: MB Forums going nuts over my Top Gear CTS-V European Bias Post

cruzajc1
10-30-05, 04:39 PM
Check out the MB Owners getting all snooty at me posting how biased the Top Gear review of the CTS-V was. Funny as hell.:thepan:

cruzajc1
10-30-05, 04:43 PM
http://www.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1329440&posted=1#post1329440

Devil_concours
10-30-05, 05:15 PM
all their arguments sounded valid to me.

CVP33
10-30-05, 05:24 PM
When I engage in these battles it's usually my frustrations with the car manufacturer coming through, ala my rant about the positioning of the STS-V as a luxo-cruiser with some power vs. a segment killer with the biggest stick and the smallest sticker. Pitting the CTS-V against MB and BMW will always raise someone's ire. We'll claim that ours is faster on the track and cheaper and they'll claim heritage, resale value, build quality, styling, etc. It's a no win situation. I can tell you that very few enthusiasts looking to buy a $90K E55 or the new M5 will be disuaded by driving the V unless that $90K gives them pause. If you're going to spend $90K and want to comfortably seat 4 the CTS-V is NOT even on your radar screen. And now sadly I must add either will the STS-V.

Blackout
10-30-05, 05:41 PM
Check out the MB Owners getting all snooty at me posting how biased the Top Gear review of the CTS-V was. Funny as hell.:thepan:Your trolling over there big time. The review was not biased and every argument over at the MB forums and the review on Top Gear were valid not biased. The only thing funny about that thread is you being the only person over there who thinks its biased while everyone else is pointing stuff out about the review and you come back with "can't you see the European bias in the review?" or something along those lines.

cruzajc1
10-30-05, 06:21 PM
Your right I have been trolling, Hello my friend...Trolling is fun, besides it 1:17 am in the morning here and I am tired. When I get back to the US, I'm thinking of picking off an 04 CTS-V. The review was obviously biased, but of course I won't get anyone to agree in the MB forum. i troll there as my brother has a MB and my Caddy spanks it.

dqw1
10-30-05, 06:24 PM
Hell, I wish :
Gm/Caddie would fix the wheel hop
add a better exhaust (maybe a corsa)
fix the clunking
fix the shifter
give us a hand brake
refine the interior overall (blue tooth & IPOD would be nice without the aftermarket)
All of that should be standard.

I love my V but would love to see the extra effort put into a 50K car.
Not much wrong with what's being dicussed at the MB forum. Why start a beef with them anyway?:thepan:

ace996
10-30-05, 10:28 PM
Trolling...is that when you don't have the vehicle that the forum is dedicated to and you still visit and post based on no real experience?????

Trolling...now that's funny.

Dave's V
10-30-05, 11:32 PM
We have plenty of trolls here also, just from Cadillac non CTS V owners. There was a recent post by a non CTS V owner that got 108 hits but no replies. His comments were only intended to irritate V owners. IMO, it should have been just deleted.

Blackout
10-30-05, 11:53 PM
We have plenty of trolls here also, just from Cadillac non CTS V owners. There was a recent post by a non CTS V owner that got 108 hits but no replies. His comments were only intended to irritate V owners. IMO, it should have been just deleted.lol.......ok

Leloz
10-31-05, 12:24 AM
I was one of the few to stand up for Cadillac in that thread. It should get very interesting soon!

Blackout
10-31-05, 10:22 AM
So lemme get this straight......its ok to troll over at the MB forums and you guys don't own the car that the forum is dedicated to but when someone over on this forum who doesn't own a CTS-V makes a comment about one they are considered a troll and shoulnd't be aloud on here. You guys make a lot of sense. You really do:bigroll:

Katshot
10-31-05, 10:59 AM
I think the MB guys handled themselves just fine. Overall, the thread reads like a troll being squished. End of story.
The CTS-V is a great car for what it is. The problem with any car is when owners try to make it out to be more than it is, arguements start. Face it, most guys have an ego and want to proclaim that what they have is the best, the fastest, the whatever.....
Unfortunately, for the most part, those guys seldom do little more than bench-race on internet forums. To them I say "Get a Life", to the others, the guys that actually DO get to know their cars by putting them on the track, and experiencing the actual greatness that is in their cars, I salute you. IMO, cars were meant to be DRIVEN not just bragged about. Let your car and your time slip do the talking for you. Know that you're actually having a blast while others merely talk about it.
PS: I am puzzled why you posted about an Audi on a MB forum. :hmm:

