: OnStar Phone

frank_rizzo
10-29-05, 06:38 PM
Is anyone using the OnStar phone with Verizon service ? If so can you give me any details such as cost, service, can your cell phone have the same number. I called Verizon today and the person I spoke to could not answer half my questions. She then gave me a phone number for OnStar but they only had limited information.

Thanks...

miked
10-29-05, 08:01 PM
Try this link:

http://www.vzwshop.com/onstar/

frank_rizzo
10-29-05, 11:47 PM
Thanks...

Larry05
10-31-05, 01:15 PM
Looks like you have to sign up for 700 minutes at $69.95/month.

My current plan is $39.95 and don't even use up those minutes.

DVC-Don
10-31-05, 08:14 PM
Ours is anolog so this is not avail to us.

miked
11-01-05, 12:40 AM
Some SRX's are digital, some are analog. Mine is digital (2005).

louisn
11-01-05, 09:16 AM
Some SRX's are digital, some are analog. Mine is digital (2005).
Some are analogue and also digital ready. Evidently if you're digital ready, Cadillac will upgrade your system to digital for free if you buy onstar for 3 years. Supposedly, analogue is being phased out in 2008. I think some 2004's are just analogue and will be outmoded if the 2008 analogue phase out actually happens. If you can convert and are going to keep onstar and the srx for 3 years anway, seem like the right thing to do.

DVC-Don
11-01-05, 08:58 PM
I figure by 2008 we'll be on to another vehicle, so no upgrade for us as we'll not buy 3 years of OnStar.

Larry05
11-01-05, 09:31 PM
I have 3 years left on my lease and doubt I will be returning to an SRX.

Interesting vehicle, but too many other and better alternatives.

robhersch
11-02-05, 05:50 AM
How can I tell whether my 2005 SRX V8 has analog or digital??

louisn
11-02-05, 09:51 AM
How can I tell whether my 2005 SRX V8 has analog or digital??
You can do it online if you have registered with GM or just ask onstar from your car. The second method is easier. Online you need your VIN # and account number, I think.

rackey
11-02-05, 08:44 PM
Go to www.onstarenrollment.com and type in your VIN and it will tell you. i seem to get variable responses from the onstar reps.

Larry05
11-05-05, 10:44 AM
Anyone know what the digital upgrade costs? Mine is analog.

ewill3rd
11-05-05, 11:06 AM
You pay a 3 year subscription for the plan you want if your vehicle is upgradable.

Customers who wish to upgrade their vehicle to an OnStar® Generation 6 Dual-mode (analog/digital) system will be required to purchase a 3-year, non-refundable subscription to OnStar®. If they agree to this, they will be eligible for an upgrade, which will be provided to them at no additional cost. To participate in this program, the customer will pay the dealership for the 3-year subscription. Your dealership's open account will be charged for the upgrade package so you must collect payment from your customer. The prices for the three upgrade packages are as follows:
• 3-year Safety and Security (S&S) ADT package: $549 plus tax (if applicable)
• 3-year Directions and Connections (D&C) ADT package: $1099 plus tax (if applicable)
• 3-year Luxury and Leisure (L&L) ADT package: $2159 plus tax (if applicable)
Important: If the customer sells their upgraded vehicle prior to the end of the 3-year subscription, any unused whole months of their subscription can be transferred to their next purchased or leased OnStar®-equipped General Motors vehicle.
Important: The new Dual-mode (analog/digital) OnStar® Vehicle Communication Interface Module (VCIM) that will be installed into the customer's vehicle, as part of this upgrade, will have a new telephone number assigned to it. There is no way to transfer the customer's current telephone number to the new system.
Important: Only vehicles listed in this bulletin will be eligible for the digital-upgrade program. You may also determine vehicle upgradeability by typing the VIN into the appropriate field on www.onstarenrollment.com (http://www.onstarenrollment.com).

I attached the form you need to fill out and take to your dealer.
Let them fill in their own information.

67Yv8t
11-09-05, 08:54 PM
right now their upgrading if you sign up for 3 years. In two years, My guess is that if you are still paying the onstar fees, they won't want to let you go just because you have antiquated equipment. They make the swap, maybe for a 3 year contract, maybe for a 1 year contract maybe just to keep you paying the monthly.

I asked about a long term contract discount but since they are phasing out, they won't sign more than a 1 year contract. It'll be long before 2008 when they will want to upgrade you at any cost.