: SRT-8 Sighting

Katshot
10-29-05, 05:43 PM
Was at Englishtown, NJ today for what was "supposed" to be a CTS-V gathering. I figured I'd go and see for myself what your cars will actually do at the track. Unfortunately only one of you guys showed up and even he left pretty quick. I hung out and watched a few rounds of racing until I got tired and cold and headed for home. There WERE a ton of MOPARs there though and they were running pretty damn good. The stock HEMI-powered cars were the only ones I could mess with. They were running mid-14's. There were modified ones running all kinds of times, but the best one (for me) was the brand new 300 SRT-8. I only watched his first run and it was a 12.9 BONE STOCK guys! He even had the stock air filter in it. Here's a link to another thread in which I posted a picture of the car.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491960&postcount=18

SRT8/BMW
10-31-05, 11:20 PM
Was at Englishtown, NJ today for what was "supposed" to be a CTS-V gathering. I figured I'd go and see for myself what your cars will actually do at the track. Unfortunately only one of you guys showed up and even he left pretty quick. I hung out and watched a few rounds of racing until I got tired and cold and headed for home. There WERE a ton of MOPARs there though and they were running pretty damn good. The stock HEMI-powered cars were the only ones I could mess with. They were running mid-14's. There were modified ones running all kinds of times, but the best one (for me) was the brand new 300 SRT-8. I only watched his first run and it was a 12.9 BONE STOCK guys! He even had the stock air filter in it. Here's a link to another thread in which I posted a picture of the car.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=491960&postcount=18

yeah, but he got beat by the stock Charger SRT8, which ran 12.8.....:thepan:

MCaesar
11-01-05, 08:26 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,

That is the sound of silence coming from stock CTS-V owners after seeing those times.

Katshot
11-01-05, 08:48 AM
yeah, but he got beat by the stock Charger SRT8, which ran 12.8.....:thepan:

Ya know, I THOUGHT one of them ran a 12.8 but my son said they both did 12.9's. I figured it was just me and my memory again.....
Were you there? How many times did the SRT-8's run? Did you see the bike do the 7.60? Did you get the trap speed? (sorry for all the questions)
The 300 was at the front of his lane but I was getting cold and bored with the endless parade of Corvettes so I left.

Katshot
11-01-05, 08:49 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen,
That is the sound of silence coming from stock CTS-V owners after seeing those times.

Yeah it is. 150 Viewings and NO RESPONCES. Cat's got their tonques I guess.

MCaesar
11-01-05, 09:37 AM
One of them did run a 12.8 twice

completely stock

11-01-05, 09:42 AM
yet another SRT-8 troll thread. Must be the 100th. Go figure. E-thug, pass da popcorn for our peeps and me.

NIK
11-01-05, 09:44 AM

No stock CTS-V has ever turned a 12.9? Seems to me I've seen written somewhere that some have. I believe even one of the magazines reported that they did. Speak up, guys.

Anyway, it's no big deal to mash the pedal and go with an automatic such as the SRT-8's are. Besides, I'll take my "V" anytime, no questions asked (for a host of reasons.) I don't drag race, but fix (or work around) the wheel hop and you're all set to drag your asses off if that's what you want to do. Me, I prefer the twisties and the occasional stop light launch which doesn't require smokey burn-outs. The "V" hasn't let me down yet.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 09:47 AM

Scanned slips?

Look first....we know some cars are faster than our Vs. We do not think the Vs are the fastest car on the streets. People are not responding because it has nothing to do with our V. It's like me saying a stock CLK 320 ran a 14 something...hey this is great for them but I personally don't care. :canttalk:

Second…The V should be faster than the SRT8 according to the rags…but it would be close and in most cases it will depend on the driver. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear a SRT guy bragging that he beat a V & vise versa. ;)

Third…Do I know if the SRT ran a 12.9…no. I have no idea if your memory was wrong like it was on the charger. Was it stock…well you said yes, but I don’t know if it was or not. :suspense:

Just too many unknowns and we don’t need to get bent outta shape on a car we care nothing about….ya know?

Now on to important things…when is the new V coming out? :bouncy:

Katshot
11-01-05, 10:37 AM
Scanned slips?