M5eatr
10-31-05, 11:24 AM
Everyone has different tastes. Some people get very offended about their possessions as if you are attacking them personally. It is an object, made by humans and will all have issues. Even the MB and BMWs that you pay a premium for have multiple issues. My brother has an E500 and the tranny has been replaced twice. The 7 series BMWs all have electronic problems. And I could go on. Bottom line is all cars have issues and they all suck. It just depends how much money you want to put into the street and blow on a depreciating asset. Or in the case of that ahole with the 1 million plus car collection (which I doubt anyway) needs these vehicles to prove to himself and the world that he is important and he has to degrade any other choice that isnt his own.

crowan
10-31-05, 11:34 AM
So lemme get this straight......its ok to troll over at the MB forums and you guys don't own the car that the forum is dedicated to but when someone over on this forum who doesn't own a CTS-V makes a comment about one they are considered a troll and shoulnd't be aloud on here. You guys make a lot of sense. You really do:bigroll:

Oh jeez, are you back again? And still missing the point. The issue isn't just whether or not you own the car that the forum is deicated to, it is also whether or not you own one of the cars relevant to the discussion in the thread.

We have many owners of Audis, SRT-8s, Bimmers, etc. come to our board to compare notes and experiences and if they don't come off as abusive, they are generally welcomed in a friendly manner. Those who arrive with the "My car is great, yours sucks" attitude get flamed, as would be expected in any forum.

Trolls, such as yourself, own no vehicle of interest to the boards they troll, and simply surf the forums, living vicariously through the experiences of others and car reviews in various magazines. Some, such as yourself, take it even farther by deluding themselves into believing that they are automotive experts. They patrol the boards spewing "opinions," playing devil's advocate and/or being generally annoying.

Three words: Get a life.

Leloz
10-31-05, 11:42 AM

I hope that was not directed at me because I have been a member of MBWorld longer than I have here and do own a MB (I hate the internet, you never know who is saying what and how they mean it). It was senseless to compare the E55 to CTS-V because they are in two different classes altogether. The C55 and CTS-V are in the same class with respect to performance and price. Like I stated on the MB forum, I would pick the CTS-V over the C55 because of the modification potential and most of all the manual transmission. There is a reason why I have not bought a newer MB to replace my 1998 w140.. the quality is just not the same. I truly believe Cadillac has built an exceptional machine with the CTS-V and it can truly be compared to the European counterparts.

Blackout
10-31-05, 01:02 PM
Oh jeez, are you back again? And still missing the point. The issue isn't just whether or not you own the car that the forum is deicated to, it is also whether or not you own one of the cars relevant to the discussion in the thread.

We have many owners of Audis, SRT-8s, Bimmers, etc. come to our board to compare notes and experiences and if they don't come off as abusive, they are generally welcomed in a friendly manner. Those who arrive with the "My car is great, yours sucks" attitude get flamed, as would be expected in any forum.

Trolls, such as yourself, own no vehicle of interest to the boards they troll, and simply surf the forums, living vicariously through the experiences of others and car reviews in various magazines. Some, such as yourself, take it even farther by deluding themselves into believing that they are automotive experts. They patrol the boards spewing "opinions," playing devil's advocate and/or being generally annoying.

