: Please Help!

bmw745ion19s
10-29-05, 11:15 PM
I'm sure someone can tell me an easy way of checking this. I've been driving an 03+ Escalade the past couple of days. The dealer I take one of my cars to gave it to me while it was there being serviced. I'm trying to figure out if it has the 6.0 or the 5.3. I know previously all 2wd's had the 5.3 and all awd's had the 6 liter however, this year both have it. Can you all please tell me an easy way to figure this out? The owners manual isn't present and the door stickers don't indicate an obvious answer either. Thanks!!!!!!!

Adam
10-29-05, 11:57 PM
I'm sure someone can tell me an easy way of checking this. I've been driving an 03+ Escalade the past couple of days. The dealer I take one of my cars to gave it to me while it was there being serviced. I'm trying to figure out if it has the 6.0 or the 5.3. I know previously all 2wd's had the 5.3 and all awd's had the 6 liter however, this year both have it. Can you all please tell me an easy way to figure this out? The owners manual isn't present and the door stickers don't indicate an obvious answer either. Thanks!!!!!!!

did you try opening the hood and looking under it? that will usually tell you. :D:thumbsup:

ok in all seriousness seeing as it is a dealer lender, it probably has the 5.3. i could be wrong but i am about 99% sure it is a 5.3. do you plan on buying an Escalade or something?

Boombotz
10-30-05, 01:11 AM
Check the 5th digit of the Vin. If it is a "C". It is the 2wd and the 5.3. If it is a "K". It is the 4wd and the 6.0.

Falkolade
10-30-05, 01:51 PM
ok in all seriousness seeing as it is a dealer lender, it probably has the 5.3. i could be wrong but i am about 99% sure it is a 5.3. do you plan on buying an Escalade or something?[/quote]

I wouldn't agree with this... My dealer has top of the line rides for their loaners. Last time I dropped of the escalade had a v-8 sts with nav and everything, and I have in the past been given a H3, a deville, but the models we're the top of the line sunroof, and all tricked out... All dealers operate differently though.

Adam
10-30-05, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't agree with this... My dealer has top of the line rides for their loaners. Last time I dropped of the escalade had a v-8 sts with nav and everything, and I have in the past been given a H3, a deville, but the models we're the top of the line sunroof, and all tricked out... All dealers operate differently though.

hmm not around here, they give you a base Cadillac and if you own a chevy or something, they give you a base cobalt or cavalier. my friend had a problem with his Escalade (check engine light kept poping up and a creeking noise in the front end) and they gave him a base Deville. guess it depends on the dealer.

Boombotz
10-30-05, 04:31 PM
hmm not around here, they give you a base Cadillac and if you own a chevy or something, they give you a base cobalt or cavalier. my friend had a problem with his Escalade (check engine light kept poping up and a creeking noise in the front end) and they gave him a base Deville. guess it depends on the dealer.

We usually get a Escalade if they have it there or we get a Deville.

Adam
10-30-05, 04:37 PM
We usually get a Escalade if they have it there or we get a Deville.

i forgot to add that they gave him a 2000-01 Deville. this was this year too when he took it in. had the older symbols on it. he liked it, but it wasnt "his Escalade", id rather have a Deville, but thats just me. i tried to get him to trade it in on a 2005 DHS but he wouldnt do it. oh, his Escalade is an 05.

boatmanea
10-30-05, 11:18 PM
Ditto boombotz on the VIN to check the engine.

As far as rentals. As long as I schedule an appointment, my dealer gives me a new 'lade while mine is in the shop. rarely, when they're busy, they'll give me an alternate SUV (trailblazer, expedition, H3). Only once they gave me a CTS - very peppy ride, but too low for my taste. :)

fast66
10-31-05, 08:03 AM
no dealers in san diego give cadillac loaners

csmooth79
10-31-05, 02:35 PM
Ditto boombotz on the VIN to check the engine.

As far as rentals. As long as I schedule an appointment, my dealer gives me a new 'lade while mine is in the shop. rarely, when they're busy, they'll give me an alternate SUV (trailblazer, expedition, H3). Only once they gave me a CTS - very peppy ride, but too low for my taste. :)

Me too, last warranty repair 05 lade, this time 06 cts. Cute car, but I just couldnt see me owning one.

Guys, my dealer doesnt give out the cars like my lexus dealer. My cadi dealer (Autoteam Delaware) rents them from enterprise. Is this normal? Why?