Look first....we know some cars are faster than our Vs. We do not think the Vs are the fastest car on the streets. People are not responding because it has nothing to do with our V. It's like me saying a stock CLK 320 ran a 14 something...hey this is great for them but I personally don't care. :canttalk:

Second…The V should be faster than the SRT8 according to the rags…but it would be close and in most cases it will depend on the driver. It wouldn’t surprise me to hear a SRT guy bragging that he beat a V & vise versa. ;)

Third…Do I know if the SRT ran a 12.9…no. I have no idea if your memory was wrong like it was on the charger. Was it stock…well you said yes, but I don’t know if it was or not. :suspense:

Just too many unknowns and we don’t need to get bent outta shape on a car we care nothing about….ya know?

Now on to important things…when is the new V coming out? :bouncy:

Why am I not surprised you have nothing nice to say? :suspect:
Can you not be excited about anything but a 'V'? Gimme a break already, I would think that a true enthusiast would be excited about most any car accomplishing such a level of performance, especially since it's an American muscle car. How about a little American pride? A little good old excitement about the state of affairs in the American muscle car rennessance? No, instead you choose to take shots at the car and the guy bringing the information. Let's guess why I get into it with you guys from time to time. You act like children for Christ's sake. I don't own a Chrysler but I can be excited about the SRT-8 mainly because as long as an American OEM continues to build these kinds of cars, we ALL benefit. A little healthy rivalry is ALWAYS good for the industry. There's no reason to take it beyond that though.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 10:49 AM
Here is where I go for V related info, hence the reason the top of the thread says, "Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum Forum specifically for Cadillac CTS-V series discussions."

If I wanted to read about Mustangs, SRT 8s and Neons...I would read car enthusist magazines...which I do.

Personaly I'm glad they make a SRT-8...I really like that car as I do the new Z06. I love American muscle cars...I just don't care to read about it here in the V forum.

crowan
11-01-05, 11:32 AM
yet another SRT-8 troll thread. Must be the 100th. Go figure. E-thug, pass da popcorn for our peeps and me.

E-Thug in the hizzie!!

Katshot and Blackout are a father/son team? On, snap!!:histeric:

Da Thug is down for the SRT-8. You know how we do. Gimme some 23" DUBs with spinners, a Bentley grill, neon license plate brackets, and 10 video screens....the whip is off the hook!

Thank God we have Grand Master K and Lil' K to hook a brother up with this valuable 411. Go Katshot, go Katshot, its your birthday.:worship:

Once again, don't hate the playa, hate the game.

Booya!

E-thug

urbanski
11-01-05, 11:54 AM
kitties

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 11:57 AM
kitties

STOP WITH THE KITTENS! :rant2:

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 12:04 PM
Three cheers for the Red White and Blue.....but the 300's are assembled in Canada.....

crowan
11-01-05, 12:08 PM
kitties

Kitties are so light and fluffy! With a kitty behind the wheel an SRT-8 could probably run a 12.7

I want one! (the kitty, not the Chrysler)

CR

lawfive
11-01-05, 12:30 PM
Speaker for the Hemi sayeth:

"A bit more weight, but also a bit more power: equal. A slushbox, meaning no shift lag: at least equal, and maybe a point for the SRT8 depending on the driver in the V (translation: your grandmother can shift the Chrysler at least as well as you can shift the Cadillac). The ability to routinely hook up that power on launch: a point for the SRT8.

"Moral: take on the SRT8 in the twisties. If you take it on stock at the dragstrip you are a true warrior... so you must not cry if it leaves you in the 13's."

keeksv
11-01-05, 01:52 PM
If anything, the fact that the SRT8s are doing well (high 12's) at the track is old news, readable on the SRT8 forum and in magazines. Nice cars.

ew

trekster
11-01-05, 01:55 PM
How do the SRT-8's Compare to our V's from roll-ons?

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 02:03 PM
I just bought a new 300C for an employee - not an SRT granted, but park the cars next to each other and you'll see the difference. The V's details, jewel like facias and attention to design such as the way the interior portion of the doors pick up on the exterior metal creases, make it obvious it's on a higher level.

I waited for the Chargers to come out - looked at them and feel asleep (boring). Then I checked out my V....love it (except the damn clunk).

And don't forget, there is a price to be paid for exclusivity - The V is a clear cut above and you won't see 12 of'em in your neighborhood.

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 02:12 PM
I just bought a new 300C for an employee - not an SRT granted, but park the cars next to each other and you'll see the difference. The V's details, jewel like facias and attention to design such as the way the interior portion of the doors pick up on the exterior metal creases, make it obvious it's on a higher level.