Three words: Get a life.Why am I not surprised that you went after me in this thread. I think you need to pratice what you preach, GET A LIFE! As for me being a troll......how so? Can you show me something from this thread that show's me flaming the CTS-V or the owners of CTS-V's? I think in this instance your being the troll by trying to bait me into a big argument by once again trying to poke fun of the car that I had. You need to come back down to reality because I have no idea as to where you come off as some know it all and some sorta e-thug

Blackout
10-31-05, 01:04 PM
I hope that was not directed at me because I have been a member of MBWorld longer than I have here and do own a MB (I hate the internet, you never know who is saying what and how they mean it). It was senseless to compare the E55 to CTS-V because they are in two different classes altogether. The C55 and CTS-V are in the same class with respect to performance and price. Like I stated on the MB forum, I would pick the CTS-V over the C55 because of the modification potential and most of all the manual transmission. There is a reason why I have not bought a newer MB to replace my 1998 w140.. the quality is just not the same. I truly believe Cadillac has built an exceptional machine with the CTS-V and it can truly be compared to the European counterparts.My post wasn't directed towards you. You actually seem to have a brain unlike crowan. But when me and Katshot went to Englishtwon this weekend there was a guy there with a C55 AMG and I have no idea as to what he was doing but he ran a 14.1 or something like that. I hope he messed up something because if thats what to expect from those things you can color me unimpressed

urbanski
10-31-05, 01:29 PM
i hung w/ a Viper :cool:

crowan
10-31-05, 01:36 PM
Why am I not surprised that you went after me in this thread. I think you need to pratice what you preach, GET A LIFE! As for me being a troll......how so? Can you show me something from this thread that show's me flaming the CTS-V or the owners of CTS-V's? I think in this instance your being the troll by trying to bait me into a big argument by once again trying to poke fun of the car that I had. You need to come back down to reality because I have no idea as to where you come off as some know it all and some sorta e-thug

You are totally clueless. This isn't about the car you own. This is about the fact that you lurk on multiple boards, tossing out critical opinions on cars you don't own, have never owned, and may never own. Anyone can pull opinions out of thin air, but what's the point? For example, do you think anyone on this board wants to hear why you think an S4 or an SRT-8 is better than a V, or whether you are "unimpressed" with the C55, when you own none of the cars involved? Who are you?

Personally, I enjoy hearing from owners of other performance cars because their personal experiences can be very valuable and entertaining; much more so than a Car&Driver article. But your uninformed musings are just empty calories, like cotton candy.

CR aka "e-thug":histeric:

urbanski
10-31-05, 01:48 PM
Personally, I enjoy hearing from owners of other performance cars because their personal experiences can be very valuable and entertaining; much more so than a Car&Driver article. But your uninformed musings are just empty calories, like cotton candy.

CR aka "e-thug":histeric:mmmmmmmm cotton candy

Katshot
10-31-05, 02:23 PM
"The issue isn't just whether or not you own the car that the forum is deicated to, it is also whether or not you own one of the cars relevant to the discussion in the thread."

"This isn't about the car you own. This is about the fact that you lurk on multiple boards, tossing out critical opinions on cars you don't own, have never owned, and may never own."

Crowan,
You need to make up your mind dude. It certainly LOOKS like you have an issue about his vehicle ownership. You, and some others here go out of your way to trash non-'V' owners. It's silly really. You also expect anyone with a brain to swallow your theory that unless you own a specific vehicle, you can't possibly have anything worthwhile to say about it? Hate to say it dude but that pretty much covers ALL the "experts" on this and most other forums, and all the car magazines.
You just have a need to make things personal, and it's juvenile. I for one wish you'd knock it off.

cruzajc1
10-31-05, 02:35 PM
My name is Gus, i have a 96 STS (14.5 1/4 mile) at www.adumbrecords.com/hosting and I drive the hell out of it as many of my videos, other posts show. Beat many a car i shouldn't have (2 M3 from a roll, Saleen from Red light to red light, GTO from a 40mph punch) and I am proud to have an old Caddy making people take notice. I have trolled on the MB forum seeking their opinion on Top Gear bias against a car I want to buy and have started an out of control flame war. My apologies to all. Everybody now say....Hi Gus:) The fact is though, that Cadillac/GM in general has the Euro-files nervous and i think this is good news for GM

Gus

Blackout
10-31-05, 03:36 PM
Trolls, such as yourself, own no vehicle of interest to the boards they troll

