: Pic's from Cadtoberfest (Florida Meet)

Boombotz
10-30-05, 01:37 AM
Here are the Pic's from our meet from tonight. Had a great time and met some great people. The turn out was decent. 6 Caddys representing. People from left to right are Eldyfig, Paw47, FSU Noles wife daughter and him, Julie & Tom and daughter Boombotz, Stoneage Caddy, and NightWolf.

DopeStar 156
10-30-05, 01:43 AM
Baaahhh!! You Floridians and your weather!!! And your meets that happen!!!! *Shakes fist*

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 01:48 AM
camera done added 20 pounds on me ...cuz it sure aint the beer and lack of activity ....

yup had a good time ...

Me and Julie got in this car that ran 0-100 in 2 seconds ...that ride was freakin awesome ....it was all ran off of the catapults for Navy Carriers ....Ive been in 9 second mustangs but ive never felt anything pull that damned hard ....coarse i was asleep at the tree and cut a .11 light , still mad at myself but i beat the other cars .19

After that ride was over julie said something to the effect of "that was ****in awesome" and i was looking pretty goofy like someone caught me after sex, i needed a damn cigarette after that ....it was that damned good .....

Sandy
10-30-05, 01:07 AM
Nice photo, thanks ! Good to see Night Wolf made it down in one piece, I was wondering ....... Finally get to see Stoney, too. E'body looks nice !!

DopeStar 156
10-30-05, 02:47 AM
When Night Wolf heads back up here in the Spring we should have a meet for all the NE people! That includes you Sandy. If we have to host this meet in your front yard we will.....

Krashed989
10-30-05, 03:59 AM
Glad you guys had a good time. Hopefully I'll be able to make it on one of the future meets.

Looks like its time to revive those (inter)national caddy meet threads that my sig links to... Just cant let it be forgotten.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 05:21 AM
Glad you all had a good time. Nice to see a line of Caddies like that :D

ShadowLvr400
10-30-05, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry I missed it. The Fleetwood broke something more in the driveline friday night. I was ticked, but she's going back into the shop, just a week ahead of schedule.

FSU_Noles
10-30-05, 08:08 AM
We had a great time at the meet and it was nice to meet everyone.

I live in Orlando and have driven by Old Town many times without much thought, but it is a pretty neat place. Pretty much like a combination of a carnival and French Quarter - something for everyone. The best part is the car shows, every weekend, as we all walked in we saw some awesome rides and even some nice old cadillacs in there as well. If you ever have plans to be in Orlando over a weekend I would suggest making a trek to Old Town, it is only 5 minutes from Disney, and as Stonage and Boombotz will tell you it apparently has one hell of a cool race ride.

Now we just need to schedule a Cadillac show.....
http://www.old-town.com/classic_shows.shtml

DeVillish
10-30-05, 08:16 AM
lucky...i wana go next year when i come home. dont worry i'll park the charger on the other side of the street....:shhh:

Boombotz
10-30-05, 08:21 AM
Stoney this is the show next week. Nov. 5: Rain date for the B.O.P.C. show! Come out to see hundreds of the best Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs! For more info, please contact Bill Gray (Gray500@msn.com) via email or by cell phone at 813-263-6450.

Elvis
10-30-05, 08:51 AM
Who owns that Coupe de Ville?

They ALL look good, but that one kinda got my attention.

It's good to see everyone looking well and having a good time.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 08:54 AM
Elvis, i think that Coupe Deville belongs to Nightwolf.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 10:51 AM
Stoney this is the show next week. Nov. 5: Rain date for the B.O.P.C. show! Come out to see hundreds of the best Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Pontiacs, and Cadillacs! For more info, please contact Bill Gray (Gray500@msn.com) via email or by cell phone at 813-263-6450.
go figure...i have to work that day ....

Boombotz
10-30-05, 10:57 AM
Who owns that Coupe de Ville?

They ALL look good, but that one kinda got my attention.

It's good to see everyone looking well and having a good time.