I waited for the Chargers to come out - looked at them and feel asleep (boring). Then I checked out my V....love it (except the damn clunk).

And don't forget, there is a price to be paid for exclusivity - The V is a clear cut above and you won't see 12 of'em in your neighborhood.

You wont see 12 SRT-8s in your neighborhood either

VELOSE
11-01-05, 02:35 PM
Someone bring on an SRT-8 from a rolling start, and throw a kitty with Crowman e-thugness vocabulary as my passenger, and it's on.

It'll be over like Snoop Dogg said, "Like a referree with a wizzle my nizzle."

urbanski
11-01-05, 02:39 PM
STOP WITH THE KITTENS! :rant2:
fine

this thread is now about BABY GOATS
http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/Baby20Goat787.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 02:45 PM
fine

this thread is now about BABY GOATS
http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/Baby20Goat787.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

Do you think it would be more productive if the other 2 moderators posted Goats on this forum. Maybe we can just turn this into a goat forum. You know it's getting bad when a mod is posting goat pics on a car forum, geez!

urbanski
11-01-05, 02:52 PM
Do you think it would be more productive if the other 2 moderators posted Goats on this forum. Maybe we can just turn this into a goat forum. You know it's getting bad when a mod is posting goat pics on a car forum, geez!
you guys have complained when we lock things so here we are

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 03:05 PM
I knew you were posting kittens because people complained.

JUST LET THE THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!! Why post kittens????? Is that what a Mod is supposed to do????

Let it die and it will go away unless someone has some relevant information about the subject.

trekster
11-01-05, 03:10 PM
Ski, now I know why Sanjay doesn't want you as a mod. Nazi mod! LOL

11-01-05, 03:30 PM
Urb, please keep doing exactly what your doing. The timing and placement has been right on the money.

I suspect the rest of the peeps in the posse would agree. Not sure about the snakeweenies though.

-hung like a poodle

lawfive
11-01-05, 03:36 PM
On the Urbanski scale of 0 - 10, I give the baby goat a 'B'. Don't worry, Urby: there's always at least a 1% chance that at least 1% of a given population won't like the next thing you post.

Got any gerbil pictures? No special reason for asking, so don't be thinking that there is.

urbanski
11-01-05, 03:45 PM
http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/gerbilfa6.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

urbanski
11-01-05, 03:46 PM
Ski, now I know why Sanjay doesn't want you as a mod. Nazi mod! LOL
i was a mod for a whopping 3 weeks, paid for 4, and spent 90% of the time KCd. bah. lol

crowan
11-01-05, 03:51 PM
I knew you were posting kittens because people complained.

JUST LET THE THREAD DIE!!!!!!!!! Why post kittens????? Is that what a Mod is supposed to do????

Let it die and it will go away unless someone has some relevant information about the subject.

DONT"T BE A PLAYA HATA!:thehand:

And never diss da kitties.:tisk:

Urb, you are the M to the A to the N!

E-thug Out

lawfive
11-01-05, 03:52 PM
Ahhhh... gerbils!

urbanski
11-01-05, 03:52 PM
y0 guys flip me some points y0
i got a red block for this thread y0

word y0

VELOSE
11-01-05, 03:58 PM
Yo, sent ya some cheez'. Much love.......

keeksv
11-01-05, 04:18 PM
[quote=lawfive]

Got any gerbil pictures? quote]

Go fish......Got any sheep?

Katshot
11-01-05, 04:32 PM
You guys are OUT THERE!!!!!!!!:bulging:

trekster
11-01-05, 04:42 PM
i was a mod for a whopping 3 weeks, paid for 4, and spent 90% of the time KCd. bah. lol lol ouch.

04CTSVFLA
11-01-05, 04:55 PM
E-Thug in the hizzie!!

Katshot and Blackout are a father/son team? On, snap!!

Da Thug is down for the SRT-8. You know how we do. Gimme some 23" DUBs with spinners, a Bentley grill, neon license plate brackets, and 10 video screens....the whip is off the hook!

Thank God we have Grand Master K and Lil' K to hook a brother up with this valuable 411. Go Katshot, go Katshot, its your birthday.

Booya!

E-thug

Im black, and dont take what you said very lightly at all. Sometimes watch what you say man, you are clearly poking fun at color. And I dont give a **** if you were kidding, your a jackass whity.

04CTSVFLA
11-01-05, 04:57 PM
YEA MODS - find a better day job. Its sad you need to POWER TRIP on a caddillac forum - GROW UP.

