: Hit and run!!!!

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 11:28 PM
argh!!

I hate it!!

My son has just called me, having just gotten in from work (he works in a bar Thursdays Fridays and Saturdays) he knew i would still be awake (its 3:20am here)

He parked at the side of the street near the bar he works at, when he left work at about 2:30, he went to get in the car and noticed the mirror lying by the front wheel.

The car has been sideswiped down the drivers side. rear door, front door, mirror, front fender.

This is the BMW 545i Touring

This kind of thing annoys me, the driver didnt attempt to leave a note or find a police officer (theres plently on a Thursday in town) and they have just left the scene

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 11:33 PM
bloody hell !!!!

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 11:36 PM
bloody hell !!!!

It must have been something big, and something understeering badly! The mirrors on this car fold in after the engine is switched off, so it has gone into the side of the car pretty deep to take the mirror clean off.

The side airbags were (thankfully) NOT triggered.

I can onlt imagine for it to have been an SUV or an articulated/box van, but there arent many of those in towno n a thursday evening.

It must of been tall to get the height of the mirror.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 11:41 PM
it was probably one of those "white vans" that give you brittish so much trouble ....

you guys have White Vans , we have what i call "shit haulers" which are old pickup trucks with single axel open trailers piled high with whatever the owner found to put on it without tieing it down in any way shape or form...ive had to dodge a refigerator once that came off one on the highway ...it aint fun ...american refigerators are about as big as your jaguars

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 11:42 PM
or do you suppose it was a lorrie ? (sorry i had to do it)

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 11:45 PM
Possibly a white van man, but more likely an SUV for that part of town at that time of night.

Its going to cost a fortune to fix unless there is CCTV footage. That might save the day.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 11:49 PM
Possibly a white van man, but more likely an SUV for that part of town at that time of night.
Its going to cost a fortune to fix unless there is CCTV footage. That might save the day.
oh thats right , they videotape the hell out of you all ....

addison_ii
10-27-05, 11:51 PM
I'd be looking for witnesses who may have gotten a plate number or description,find the @$$hole and then commence to stomp the bloody hell out of them.:bouncer:

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 12:02 AM
I'd be looking for witnesses who may have gotten a plate number or description,find the @$$hole and then commence to stomp the bloody hell out of them.:bouncer:

Well, witnesses will be hard, since the town moves fast at that time of night, although the doorman may be of help.

If there is CCTV i will be able to see the registration plates of whatever hit us.

Then i ask my police officer pal to run it through the computer and give me an address.

Then i go kick but

I am really annoyed about this, more so Claire as it is technically her car!

DopeStar 156
10-28-05, 12:17 AM
bloody hell !!!!
LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!! :histeric: You ****in' rock Stoney.

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 12:18 AM
LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL!!!!! :histeric: You ****in' rock Stoney.

He's feeling British this evening ;)

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 12:25 AM
I'm headed over there now, I cant wait until tomorrow to see how bad it is. Ive burned myself a relaxing driving CD for the journey over, now lets see what theyve dont to my car!!

Goodnight gentlemen

I will post tomorow as to what the damage is like. Looks like im not sleeping at all

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-05, 12:27 AM
cheers !!

make sure youve got pleanty of tea in the ducksback !!!

DopeStar 156
10-28-05, 12:31 AM
cheers !!
make sure youve got pleanty of tea in the ducksback !!!
LOOOOLLLL!!!!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-05, 12:38 AM
tooo many years workin on brittish stuff and partying with brittish military ...

LittleB
10-28-05, 01:29 AM
Ahhhh what a bummer, sorry to hear that mccombie :(

Spyder
10-28-05, 04:06 AM
Mc5...sorry to hear it...but, Stoney is great...and and that note, I'm going to keep my damned mouth shut so I don't piss anyone off... :D I really truely do hope that all works out well for you and it gets settled without any major expenditure or butt kicking...good luck with it!

davesdeville
10-28-05, 04:43 AM
That sucks. Hope the CCTV thing works out for you although I still prefer as few of those damn things around as possible.

Oh, and at least it was the BMW :p

Krashed989
10-28-05, 05:02 AM
Whoa, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I hope you catch that scared idiot and use his face to do the same to his car. :want:

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 06:43 AM
I went to see the damage myself at about 4am, then i watched some TV with my son at his place, then i looked at the damage in daylight. Its terrible. About four error messages are coming up. I need to sort this as soon as possible, we were just stopping buy for a change of clothes for me, then off to the police station...

THis will not be cheap to repair

psykiv
10-28-05, 06:50 AM
I hate to sound rude but, can we see some pictures of the damage?

I wish you good luck with the CCTV video. From personal experience, they are pretty much useless. Drivers who just hit and run deserve to die and rot in hell.

That truely sucks :(

Boombotz
10-28-05, 09:38 AM
I hope thay have it on video. That really sucks MC. Hope you can get it all worked out and in your favor.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-28-05, 09:52 AM
Sounds very expensive.
I'd estimate £2,000 - £4,000 depending where you take it (from your description).