This isn't about the car you ownMake up your mind man. yes I lurk on many forums and why is that? To further my car knowledge on every car out there and not just stick to a brand and that brand only. I'm a member of here, Srtforums.com, Stangnet.com, probetalk.com, freshalloy.com, and this list goes on and on. And out of all of the forums I have been to over the years the CTS-V crowd is by far the most juvenile as well as the most big headed group of people I have every come across. I'm starting to have more respect for the ricers at clubsi.com then some of the guys on here, atleast they give credit where credit is due. You are the first person that has actually said to another board member, "Why are you here when you don't own a car that relates to this forum?" or talking about how you will never own this car or you can't say anything about the car since you don't have it. Well the guys in these magazines don't have the cars they test them and post the results and then move onto the next car. So do you write letters and e-mail's to them saying how they can't say anything about the cars since they don't "own" them? You need to grow up big time because you seem like your 12 years old

urbanski
10-31-05, 03:39 PM
bunnies

Blackout
10-31-05, 03:40 PM
Hmmm.......I wonder who sent me this negative feedback?

Get off the V board!

the funny part is you have sent me about 20 negative feedbacks and it hasn't made a dent in my rating which by the way I could really careless about. So you can have fun sending me negative feedback because it's pointless anyways

Katshot
10-31-05, 03:43 PM
My name is Gus, i have a 96 STS (14.5 1/4 mile) at www.adumbrecords.com/hosting and I drive the hell out of it as many of my videos, other posts show. Beat many a car i shouldn't have (2 M3 from a roll, Saleen from Red light to red light, GTO from a 40mph punch) and I am proud to have an old Caddy making people take notice. I have trolled on the MB forum seeking their opinion on Top Gear bias against a car I want to buy and have started an out of control flame war. My apologies to all. Everybody now say....Hi Gus:) The fact is though, that Cadillac/GM in general has the Euro-files nervous and i think this is good news for GM
Gus

Hi Gus!
The first step is admitting you have a problem. :halo:

With all due respect, I doubt the Europeans (or anybody else for that matter) are actually losing any sleep over what GM or any other US auto maker is doing. We can't even hold on to our own market, let alone make any serious headway in the European markets. The facts are that both Japan and Korea have been eating away at our market share here in the US and it doesn't appear that there's anything we can do about. My guess is that in the very near future, not only Toyota, but possibly even Hyundai will take a commanding lead in our own market, and mark my words, even the most hallowed of all American markets, the full-size pick-up market will fall to the Japanese very soon. Both Toyota and Nissan have real competitors in that market and have been consistently gaining market share.
So what I would ask is don't perpetuate the problem by asking American car buyers to believe that all is well. For the only way to get to where you seem to think we are in the world market is to get serious and finally believe that we are about to lose something precious to us. Nobody fights like somebody cornered.

Luna.
10-31-05, 04:00 PM
And out of all of the forums I have been to over the years the CTS-V crowd is by far the most juvenile as well as the most big headed group of people I have every come across.

Oh please...

You strike me as a vastly immature person. Please sit in judgment on yourself before posting this nonsense.

The hard reality is that all forums have their fair share of "juvenile, as well as big headed" people, so spare me this "holier then thou" attitude.

Florian
10-31-05, 04:21 PM
I find the V forum as the most helpful, selfless bunch of guys and gals that I have had the pleasure of meeting (IRL). Crowan is indeed a class act as he drove from MD to OH just to hang for half a day with fellow V owners. (winning the farthest drive award as a result). Crowans insights are ALWAYS on target, mature and well thought out. I appreciate his input. I VALUE the opinions/thoughts/insights of others here as well as on occasion they HELP me with issues I may be having with my V.
Blackout, you are welcome to hang, but please bring useful info to the table as inflammatory posts do nothing but piss people off and drag useful threads down to "youre a dick", "no, youre a dick" finger pointing and immaturity.
Crowan, thanks again for your insight.

F

10-31-05, 05:38 PM
I'm still wondering when officer Crowan became an "e-thug" (I love that term), and when Urbanski became proud that he is "hung like a Viper". I must admit I've never seen snake-weenie but I doubt that it is anything to brag about. Where is that squirrel avatar when you need it.