Adam
11-01-05, 05:03 PM
YEA MODS - find a better day job. Its sad you need to POWER TRIP on a caddillac forum - GROW UP.

he's trying to change the subject so that it wont get locked and your saying he's "power tripping"?

Adam
11-01-05, 05:05 PM
Urb, please keep doing exactly what your doing. The timing and placement has been right on the money.

I suspect the rest of the peeps in the posse would agree. Not sure about the snakeweenies though.

-hung like a poodle

:yeah:

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 05:36 PM
lol....something told me this one would get outta hand. :rofl:

Ok...it was just a suggestion but hey maybe we should all start posting picks of animals! I think I posted one....whats the ugliest animal pic you can find???? :duck:

crowan
11-01-05, 05:38 PM
E-Thug in the hizzie!!

Katshot and Blackout are a father/son team? On, snap!!

Thank God we have Grand Master K and Lil' K to hook a brother up with this valuable 411. Go Katshot, go Katshot, its your birthday.

Booya!

E-thug

Im black, and dont take what you said very lightly at all. Sometimes watch what you say man, you are clearly poking fun at color. And I dont give a **** if you were kidding, your a jackass whity.

Wouldn't you know that this beotch would wander into E-Thugs hizzie. Don't play the race card here grasshopper. Hip hop is a global thang and can't be confined by race. I am the hip hop life style.

This is E-Thugs's world and you're just a squirrel tring to get a nut. Before you pull out that card again, do a bit of research first so at least you will know why you are making a fool of yourself. Drawing racial conclusions based on e-mails can be a dangerous thing to do.

Now, be gone. E-Thug has tired of your lack of hip hoppissy.

One love

E

Adam
11-01-05, 05:45 PM
....whats the ugliest animal pic you can find???? :duck:

have you posted a pic of yourself?:D

urbanski
11-01-05, 05:52 PM
http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/uglyja0e.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 05:59 PM
Yo E-Thug....

Haven't a clue what you're talking about where somebody was poking fun at color - though I do agree that mutual respect is paramont. But "jackass whity"? Did you mean whitey? Don't need that - was enjoying reading your poetic flair until that.

crowan
11-01-05, 06:01 PM
he's trying to change the subject so that it wont get locked and your saying he's "power tripping"?

Low

Don't pay any attention to 04CTSVFLA. In his short time on the forum, he has hard a hard time fitting in and gets flamed more often than anyone here. Maybe over time, he will mellow out a bit. Maybe.

E

04CTSVFLA
11-01-05, 06:02 PM
how about a bring out the LAWYER card *******. Man you have no respect.

crowan
11-01-05, 06:03 PM
Yo E-Thug....

Haven't a clue what you're talking about where somebody was poking fun at color - though I do agree that mutual respect is paramont. But "jackass whity"? Did you mean whitey? Don't need that - was enjoying reading your poetic flair until that.

Zip

That was not my post.

E

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 06:06 PM
Yeah - just figured that out E - my bad. Liked your reply to it though.

Adam
11-01-05, 06:06 PM
how about a bring out the LAWYER card *******. Man you have no respect.

i wasnt flaming him, just asking why he said they were power tripping cause he was trying to change the subject?

listen 04, no one is trying to put down another race, its joking around and not intended to offend you. if you are offended this easily though... that is another story. i apologize if you were. dont look so much into it, joke around back, yell kill whity for all i care, it wont bother no one.

urbanski
11-01-05, 06:08 PM
damn, i sure picked a fine time to run out of rep power for the day
:p

urbanski
11-01-05, 06:09 PM
Zip

That was not my post.

E
i promise to give you points, Mr. E-Thug, tomorrow when I have more to give...please don't internet beat me up :(

04CTSVFLA
11-01-05, 06:14 PM
The fact that he didnt recieve negative karma for that amazes me. Why just cause hes a mod he cant get negative karma even though he blatantly was an *******, not directly towards me but my color. AND it does offend me, and he should of thought about writing that before he posted it. I went through enough color shit in my life, and I dont plan to let my race be made fun of or taken advantage of on some internet forum by someone.

crowan
11-01-05, 06:15 PM
Yeah - just figured that out E - my bad. Liked your reply to it though.

Its all good Ice-Z. There's no shame in your game!

