: 04 Deville - engine upgrades

wilburhausen
08-06-14, 02:52 AM
I have a base model deville, and am curious what kind of engine upgrades I can do.

MoistCabbage
08-06-14, 03:42 AM
Absolutely ZERO. Sorry to disappoint you, but there isn't a single functional aftermarket performance part for your engine. Any "chips" you see advertised are BS, a "performance" MAF sensor will just cause drivability issues, you already have a CAI that flows more air than the engine can use at WOT, at redline, and adding an aftermarket air filter is guaranteed to flow more dirt, pack up quicker, and provide no extra power. A fully flow through, mandrel bent cat-back will get you ~10-15 HP, nothing you can really even feel. On top of that, your base has the economy final drive ratio, meant for MPG, not acceleration.

BTW, :welcome:

Submariner409
08-06-14, 08:25 AM
Short answer = NONE.

Your base model car, with a 275 hp tuned engine and 3.11 final drive is a good, economical highway cruiser - and that's IT.

Study the many, many, many threads in Seville, Deville, and Engines; Northstar concerning this same question - since the start date of this site.

Moved from the chitchat Lounge to Engines; Northstar.................. Sorry that the replies to your first post since April are so negative - but true.

Hoosier Daddy
08-06-14, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forums.

04GrandAmGT
08-07-14, 09:58 AM
I have a base model deville, and am curious what kind of engine upgrades I can do.

Tune, Vin 9 Cams, and get the final drive out of a 3.71 tranny, Full cat back, and after spending $500-$1500 for all that nevermind labour unless you are doing it yourself, you will have about 310hp