"serious bank" and now "e-thug." Who needs college to have a great vocabulary!

crowan
10-31-05, 05:55 PM
I'm still wondering when officer Crowan became an "e-thug" (I love that term), and when Urbanski became proud that he is "hung like a Viper". I must admit I've never seen snake-weenie but I doubt that it is anything to brag about. Where is that squirrel avatar when you need it.

"serious bank" and now "e-thug." Who needs college to have a great vocabulary!

:histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

Doug,

Now I know what to title my new rap CD: "E-Thug featuring the V Posse." Who smells serious bank?

Be careful with the snake weenie jokes! Our professional lurkers may belong to snakeweenie.com and I don't want them to be any more offended than they already are.

Peace out, "A" town down.

E-Thug

urbanski
10-31-05, 06:13 PM
oh man i sure hope the snake weenies don't show up here :rolleyes:

Blackout
10-31-05, 06:37 PM
Who would have saw this coming. The CTS-V guys ganging up on somebody. I like the comment left in my rep saying that I had "no talent" whatever that meant.

Adam
10-31-05, 06:58 PM
bunnies

look bunnies driving a car!:

http://www.paulduncan.org/files/bunnies_driving.jpg

urbanski
10-31-05, 07:12 PM
Points For Lowlow

CVP33
10-31-05, 08:15 PM
It's very hard to convey intent over the internet. I'm sure that no one purposely meant to piss anyone off anywhere, neither here nor on the MB forum initially. But now that this thread has escalated like our other infamous thread I notice the same players involved once again.

Black out I must ask what is it that you hope to accomplish posting in this portion of our forum? Now, please notice that this is an open ended question and not an accusation. I sincerely would like to know your intent. If you answer honestly you may be surprised by the reception you get by not only V owners but also by others sitting on the sideline wondering the same.

I'll look forward to your reply.

crowan
10-31-05, 08:29 PM
look bunnies driving a car!:

http://www.paulduncan.org/files/bunnies_driving.jpg

That's a slammin' cabriolet. Those bunnies must have serious bank! I would run out and buy one right now, but I never make a move before hearing what Top Gear has to say.

Can I get a What, What?

E-Thug

Florian
10-31-05, 08:35 PM
E-thug is in the hiz-zouse!

F

Adam
10-31-05, 08:39 PM
That's a slammin' cabriolet. Those bunnies must have serious bank! I would run out and buy one right now, but I never make a move before hearing what Top Gear has to say.

Can I get a What, What?

E-Thug

THAT'S THE V POSSE!!! well a few of them, thats e-thug's crew ya'll. the one in the back is goin off on 'em look at that, hollerin at some lady bunnies.

Florian
10-31-05, 08:41 PM
givin a shout out to his bunny beotches! "What up cottontail biznatch?" How bout some time in the CTS-B(unny)

F (e-thug posse)

Adam
10-31-05, 08:41 PM
I find the V forum as the most helpful, selfless bunch of guys and gals that I have had the pleasure of meeting (IRL). Crowan is indeed a class act as he drove from MD to OH just to hang for half a day with fellow V owners. (winning the farthest drive award as a result). Crowans insights are ALWAYS on target, mature and well thought out. I appreciate his input. I VALUE the opinions/thoughts/insights of others here as well as on occasion they HELP me with issues I may be having with my V.
Blackout, you are welcome to hang, but please bring useful info to the table as inflammatory posts do nothing but piss people off and drag useful threads down to "youre a dick", "no, youre a dick" finger pointing and immaturity.
Crowan, thanks again for your insight.

F

hey brother, you should come down and hang out in the lounge with some of us. ill invite you, dont worry. we were nice to urby and CTSVette. we were kind of glad to be able to socialize with our V brothers.