Peace

E-T

Joey'sVee
11-01-05, 06:15 PM
have you posted a pic of yourself?:D

yeah....i'm a little on the hairy side though! :histeric:

CRZY747
11-01-05, 06:18 PM
Jeeze people common, went form cat to goat to racism, give it a break.

I have been through enought color shit in my life to, and I am guess what you would call a whty. We have been taken advantage of also, who hasn't, but really common give it a break. Why does this race card always come out with people. Arent we all purple

J

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-01-05, 06:21 PM
Ice-Z - like that.

So 04 - if you're tired of color shit - stop looking seeking it and let it die.

crowan
11-01-05, 06:27 PM
how about a bring out the LAWYER card *******. Man you have no respect.:alchi: :alchi:

Serenity now. Serenity now. Serenity now.

crowan
11-01-05, 06:33 PM
The only color I care about is the color of my V when I cruise past a pack of SRT-8s, although they may be green with envy!:burn:

E-Thug, just chillin.

Adam
11-01-05, 06:34 PM
The fact that he didnt recieve negative karma for that amazes me. Why just cause hes a mod he cant get negative karma even though he blatantly was an *******, not directly towards me but my color. AND it does offend me, and he should of thought about writing that before he posted it. I went through enough color shit in my life, and I dont plan to let my race be made fun of or taken advantage of on some internet forum by someone.

im talking about urby. he posted a pic of a bunny so as to change the subject. listen i hear what your saying, dont get me wrong, i know what you have been through. dude i didnt even know what racism was til i moved to tennessee. no one is taking advantage of your race... things like this get blown way out of proportion. did you read back through what happened though? i dont know if it was in this section or not. someone called Crowan an "e thug" for one reason or another. we just blew back at that statement. im sure Crowan is not racist and has nothing but the utmost respect for African Americans. ok brother? lets just cool it down now... everyone.

Adam
11-01-05, 06:37 PM
yeah....i'm a little on the hairy side though! :histeric:

THE MISSING LINK!!!!!!! do you want me to run down the Gillette truck for you? get you some razors and all?:p

urbanski
11-01-05, 06:47 PM
if somebody were being blatently a "********" i have the ability to edit the post. So far I haven't seen anything cross the line. If you think a line is crossed, please, exercise your rights to:
1. leave
or
2. click the small triangle upper right of a post to report it. The admins get an e-mail and they can decide.

oh and you're dead wrong dude, mods CAN get negative rep and in fact somebody dinged me already for this thread. Deal with it.

lawfive
11-01-05, 07:00 PM
:alchi: :alchi:

Serenity now. Serenity now. Serenity now.

Hey, Serenity, now you're talkin'! Great movie. "She's about to disturb my calm."

11-01-05, 07:28 PM
Anybody got any more popcorn? I'm all out, but this Thrilla without vanilla got me glued to the screen.

E-thug, da posse got your back. Ain't gonna let nobody put a cap in y'ass.

Ice ice baby.

-still hung like a poodle

urbanski
11-01-05, 07:31 PM
POODLE

http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/boudreaux_poodle423.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

VELOSE
11-01-05, 07:55 PM
Time to change the scenary....
http://images12.fotki.com/v236/photos/1/197993/1389349/IMGP0985-vi.jpg

urbanski
11-01-05, 08:08 PM
giraffe butts

CaddyGeek
11-01-05, 08:40 PM
Ok... so it's one model year until GM fixes the hop? We know the engineers can do it if they set their minds to something.

Example: The C5 Vette (which I own) was always second class to the Viper until the C6 Z06. Great article in December's Car and Driver... Z06 vs Viper article... "THIS COMPARISON WAS OVER BEFORE IT STARTED. The Z06 beat or tied the Viper in every performance catagory" and was picked as the preferred daily driver... Blah blah blah.

Hopefully, when the 07 CTS-V comes out, the results will be the same... until then it's a driver's race from a light and (as law5 said) beware the hop when facing the SRT-8 at the strip... unless you, like law5, have a maggie and / or some laughing gas. Yes there are other ways to beat an SRT-8 at the strip, a few have drag radials, tunes, head-cam packages, etc but stock for stock something has to go wrong in the other lane (bad reaction time, excessive tire spin, autostick gear change a second too late that bangs the rev limiter, etc) for a V to get the win light.

I hate saying it, but it's true. I would've sold the Vette and got a CTS-V by now, if not for the diff and suspension issues. Even if the next generation V doesn't solve the problems, I won't buy an SRT-8, but I may look at an M3. Flame away or not, my member name should be an indication of my Cadillac Roots. I really wanted to have a V by now, but I'll wait another 12 months. Having one means that much to me.