Yes Elvis as Mccombie stated it is Nightwolf's Deville. He will be online starting Monday. He is waiting for them to fix his internet service in his house.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 11:00 AM
just a fyi he called this morning (pretty damned early ACK) he made it home fine ....i think im supposed to call him back after 2 or something ...

addison_ii
10-30-05, 12:06 PM
You people make me sick. :vomit: j/k :D I want to move.. Florida has all the best meets. Well I'm with Krashed, time to revive the National Meet threads dammit. BTW Congrats to all for such a great meet.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 12:12 PM
You people make me sick. :vomit: j/k :D I want to move.. Florida has all the best meets. Well I'm with Krashed, time to revive the National Meet threads dammit. BTW Congrats to all for such a great meet.

RobertCTS and I have been reviving today too :D

HotRodSaint
10-30-05, 12:28 PM
All those blue haired people in Florida, and you couldn't find a Fleetwood to represent? :duck:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 01:37 PM
we found one ...but apprenty he was too chicken to show up ...

HotRodSaint
10-30-05, 01:46 PM
we found one ...but apprenty he was too chicken to show up ...

After looking at your group photo, I would have been scared to be seen with you guys too!! :p

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 01:52 PM
hey now i only came home with one body in the trunk ...right boombotz ?

HotRodSaint
10-30-05, 02:26 PM
hey now i only came home with one body in the trunk ...right boombotz ?

I'm pretty sure the blue haired wasn't afraid of any physical harm coming his way.

The fear he experienced was the same fear he faces everytime he goes to wednesday night bingo.

He's afraid his friends will see him!! ;)

Ralph
10-30-05, 03:30 PM
Glad you were dressed "the season" in your orange pumpkin shirt Stoney...:thumbsup:

Whos green Eldo--Nice!

Adam
10-30-05, 04:09 PM
theres a crew i'd hate to meet in a dark alley :D.

Stoney's just wearing his UT shirt. :yup:

Glad you were dressed "the season" in your orange pumpkin shirt Stoney...:thumbsup:

Whos green Eldo--Nice!

Boombotz
10-30-05, 04:33 PM

Whos green Eldo--Nice!

LOL,

And the Eldo belonged to Eldyfig. (Tony) He is the first guy on left.

Ralph
10-30-05, 04:39 PM
LOL,

And the Eldo belonged to Eldyfig. (Tony) He is the first guy on left.

Oh, ok, So Amy couldn't make it...

Boombotz
10-30-05, 04:45 PM

No Amy had a death in her family and had to fly to NY.

Ralph
10-30-05, 04:47 PM
No Amy had a death in her family and had to fly to NY.

ANOTHER ONE!!! Oh my goodness!

Sorry Amy.

Adam
10-30-05, 04:47 PM

didnt she have to work or something?

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 05:04 PM
I was heartbroken .....:crybaby: :crying:

Boombotz
10-30-05, 05:39 PM
didnt she have to work or something?

That was first, but Julie gave her a guilt trip and she got out of work.

But yea her grandfather past last time and now her grandmother has past now.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 05:41 PM
That was first, but Julie gave her a guilt trip and she got out of work.

But yea her grandfather past last time and now her grandmother has past now.

From the same set of grandparents?

Thats hard luck. Poor girl.

Jesda
10-30-05, 05:44 PM
Neat! You guys had a meet the exact same time NICO did. I got back from Indiana a few hours ago. Met up with Wes and a few others.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=142472

Boombotz
10-30-05, 05:44 PM
Yes they were husband and wife.

DeVillish
10-30-05, 05:47 PM
wow that sucks...iam kinda in that same boat, grandpa just went, and i dunno if my grandma will last much longer now that hes gone. Ok but i dont wana bring the thread down..sorry.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 05:47 PM
Yes they were husband and wife.

Oh that is an even harder hit.

I posted about my own grandparents in the Seville forum today, about how she kept my grandfathers car for 16 years.

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56266

Sometimes one partner lives without another, lost, for many years.

Sometimes the other cannot cope with being alone, and dies of a broken heart.

Eldyfig
10-30-05, 05:54 PM
Whos green Eldo--Nice!

That would be mine. Thanks.

urbanski
10-30-05, 06:40 PM
it's kinda sad, but I can't tell the (older) models apart very well :(

Eldyfig
10-30-05, 06:55 PM
Those not very familiar with the Eldorados can never guess mine is a 94.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 07:20 PM
Those not very familiar with the Eldorados can never guess mine is a 94.

