: diablo sport preadator for 2003 gm

03whiteext
10-28-05, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum so mods please move if needed. I just traded in my 03 ext so I now have a programmer I dont need, I dumped the stock program back into my trade in so it is as good as new. below is a link to where I bought it from and what it will work on, I paid $399.00 in january of this year. I will give someone here a deal before I put it on ebay and let it go to any member here for $250.00 including shipping anywhere in the cont.48 or $250.00 plus shipping anywhere else. my email is rruusseell1@aol.com my screename on ebay and paypal is rruusseell1 if you care to check my feedback to see i'm not a cheat. also if anyone in colorado wants it I will let it go for $240.00 face to face.
http://www.motorhaven.com/product.php?productid=2437&cat=210&page=1&xid=15b06f3880ac8731071595aa60b47137

ILLNALI
10-29-05, 02:14 AM
i am interested in the programmer for my 03 denali. However I thiought that once it is used, it is over. Please prove me wrong, as I would like to pick this up. What is the part number and do you still have the origional instructions?

thanks

03whiteext
10-29-05, 02:44 AM
it is part#2437 the link is the place and page I ordered it from. I was told after you restore the factory program back into the vehicle the programmer is as good as new. maby hcvone can verify this. and yes I have the owners manual that is included.

Rolex
10-29-05, 11:30 AM
Many of these programmers have software built in them that will not allow you to use them on other vehicles. This obviously prevents you from using the unit for profit by tuning your all your buddies' vehicles for a fee. I understand you have to send these programmers back to the manufacturer to have them cleared....which they will do for a nominal fee of course.

Have you considered this, or is this the case with your programmer?

honda4x4nut
10-29-05, 11:40 AM
The way I have understood programmers before, at least for the Hypertech was you can only program one vehicle at a time. When you program a vehicle it stores the factory settings in the tuner. If you were to go to another vehicle to try and tune it, the only option you would have is "restore factory settings?". You must first deprogram the original truck but once that is done you may use it again for another vehicle. I THINK!!

03whiteext
10-29-05, 10:31 PM
The way I have understood programmers before, at least for the Hypertech was you can only program one vehicle at a time. When you program a vehicle it stores the factory settings in the tuner. If you were to go to another vehicle to try and tune it, the only option you would have is "restore factory settings?". You must first deprogram the original truck but once that is done you may use it again for another vehicle. I THINK!!
that is what the local perf. shop told me also, as long as you restore the factory tune to the original vehicle you can use it on another vehicle that the unit is compatible with.

hcvone
11-01-05, 10:32 AM
The people at Preditor said the unit would have to be cleared by them to remove the VIN.

Fast Eddie
11-01-05, 12:42 PM
Depends on when it was made if it is older than roughly one year, you have to send it back to Diablo to get it reset for $75 (I had to do this). The newer models can be reflashed like hypertech.

03whiteext
11-02-05, 12:13 AM
The people at Preditor said the unit would have to be cleared by them to remove the VIN.
I have not been able to get on their website do you have their # by chance if they will confirm that is all it takes I will take their fee off the $250.00 purchace price and ship it to whoever buy's it, or if preferred pay the $250.00 and I will ship it to them with the buyers address for the return.

ThatchSS
11-03-05, 02:06 AM
more than likly it has "learned" the vin or s/n from the first vehicle and will be locked for all others. I have been using LT1 and LS1 edit for a few years now and all my software is locked to my PCM s/n I can change the vin in a PCM and it still will not work