Listen up GM, I doubt I'm the only one on the fence...

My $0.02 fellas

crowan
11-01-05, 08:57 PM
Caddy Geek:

You won't find many people willing to flame your post, or even disagree with you. I think you'll find that most people on the V board share your desire to see Cadillac swing for the fence rather than being satisfied with 2nd, 3rd, or 4th place. We bought a V because it represented something special in the market place, not because it was a Caddie. We love the car and appreciate the fact that Caddie made the effort.

However, we are in the midst of the Second Great Musclecar War, and the bar keeps getting higher. I'm old enough to remember the musclecar era of the 1960s and there were so many hot cars to choose from that it was a constant battle for manufacturers to win buyers' dollars. That's where we are today. Lucky us. Chevy has stepped up to the plate with a spectacular new Z06 that sets a whole new performance/value standard.

What will Caddie do? Hopefully, they won't allow the M3, the SRT-8 series, Audi, and others to blow past them on the performance stage while relying on the been-there-done-that LS2. Its one thing to win new customers. Keeping them requires constant progress as well.

CR

thebigjimsho
11-03-05, 02:07 PM
Wow, I'm offline for a couple days and look at what I miss.

With eminem as an accepted figure in hip hop culture and Snoop Dogg pimpin' Chryslers whilst playing golf with Lee Iococca(sp?), I feel it's dangerous to presume anyone's intent when deciphering how people talk and why they talk like they do. Is crowan even white anyways?

As for the initial poster, I didn't particularly care for the tone Katshot was using in calling V owners out for not being there. I had a 3 paragraph response as to weather up here, people's trailers failing and so on... But I decided I was being too sensitive and decided not to post. I would've LOVED to see some SRT-8s. The fact I wasn't there had more to do with the fact it was snowing up here and I decided I didn't want to drive 5 hours and test the Dunlops.

crowan
11-03-05, 02:22 PM
Wow, I'm offline for a couple days and look at what I miss.

With eminem as an accepted figure in hip hop culture and Snoop Dogg pimpin' Chryslers whilst playing golf with Lee Iococca(sp?), I feel it's dangerous to presume anyone's intent when deciphering how people talk and why they talk like they do. Is crowan even white anyways?

As for the initial poster, I didn't particularly care for the tone Katshot was using in calling V owners out for not being there. I had a 3 paragraph response as to weather up here, people's trailers failing and so on... But I decided I was being too sensitive and decided not to post. I would've LOVED to see some SRT-8s. The fact I wasn't there had more to do with the fact it was snowing up here and I decided I didn't want to drive 5 hours and test the Dunlops.

See what happens when you don't check-in? We all took a round trip journey into the Twilight Zone and you missed the whole thing! :histeric:

CR

urbanski
11-03-05, 02:26 PM
yeah and i really got somebody's panties in a wad for dousing the flames with bunny pics. lol
oops here come more negative points :p

Luna.
11-03-05, 03:26 PM
http://i4.cashmoneyuploads.com/img/uglyja0e.jpg (http://www.cashmoneyuploads.com/)

Animal rules...

Ziplicon Tuesday
11-04-05, 09:43 PM
Hey for what it's worth, since the 12.8 and 12.9 claims started this thread, I thought I'd mention motor trend tested the SRT8 at 13.5 @ 106.3.....they also pointed out the shifting difficulty with harnessing the power of the GTO in the test (although it was quicker: 13.3 @ 105.9).

CVP33
11-04-05, 09:58 PM
Hey for what it's worth, since the 12.8 and 12.9 claims started this thread, I thought I'd mention motor trend tested the SRT8 at 13.5 @ 106.3.....they also pointed out the shifting difficulty with harnessing the power of the GTO in the test (although it was quicker: 13.3 @ 105.9).

Don't be comin' in ma' house and be all representin' facts an' shiiiii'.

My first, last and only attempt at E-thugness. :lildevil:

crowan
11-05-05, 12:14 AM
Don't be comin' in ma' house and be all representin' facts an' shiiiii'.

My first, last and only attempt at E-thugness. :lildevil:

Oh snap!

Vanilla-E in the Hizzie!

Dave's V
11-05-05, 12:27 AM
I went away from a couple days and find a 4 page post about the SRT 8 and times that are 1/2 quicker than any magazine. Maybe this topic should have been moved to the chat room.

