: Starter failure???

os101king
10-29-05, 02:43 PM
looking at a possible starter failure myself. got 160k on a 94, and had a slow starting problem for about one day. the next day i went to start her up and crr... crr... nothin. second try, crr....RANK vroom. got it to the store and then nothing but 'click'. no headlight dimming, no extreme battery draw (new battery one month ago) just no start. i'm only posting this due to the fact that a number of people on here have said that the starter failure is rare.
how rare? should i be looking at something else? i have a remote system installed, and neither the key nor the remote will start the car. just that low, muffled 'click'.

Ranger
10-29-05, 07:40 PM
Check the cables for corrosion and don't overlook the battery just because it is new. I have had new batteries fail in months and even had bad ones right off the shelf. Remember, the cable could be corroded or loose under the manifold.

Boombottz
11-01-05, 11:03 AM
I would start (no pun intended) by having the store where you bought the battery load test it for you, they should do this for free. Once you determine you have the proper cold cranking amps available, and it will still not turn over, then further troubleshooting is in order. And as suggested above by Ranger, start with cable connections.