Adam
10-31-05, 08:43 PM
givin a shout out to his bunny beotches! "What up cottontail biznatch?" How bout some time in the CTS-B(unny)

F (e-thug posse)

AHA! LOL! points for Florian.

crowan
10-31-05, 08:58 PM
Well, it looks like LowLow and his cottontail, holla-back bunnies have cut through the noise to give us the true moral of this thread:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!:bling:

E-Thug

P.S. Dat back seat bunnie is fine like mutha......! I am definitely gonna tap dat!

urbanski
10-31-05, 09:58 PM
fo shizzle

urbanski
10-31-05, 09:59 PM
AHA! LOL! points for Florian.
the V guys aren't good at giving out points, in fact we suck :D

Adam
10-31-05, 11:18 PM
the V guys aren't good at giving out points, in fact we suck :D

you V boys just keep beating those beemers so they will quit trying to race me at every red light i come to. although i did race a few hundred times the 2 weeks i took care of my buddies dad's. we lowriders will keep givin ya'll points. oh wait, i dont have a lowlow no more. ive got to get another low.

Adam
10-31-05, 11:19 PM
Well, it looks like LowLow and his cottontail, holla-back bunnies have cut through the noise to give us the true moral of this thread:

Don't hate the playa, hate the game!:bling:

E-Thug

P.S. Dat back seat bunnie is fine like mutha......! I am definitely gonna tap dat!

hey, where'd this "e thug" thing come from anyway? i know you cant be serious.

Florian
10-31-05, 11:24 PM
Carl,

You are now and into the future to be known as EThug.....(the irony of the name, is just to funny) You are definately one of the coolest guys Ive had the pleasure of meeting. May I be your first official "peep"? Big ups to ETHUG!

Florian out!

crowan
11-01-05, 01:01 AM
For shizzle, my hizzle!:cool2:

:werd:

E-Thug

11-01-05, 06:34 AM
I wanna be part of the V posse and be a thug-peep, too. He's da man. Maybe we can all get a ride in that modded Pink Z06 full of da hot bunnies.

I'll cash out some Bling to get the serious bank so that I can score an escalade and be a playa, too.

word.

urbanski
11-01-05, 07:56 AM
y0 bunnies y0

e-thugs represent

http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/-sukiennik1f3b.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

Adam
11-01-05, 12:26 PM
y0 bunnies y0

e-thugs represent

http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/-sukiennik1f3b.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

got some new fur coats for a night on the town... where's e thug?

Adam
11-01-05, 12:31 PM
workin on the latest e-thug track

http://www.kissfm.de/kissmedia/a/5/ce63fc158b859932ebcf410bd9733f.jpg

crowan
11-01-05, 12:33 PM
workin on the latest e-thug track

http://www.kissfm.de/kissmedia/a/5/ce63fc158b859932ebcf410bd9733f.jpg

Bringin' new meaning to "hip hop!"

Werd

E-Thug

Adam
11-01-05, 12:45 PM
this is the 'hood where the E-thug V posse grew up south central Los Bosques

http://www.sw.imperial.ac.uk/imagelibrary%5CSilwood_summer03%5CBunnies.JPG

this is the toughest neighborhood in Los Bosques Comptbun.

crowan
11-01-05, 01:47 PM
hey, where'd this "e thug" thing come from anyway? i know you cant be serious.

If you go back to the first page of this thread, a very indignant Blackout refers to me as "some sort of e-thug."

The rest is what happens when creative minds have too much time on their hands!:highfive:

CR

urbanski
11-01-05, 02:34 PM
this is the 'hood where the E-thug V posse grew up south central Los Bosques

http://www.sw.imperial.ac.uk/imagelibrary%5CSilwood_summer03%5CBunnies.JPG

this is the toughest neighborhood in Los Bosques Comptbun.
AAHAHAHAHA
edit: oops, gave out all my points for today, lol

Adam
11-01-05, 02:41 PM
If you go back to the first page of this thread, a very indignant Blackout refers to me as "some sort of e-thug."