I am not particularly familier with them, although those clear indicator lights do make it look like a newer model. I had them installed after i *kick in the pants* reversed mine into a crossmember in my barn, and i had to buy all new lights, so i ended up with clear front lenses and orange bulbs before i sold it.

Also the colour, it is the same colour as the one i had, and i dont think many of the 1997+ models were painted green at all, mostly pearl white, red, dark red, and black.

Otherwise these cars were pretty much the same werent they? Save for the N* engines in later ones?

PAW 47
10-30-05, 07:49 PM
Just putting in my two cents worth. I had a great time with everyone.. I hope that we can do it again :) Hopefully the restaurant will not be out of food or drinks next time..

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 08:20 PM
Just putting in my two cents worth. I had a great time with everyone.. I hope that we can do it again :) Hopefully the restaurant will not be out of food or drinks next time..
and i get a beatter view of your opposite lock action....that was cool as you left ....and your right , she sounds beatter with the volant ...

till then , your welcome to come down here , im sure i can find a 90 Brogham to take you for the ride of your life in ...:histeric:

Eldyfig
10-31-05, 09:58 AM
Otherwise these cars were pretty much the same werent they? Save for the N* engines in later ones?

As far as the outer skin goes, one of the noticable changes in 95 were fog lamps. In 94 they weren't an option.

Some Eldorados were getting north*s in 93. By 94, they all had them.

Night Wolf
10-31-05, 10:39 AM
Hey y'all...finally got internet working :)

Yeah, it wa a blast, I had a really fun time :)

As every one said.. the Coupe is mine... in the pics it dosn't look bad... but get close up....

Stoney... sorry I called you so early, I didn't relaize the time change happened :) ah well, it's all good.

If we can get a NE club meet in the Spring, that would be SWEET!, isn't it cool that I can be half way across the country, and still bring (my) Cadillac to a Cadillac club meet? :) Plus the '79 would just be cool.... Sandy, Dope, DavesDeVille, me... who else is in PA, NJ, NY? I think we would get a nice turn out.

November 5th eh? I think I'm gonna go to that meet... maybe we can get another group together. :)

RobertCTS
10-31-05, 11:22 AM
Boomer,
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. So did we at our Ohio Meet. Curious though..how was your turnout vs what you projected? I thunk we got about 65% of those who said they would come. Purpose of my question is in the planning of the National Meet.
Bob

Boombotz
10-31-05, 11:27 AM
Boomer,
Looks like you guys had lots of fun. So did we at our Ohio Meet. Curious though..how was your turnout vs what you projected? I thunk we got about 65% of those who said they would come. Purpose of my question is in the planning of the National Meet.
Bob

We had 21 say they were coming and 14 showed. Not bad, but not great either. Yea we had a great time. I do have a video of me and Stoney in the race car but cant post it. They had a fantastic car show at this place for older cars. Friday night is the newer cars. Man I saw some nice old Caddys though.

slk230mb
10-31-05, 11:30 AM
As every one said.. the Coupe is mine... in the pics it dosn't look bad... but get close up....
Stoney... sorry I called you so early, I didn't relaize the time change happened :) ah well, it's all good.
If we can get a NE club meet in the Spring, that would be SWEET!, isn't it cool that I can be half way across the country, and still bring (my) Cadillac to a Cadillac club meet? :) Plus the '79 would just be cool.... Sandy, Dope, DavesDeVille, me... who else is in PA, NJ, NY? I think we would get a nice turn out.
November 5th eh? I think I'm gonna go to that meet... maybe we can get another group together. :)

I'd be interested in a North East meet.

RobertCTS
10-31-05, 11:38 AM
We had 21 say they were coming and 14 showed. Not bad, but not great either. Yea we had a great time. I do have a video of me and Stoney in the race car but cant post it. They had a fantastic car show at this place for older cars. Friday night is the newer cars. Man I saw some nice old Caddys though.

How about that..my 65% comes to 13.65 and you had 14 out of 21 show up.
From other activities I've been involved in 65% seems to be the norm.

RobertCTS
10-31-05, 01:27 PM
I do have a video of me and Stoney in the race car but[/B] cant post it..

Can you do still frames that you can post?

Boombotz
10-31-05, 01:29 PM
Can you do still frames that you can post?

No,it won't work.

