: Code PO24-VSS Signal To TCC-Where is It Located At?

jakej
12-06-03, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone,

Lately my '94 Eldorado Touring coupe has been having a problem with the speedometer. Every now and then (usually when the engine/trans is hot ~50 minutes of driving) the speedometer stops working and only reads 0 MPH. At that time the servace engine soon light becomes lit with it displaying code PO24 (Vechiel speed sensor signal to TCC).

From what I read online (my manual sucks!), it appears to be a ~$70 speed sensor behind the drivers side wheel on the transmission bell houseing (around 11 o'clock maybe?).

I looked for a while with the eldo up on jackstands and wheel off; however I couldn't find the actual sensor. Can someone please point me to where the vechle speed sensor (the easy one, outside the tranny) is located at? Or better yet a picture?

Also, how hard is it to replace? I read that it was rather easy, but I'm no pro and nor do I have a huge array of tools.

Please help me find the Speed Sensor
Thank you,
-Jake

jakej
12-11-03, 02:37 PM
Anyone?

epanightmare
12-11-03, 11:38 PM
Anyone?
the VSS is located on the top of the passenge side of the transmission, it is held in with one 10 mm bolt and has a small two wire oval shaped connector on it. I think that you may have loose connection or a broken wire at the sender that is causing an intermitant connection.. check the wiring carefully as the wirers seem to break just inside the connector

hope this helps.....:halo:

jakej
12-16-03, 12:25 AM
the VSS is located on the top of the passenge side of the transmission, it is held in with one 10 mm bolt and has a small two wire oval shaped connector on it. I think that you may have loose connection or a broken wire at the sender that is causing an intermitant connection.. check the wiring carefully as the wirers seem to break just inside the connector

hope this helps.....:halo:

Thanks, that helps me a lot. Everyone has been telling me that it was behind the drivers side wheel, so I was looking on the drivers side.