past week. With temps in the high-30s I couldn't help but take the GN out for a couple last runs for the year.

There's nothing like driving home in 30-something-degree weather with the windows open trying to vent the car of the burnt rubber smell. Cold wind on my face, heater cranked up. Like the smell of rotting leaves and fireplace smoke, that experience holds a special place in my heart this time of year.

Jim

kd7895
10-30-05, 09:32 PM
Hey guys,

Fortunately, I was able to make one pass today at South Georgia Motorsports Park and it was my best to date. Weather was good with 72*, 30.32 barometer and 51% humidity. I ran 12.95 at 112.35 mph with a 2.087 sixty foot.

Mods are: LPE Air Kit; DTE Stage II tune; 170* thermostat; my own cat back 2 1/2" exhaust with Magnaflow X Pipe & 4 Magnaflow Mufflers; Aluminum Flywheel & CCW 19's with 295x30 rear and 255x35 front.

I'm hoping to add headers once Kook's gets them ready.

Hope you make it to the track before the snow!

Mickey

tweeter81
10-31-05, 04:59 PM
kd7895,

Hey man, nice track times. Anyway, I noticed the wheel/tire combination you have is the exact one I have been researching and thinking about buying. I have posed the question to Parker, and I will ask you too. Do you like that setup? Did you have to do anything drastic for that combo to work. I am pretty sure the rear fenders will have to be rolled and a spacer would have to be put on the rear nivomats to keep the rear down where it should be. And so far it looks like that set up, with the cost of the Eibach springs and labor should be about $4000, does that sound right. Thanks in advance and any info would be much appreciated.

Flyboy
10-31-05, 05:18 PM
kd7895.....VERY GOOD!!!

I'm really happy to see more and more guys getting into the 12's......

Did you "hook up" well at launch and during the shifts...my guess would be YES!!!

Congrats! I'm breaking my new '06 diff in before I can go to the track.

HDMLNIUM
10-31-05, 07:23 PM
kd7895,
Welcome to the 12 second club... That is a great time..:thumbsup:
Flyboy is still the man to beat n/a......:worship: :cheers:

Bill

crowan
10-31-05, 08:43 PM
HDMLNIUM:

That's a bummer to go that far only to have the track change the format. I've always hated the 1/8th mile "racing." What a waste of time. You were wise to blow it off and take a nice cruise.

kd7895:

Wow. Very nice run. You certainly made the most of your one pass!:worship:

CR

Dynotech Engineering
11-05-05, 08:24 AM
Don't mean to come to this thread, but....

Hey Mickey~
Hope all is well with you.
I've tried to email you back 3 times and each time they bounce back to me...
I've tried to call you back at the number you gave Jenny, but each time I get a pre-recorded message that states "number no longer in service, please try again". I then tried to get a hold of you on this board and you don't have an email here, nor are you allowing any PM's to be sent you way..

Any idea why I can't reach you? I hope you get this message so you don't think I'm ignoring you, because I've been trying for days. :) Let me know and have a good day! :)

Best Regards,
Phil- DTE

lasstss
11-05-05, 10:42 AM
I ran at Capitol for the last open saturday of the year. Ran a 13.29@112.8 with the magnacharger. Had to sneek it of the line, unbelieavable wheel spin in 2nd and 3rd gear. Fortunately, I didnt break anything. GT waited for three hours and only got in one run. It was fun though. A lot of lookers. (what car it this? a cadillac?) Z06 motor??
Who woulda thought..............

kd7895
11-05-05, 02:42 PM
Phil,
Sorry about that, I have no idea why you aren't able to get through. Try me at mwaller@alltel.net, 229-985-1590 days or 229-890-7402 evenings and weekends. Sorry for the problems.

The track was really bad that day, but letting the car cool for awhile before the pass seemed to help. I was racing my Buick GS anyway.

I launch at about 2400 rpm and get the clutch out as fast as possible, usually side stepping it, which bogs the car briefly, but gets it hooked then full power. Its a fine line between too much slip inducing wheel hop, too little rpm really boggin it or frying the clutch with too much rpm and slippage.

60' is the key and sub 2.00 seconds seems extremely difficult. But, on this day the track was terrible with my GS two tenths off running 1.90 and it hooks everywhere.

Mickey