PAW 47
10-31-05, 01:46 PM
and i get a beatter view of your opposite lock action....that was cool as you left ....and your right , she sounds beatter with the volant ...

till then , your welcome to come down here , im sure i can find a 90 Brogham to take you for the ride of your life in ...:histeric:

And that was with TC & Stabli on!!! :lildevil:

DaveSmed
10-31-05, 08:18 PM
Plus the '79 would just be cool.... Sandy, Dope, DavesDeVille, me... who else is in PA, NJ, NY? I think we would get a nice turn out.

I'd go, the last NE meet I went to was fun. (Katshot, toomanytoyz, Blackout, JJHomer83, and myself @ Englishtown) Maybe I can bring the Cad, though she's been a bit tempremental lately.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-05, 09:52 PM
no worries , i had a few things come up so i never got around to returning your call ....that was a my bad ...attention span aint what it used to be .....if you on ly knew what i did when the phone rang ....i hit the snooze button on my alarm clock , and when it didnt stop going off i broke it ....didnt realize it was my phone ....completely diffrent sounds ....but i aint so smart int he morning

Boombotz
10-31-05, 09:57 PM
Hey Stoney... FSU Noles is trying to set up our video so it can be posted. All I have to say is it was quick.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-05, 09:58 PM
i tell ya , that thing hauled some serious ass ....

Boombotz
10-31-05, 10:00 PM
i tell ya , that thing hauled some serious ass ....

It was so awesome. When it is backing us up all you here is me screaming and clapping. What a rush!!!!

Boombotz
10-31-05, 10:23 PM
Here you go. This is the video. Short and sweet. Thanks again to FSU Noles for your help. http://www.siddled.com/race.html

Adam
10-31-05, 11:14 PM
Here you go. This is the video. Short and sweet. Thanks again to FSU Noles for your help. http://www.siddled.com/race.html

Jules it didnt link. everyone just copy and paste it in your address bar.

Boombotz
11-01-05, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the heads up.l

FSU_Noles
11-01-05, 01:23 PM

I didn't watch it until later but it looked fun. I will have to head back down there some weekend and "play".

TSXBabe
11-01-05, 06:50 PM
I am sorry I missed the meet.. Looks like you all had a good time. I will have to go the next one.

Eldyfig
11-01-05, 06:58 PM
I didn't watch it until later but it looked fun. I will have to head back down there some weekend and "play".

I will head to Old Town again sometime. I would like to bring my Father In Law. He is always talking about his old Barracuda. He would have liked it. And of course the kids, they would have liked the rides. As much as I have been to Orlando, I never knew about that place. Thanks to Boombotz for bringing that place to my attention.

By the way, Booms, I need to ask my father about that nickname. Since you mentioned that name, it sounds like something I heard my father say while I was growing up. He is one of those old school Italians from Philly.

Eldyfig
11-01-05, 07:06 PM

Yeah, running out of Killians. Fortunately, the one I ordered lasted me for my meal. Ended up washing it all down with good ole H2O in the end.

Boombotz
11-01-05, 07:18 PM
I will head to Old Town again sometime. I would like to bring my Father In Law. He is always talking about his old Barracuda. He would have liked it. And of course the kids, they would have liked the rides. As much as I have been to Orlando, I never knew about that place. Thanks to Boombotz for bringing that place to my attention.

By the way, Booms, I need to ask my father about that nickname. Since you mentioned that name, it sounds like something I heard my father say while I was growing up. He is one of those old school Italians from Philly.

Yea, Me and Tom really like that place. It has something for everyone. I wish I knew they would have organized a special spot for us if I had called in advance. They would actually make it like a true Caddy meet. They would have given us our own spot in the lot even with the oldies. I had no idea until it was to late. Well it is good to know for the next time.

Boombotz
11-01-05, 07:19 PM
Yeah, running out of Killians. Fortunately, the one I ordered lasted me for my meal. Ended up washing it all down with good ole H2O in the end.

If we ever do that again I hope we get a waitress that has been on the floor more than 2 weeks. Why they did that was beyond me.

Boombotz
11-01-05, 07:21 PM
I am sorry I missed the meet.. Looks like you all had a good time. I will have to go the next one.