11-05-05, 07:37 AM
I went away from a couple days and find a 4 page post about the SRT 8 and times that are 1/2 quicker than any magazine. Maybe this topic should have been moved to the chat room.

Forum member are using high-speed internet; magazines may still use dialup.

But CVP did post VIDEO evidence of a z06 pulling an 11.7!

Katshot
11-05-05, 07:53 AM

And Road and Track just did a comparo between the GTO and the SRT-8 Charger in which the Charger smoked it in virtually every catagory. It's been pointed out here many times, and I agree, that magazine articles often have differing opinions and test data so they all need to be taken with a grain of salt. I read them all, and take bits and pieces from all that I feel are common and that I feel are useful to me in making up my mind about the car.
That being said, this thread was started after actually witnessing specific performances by the cars mentioned. Big difference in my mind. The magazines are fine but actual real-world experience with a car is better in my opinon. Bottom line, especially with respect to drag racing, there are SO MANY things that can influence the end data that it's hard to ever draw a line in the sand and say what any car will do on any day, at any track, and while being driven by any person. Too many variables. That's why you see a wide difference in ET's at the track some days between identical cars. Hell, I saw a Z06 do a 15 sec. 1/4 mile this past summer but I doubt I'd ever think that was representative of what the car is capable of. It just showed that at least one guy can't drive his car.

CVP33
11-05-05, 11:55 AM
I'm reading MT right now with the GTO/Charger comparo. The GTO won all the acceleration tests, however the heavier Charger amazingly won the handling test. The GTO comes in second in the test sighting a dated design. Oh, well. Better luck next time. The GTO is however $10,000 less. Maybe that will win over a few.

Blackout
11-05-05, 11:59 AM
I'm reading MT right now with the GTO/Charger comparo. The GTO won all the acceleration tests, however the heavier Charger amazingly won the handling test. The GTO comes in second in the test sighting a dated design. Oh, well. Better luck next time. The GTO is however $10,000 less. Maybe that will win over a few.What are you talking about? The SRT-8 won all the acceleration tests.

0-60 mph:
SRT-8: 4.9 sec
GTO: 5.2 sec

0-100 mph:
SRT-8: 11.5 sec
GTO: 12.7 sec

1/4:
SRT-8: 13.3 @ 108.2 mph
GTO: 13.7 @ 103.9 mph

The only thing that GTO beat the SRT-8 in is the fuel mileage. Every catagory besides that the SRT-8 won

CVP33
11-05-05, 12:03 PM
BO,

I'm holding the magazine in my hand.

Motor Trend

0-60 Charger 5.0 GTO 4.7
0-100 Charger 11.9 GTO 11.7
1/4 Mile Charger 13.5@106.3mph GTO 13.3@105.9mph

Could you be quoting another magazine?

Staxxin
11-05-05, 12:06 PM
What are you talking about? The SRT-8 won all the acceleration tests.

0-60 mph:
SRT-8: 4.9 sec
GTO: 5.2 sec

0-100 mph:
SRT-8: 11.5 sec
GTO: 12.7 sec

1/4:
SRT-8: 13.3 @ 108.2 mph
GTO: 13.7 @ 103.9 mph

The only thing that GTO beat the SRT-8 in is the fuel mileage. Every catagory besides that the SRT-8 won

Blackout -

I'm not sure where you found your data but in December's edition of MT the following posted results were:

0-60MPH
SRT8- 5.0 sec
GTO - 4.7 sec

0-100MPH
SRT8- 11.9 sec
GTO - 11.7 sec

Quarte Mile
SRT8- 13.5 @ 106.3mph
GTO - 13.3 @ 105.9mph

The info posted above and more can be found on page 76!!!!

Blackout
11-05-05, 01:33 PM
I am looking at the december issue of R&T. Its a two page article and it has a picture of a Charger and a GTO doing burnouts facing each other. The cover story is the new Z06 vs Viper. The info is on page 75. Page 76 is the first page of the Evo vs STI.

CVP33
11-05-05, 08:50 PM
I am looking at the december issue of R&T. Its a two page article and it has a picture of a Charger and a GTO doing burnouts facing each other. The cover story is the new Z06 vs Viper. The info is on page 75. Page 76 is the first page of the Evo vs STI.

No problem. Now I understand. :highfive:

Blackout
11-05-05, 11:30 PM
No problem. Now I understand. :highfive:Opps......I just realized the problem as well. My bad