I doubt you'll get much luck with the poilice. They don't care about our cars.
Yet we're not allowed to beat the **** out of people who damage our pride and joy.

So in other words, we're supposed to just sit and take it and pay up.

Real sorry for you. :(

D148L0
10-28-05, 02:26 PM
Bummer.

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 05:02 PM
The car is in "limp home" mode for some reason, the dashboard is lit up like a christmas tree.

Drove it up to BMW after we took it to the police station, they have quoted me 5239 (about $9000)

I havent called my insurance company, i was thinking of getting the damage fixed and then the premium doesnt go up any.

New parts required:

Drivers door
Rear drivers side door
Drivers door handle
Rear drivers side door handle
Front quater panel
Drivers side mirror
Drivers side sill plate
Chrome trim
Drivers side window motor
Central locking slave motor

There is no CCTV footage showing the incident:bomb: :mad2:

No pics as of yet, the police did take some when i took it to the station. I have left the car with BMW until i can decide weather or not to call the insurance or not

I might just sell it, it was going to be my sons Christmas present

urbanski
10-28-05, 05:04 PM
owie :(

fast66
10-28-05, 05:51 PM
damn! that was one damaging side swipe! was it a bulldozer?

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 06:06 PM
damn! that was one damaging side swipe! was it a bulldozer?

Im unsure. Whatever it was it left green paint on my car.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-28-05, 06:26 PM
Leaving it with BMW is going to be the most expensive option.
My accountant took his A4 to an independent who did 2 new doors (no front wing mind) for under 2,000 iirc.
Nice job too.

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 06:31 PM
Leaving it with BMW is going to be the most expensive option.
My accountant took his A4 to an independent who did 2 new doors (no front wing mind) for under 2,000 iirc.
Nice job too.

Well, they have it in their car park at the moment, i have told them not ot do any work to it until i have decided what to do

Im thinking of trading it in against a 530d Touring for him......

Soemone ruined my son's Christmas

Krashed989
10-28-05, 08:47 PM
Im unsure. Whatever it was it left green paint on my car.

Go huntin for any green, damaged vehicles. Then tell them you've got CCTV footage of them hitting your car. One of them won't deny it if they think they're caught already.

mccombie_5
10-28-05, 08:55 PM
Go huntin for any green, damaged vehicles. Then tell them you've got CCTV footage of them hitting your car. One of them won't deny it if they think they're caught already.

Well, if it was done in the town i live in i could do that

Since it was done in the city centre.......

259,000 people live there, and thats without anyone who could be visiting.

Nice idea though

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-29-05, 04:04 AM
I'd suggest getting an indepednent to fix it becuase it's chaper, then simply sell it or trade it in (at a different dealer).

I hate people who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes...

powerglide
10-29-05, 04:45 AM
Wo!

Bloody hell is right! Sorry to hear that Craig.....

This beeeyatch that lives in my building drove her benz into three parked cars, totaling one of them (ripped the axle righ out of a parked durango!).

Then drove here now very messed up C-class benzo back to my lot where she said she was gonna call the cops.

Next day the owners of the wrecked cars are out there, no note, no police report.

I told em straight up who did it. (the victims didn't have full coverage!)

The victim was nice enough to tell her she wouldnt make it a police thing if she just paid for the damage....but she denied it. (she had stashed her car someplace else by then)

I turned her into the cops without a second thought.
Hopefully she got what was coming to her---> "felony hit and run"

Most probably someone saw something....it couldn't hurt to post a few sign around the area tommorrow and see what turns up.

Again, sorry to hear that.........

mccombie_5
10-29-05, 06:42 AM
I'd suggest getting an indepednent to fix it becuase it's chaper, then simply sell it or trade it in (at a different dealer).

I hate people who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes...

My plan is that. My Dad was in the trade for years so i have contacts. I can get a good repair for cheaper than BMW main dealer thats for sure. I plan to trade it in against another 545i Touring in a different colour or something.

This saves my insurance premium skyrocketing, I am really livid about the damage.

Powerglide, you did the right thing. If i saw that i would tell the victim too. My wifes car at the time (a 1997 Mercedes Benz C280) was rammed by a Land Rover. The car was parked at the time, and the driver left the scene without leaving a note.

A passer by saw this, noted downt he registration, the vehicle type, colour, and the exact time of the incident.

THe police got him on a few charges.

mccombie_5
10-29-05, 08:51 PM
I've changed my mind. Im keeping the BMW. Im going to get BMW to repair the car, and im going to pay for it. My sons Christmas is not going to be spoiled, he has just gotten used to the car, and im going to have it put back to how it was before some arsehole drove at it.

Krashed989
10-29-05, 09:48 PM
I've changed my mind. Im keeping the BMW. Im going to get BMW to repair the car, and im going to pay for it. My sons Christmas is not going to be spoiled, he has just gotten used to the car, and im going to have it put back to how it was before some arsehole drove at it.

Keep the receipts, just in case you ever find the guy. Then you can still file lawsuits on him... I think...

mccombie_5
11-01-05, 04:11 PM
Car is well underway to being repaired....