Yes Amy you were missed, but everyone will see you at the next meet. We all understood why you couldn't make it. I think Syoney would have much rather you been in that car then me. Though I don't think he would have been able to hear anything but your scream for the next week!!!:p

TSXBabe
11-01-05, 07:30 PM
Yes Amy you were missed, but everyone will see you at the next meet. We all understood why you couldn't make it. I think Syoney would have much rather you been in that car then me. Though I don't think he would have been able to hear anything but your scream for the next week!!!:p Thank you.. HAHAHA:histeric:

Boombotz
11-01-05, 07:45 PM
How are you tonight?

TSXBabe
11-01-05, 08:08 PM
How are you tonight?I am good thanks.. and yourself?

Adam
11-01-05, 08:42 PM

hi Amy. well i had to stop that semi truck full of chocolate. they were almost half way here from Belgium... :alchi: :helpless: ha and uh, i had to stop them. i know i know, i'm laying the crack pipe down. stepping away slowly...

TSXBabe
11-01-05, 10:13 PM
hi Amy. well i had to stop that semi truck full of chocolate. they were almost half way here from Belgium... :alchi: :helpless: ha and uh, i had to stop them. i know i know, i'm laying the crack pipe down. stepping away slowly... Chocolate??????? mmmm

Adam
11-01-05, 10:35 PM
Chocolate??????? mmmm

that chocolate i ordered for you and Jules for when you all were supposed to come up here but didnt cause youre "too cool".

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 10:35 PM
Yes Amy you were missed, but everyone will see you at the next meet. We all understood why you couldn't make it. I think Syoney would have much rather you been in that car then me. Though I don't think he would have been able to hear anything but your scream for the next week!!!:p
i woulda settled just talking over dinner ...but yah , it would have been interesting to see how she would have handled that ride ....

Good to see you back Amy ....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-03-05, 09:58 PM
Hey wolf ...finnaly fixed that damn plate light ....lucky i had a few more LED 194s , looks great back there withthe VERY slight blue tinge ...also took care of that intermittent drivers side , wireing checked good but the "bulb" checkd bad ...and i think the talights werent showing up dureing the day part of our run becuse i had the headlamps on ...

im gonna do more checking on that tho ....i really dont like the idea of them not being bright enough ....figured i fixed that

Night Wolf
11-03-05, 11:38 PM
Hey wolf ...finnaly fixed that damn plate light ....lucky i had a few more LED 194s , looks great back there withthe VERY slight blue tinge ...also took care of that intermittent drivers side , wireing checked good but the "bulb" checkd bad ...and i think the talights werent showing up dureing the day part of our run becuse i had the headlamps on ...
im gonna do more checking on that tho ....i really dont like the idea of them not being bright enough ....figured i fixed that

That is something I don't like with the Caddys, they have 1 plate light... my Olds has 2, so if 1 goes out, cops can't bother you.

Honestly, while the LED's are cool, and I really think you did a great job making them work.... I don't like them in that car. From a distance, the light is concentrated in the middle, so it looks like 1 square/round light on each side... not the sweet vertical lights the car is known for.... I dunno, the LED's really didn't light up the lens like it should, I just saw the stack of LED's that were all the way to the side.

Now the front... damn, those are nice... but just my opinion :)

DaveSmed
11-04-05, 02:23 PM
Just a thought on that.... are the Stanley-built LED third brake lights on late model Astros, Blazers, etc. about as wide as your brake lights are long? Might be able to incorporate something like that in the existing housing. Who do you get your LED bulbs from?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 07:02 PM
superlumination ....there OK ....yah ive been looking at the GM truck bars ....thats where ill prolly end up ....the other option im working on is adapting the guts from the MUCH wider 2000-2005 Devilles .....i can make it work , but im just waiting for some to be pulled off some of the totals that the bodyshop gets ....

in the early stages they looked great at night and weak dureing the day ...i was running a very neat Set , that luminated the whole fixtoure without the pinpointing situation ive got now int he 2nd down area.....so as i chased beatter day time visibility they got worse looking at night till ive ended up where wolf has pointed out ...im still not happy with it to say the least ....

my 3rd idea is the one i really wanna do and thats to gut the whole thing , and run a smoked clear lense mounted flush to the fin and the 2000-2005 setup recessed back a ways in the fin ....i made a lense the other night and fitted it up , looks really neat ....nice clean smooth look

Im VERY happy with how the front came out however ....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 07:03 PM
beavis and butthead is on comedy central ...gotta go