: Cheap Oxygen Sensors

NJ_Catera
10-30-05, 06:56 PM
I went to Advance Auto's order website (partsamerica.com) to find cheaper oxygen sensors for my '97 Catera and seen one with the connector for under $100. I typed the name in google and it came back under Rock Auto. So I ordered it from Rock Auto for $89 (shipping included) and I should have it Tuesday. Although it's not listed in Rock Auto for the Catera I hope Partsamerica.com is right.
Anyway the part # is SG767 and it's for the front sensor. Hope this helps anyone looking for a cheap direct-connect oxygen sensor.

dwheeler
10-30-05, 10:18 PM
This is great news. I was quoted $501.00 at Napa Auto Parts for replacements AND THERE ARE 4 OF THEM!
Let us know if it really fits.

sanchman
10-31-05, 10:36 AM
They do work. I got them from Rock Auto as well. Tha standard ones and they work just fine. It was very easy to put on also.

NJ_Catera
11-01-05, 01:50 PM
sanchman, what would I need to change it? Thanks. Can I use a regular wrench to change it??

sanchman
11-02-05, 11:03 AM
All you need is a Oxygen Sensor socket available at advance auto, autozone etc. and some man power. If you haven't change this for quite sometime it will be a little tuff but doable...The only problem I had was getting the wires to connect. Drivers side is much easier than the passenger side. Not much space for your hands to play with. Watch out for the sharp edges as well on the muffler.....

figgie
11-11-05, 01:39 AM
The cadillac uses the Bosch LSU 4.1 sensors... do a search and it is easily found. The only thing diff might be the plug.. MAYBE.