: QA1 Shocks?

Blacksport350
10-29-05, 08:28 PM
Anyone compared the FG2 shocks to the QA1 shocks? I'm having a hard time deciding between the two and they are about the same price. Nice thing about the FG2s is they are valved for the car. Nice thing about the QA1s is that they are externally adjustable so they are valved however you want! Hmmmmmm?! :hmm:

For those that aren't aware of these, here is a link:

http://www.qa1.net/

rgd
10-30-05, 01:55 AM
I havn't compared the them, but I do have the QA1's installed on my car. If you are interested I can give you an update on my experiences so far.
bob

Blacksport350
10-30-05, 07:27 AM
I havn't compared the them, but I do have the QA1's installed on my car. If you are interested I can give you an update on my experiences so far.
bob

Please do! I assume that you are running stock springs so what was the performance increase over stock and any downside? Also, any improvement with wheel hop? Typically a stiffer suspension is slightly less prone to hop so I can hope right?! :rolleyes:

rgd
10-30-05, 12:08 PM
Please do! I assume that you are running stock springs so what was the performance increase over stock and any downside? Also, any improvement with wheel hop? Typically a stiffer suspension is slightly less prone to hop so I can hope right?! :rolleyes:

To save myself some time you can read another post titled Eibach Coilover's on pg 5, it can be a bit long winded as I was somewhat frustrated when I wrote it but...

Short answer, I have stock springs in front w/1/3 coil cut from the bottom and Eibach spring on the back. The wheel hop was already taken care of via Kars Cradle kit. (highly recomended) Not only helps w/wheel hop tightens up the rear end helps with cornering. Overall, I like the shocks and ease of adjustability, but I am still looking for a stiffer set of springs.