The rest is what happens when creative minds have too much time on their hands!:highfive:

CR

oh, i must have missed that. probably overlooked it. i seen the arguments and all but i must have missed the e thug comment. i saw bunnies so i posted pics of some to try and cool the argument. i bet this ethug thing is just fueling it... id better quit.

urbanski
11-01-05, 02:50 PM
feuling flame threads in this forum is actually normal, ~low
stick around and have some fun :devil:

Dooman
11-01-05, 02:59 PM
I love the banter, but do we need to keep seeing those wheels?!

urbanski
11-01-05, 03:48 PM
hey brother, you should come down and hang out in the lounge with some of us. ill invite you, dont worry. we were nice to urby and CTSVette. we were kind of glad to be able to socialize with our V brothers.
y0 flip me some points
i just got a red block for the SRT-8 thread
lol

Katshot
11-01-05, 04:48 PM
Has the CTS-V forum turned into a beastiality forum?:getaway:

Adam
11-01-05, 04:58 PM
y0 flip me some points
i just got a red block for the SRT-8 thread
lol

i cant, it wont let me, says i gotta spread some points around first.

Adam
11-01-05, 05:06 PM
I love the banter, but do we need to keep seeing those wheels?!

yep. i cant help it if you dont like wire wheels.

Adam
11-01-05, 05:33 PM
here you V boys go:

urbanski
11-01-05, 05:49 PM
Hoppin

Florian
11-01-05, 05:56 PM
My V does that, but in the rear of the car instead.

F

urbanski
11-01-05, 06:06 PM
that's what we need...a hoppin contest, lowriders vs Vs, front vs rear :cool:

Adam
11-01-05, 06:16 PM
My V does that, but in the rear of the car instead.

F

oh i forgot about that.

you know, when i drove my buddies dads for two weeks i never got it to do that. believe me i tried. actually i take that back, it was hell when i stomped it in the rain once.

URBY you wouldnt stand a chance:

http://sam99.republika.pl/13.jpg

Adam
11-01-05, 06:20 PM
still cant beat me

http://www.scrapebythelake.com/files/DTbenghop.jpg

oh this is some bad wheel hop right here guys

http://www.montrealmini.com/images/dak-hop.jpg

Adam
11-01-05, 06:29 PM
ok guys you all know what time it is (urby's favorite part)

story time with Low

way back when me and my buddies went to the track with our lows. got a whole bunch of looks, stole the show really. there were guys with classics and we were getting more looks (probably cause we were sitting three wheels). well we signed up to race down the track. well instead we hopped the whole 1/4. well we get to the end and all we hear is people yelling "YEAH!!! WHOOO!!!!!!!!" we pull around you know and the police are standing there telling us to go around "follow this cruiser to the building." we thought we were in trouble. we get in and the track officials ask "can you guys do this like once a week or so? get a show going and do all this?" they pointed to the window and people were still going nuts over it. we never did get anything going cause lowriding isnt that big around here. would have been great if we could. we went back outside and i parked mine three wheel. people are snapping pictures, girlies is wanting to sit in our cars and get pictures taken. some guy even laid on the ground under my wheel that was raised. he hit his head on my wheel though and i told him to be careful. i havent been to the track since. it was fun though.

urbanski
11-01-05, 06:36 PM
:cloud9:

Adam
11-01-05, 09:34 PM
no one else?

Loadtoad
11-03-05, 04:17 PM
There are so many skewed misrepresentations in the MB thread and it's sad.

The EU citizens don't hate Cadillacs! I get so many waves, thumbs up gestures, and stares that it's getting embarassing. I find people lurking around my car and admiring it when I come out of stores. They all want to look at the car, sit in the car, look under the hood, etc......

Yes, I am talking about the M series and AMG owners along with the Ferarri & Porsche people.

Unfortunately I cannot post in the forum because I have yet to get the e-mail opening my account.
But what do I know? I just live here and drive my V daily :shhh:

Katshot
11-03-05, 04:31 PM
I think you're touching on two points here. First, that American cars (especially big or sporty ones) are kind of an anomaly over in Europe. The Last time I was over there, only the rich usually had them. You are now in a land where what's exotic to us in America is rather commonplace. I think it's all relative. Many Europeans look at American cars as cool and exciting but that's also true of most anything American (at least consumer products anyway). Many other Europeans simply look down on the American cars as big, flashy and wasteful, much in the same way that Americans themselves are looked at as being in many parts of the world.
I would think that you, living in Europe and driving a 'V' at least have the benefit of driving one of the most respectable American cars since it was designed to emulate European cars, and can still cash in on what's left of the Cadillac mystique.