: Check out what oil money could buy you *pics*

Rolex
10-27-05, 09:33 PM
Link takes you to a different forum and shows pics of some killer cars. DIAL UP BEWARE!!!

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=331400&st=0

Yup....that's where your money goes every time you will up your Cadillac! :nono:

90Brougham350
10-28-05, 12:03 AM
Dear God, now that's real money! But really, we should be seeing a 16 in there somewhere! One can only dream. Beautiful cars in there, just gorgeous.

ben72227
10-28-05, 12:50 AM
Imagine that, having a tow truck bring your Ferrari to the drag strip for you. Damn they are RICH. I hear the UAE is supposed to the BEST Arab country over there. They take care of all of their people (pay for medical bills, school, etc.) because they are so rich from oil and there aren't that many people...

Ralph
10-28-05, 12:54 AM
Gee Ben, Canadians get free medical and schooling too..:sneaky::yawn:

;)

ben72227
10-28-05, 01:02 AM
True, but your medical isn't THAT good. A good analogy - Sure, you may get a free car, but if its a Yugo, well, you might as well not even bother...Yeah, your healthcare is free, but ours is MUCH better. Besides, Canada is lacking doctors right now, and i hear your testing is so difficult that foreign doctors have stopped looking for work in Canada (even though there are LOTS of jobs to be had...)

Do you get free college too??? We CAN get it, it takes some brains, but its possible...:rolleyes:

Ralph
10-28-05, 01:13 AM
True, but your medical isn't THAT good. A good analogy - Sure, you may get a free car, but if its a Yugo, well, you might as well not even bother...Yeah, your healthcare is free, but ours is MUCH better. Besides, Canada is lacking doctors right now, and i hear your testing is so difficult that foreign doctors have stopped looking for work in Canada (even though there are LOTS of jobs to be had...

Florida doesn't have a shortage of doctors??? There is a shortage everywhere practically....and it will be worse when babyboomers really start to age....the population is aging overall in North America. There is a shortage but I can get in to see my doctor the same day I call..

True, our testing for new doctors to this country is tough because we set tough standards. Our HC is as good as anyone elses, although there are horror stories everywhere. (yes, there are links for everything) The well-trained Canadian doctors go down to the States in many cases where they can get paid more, so basically you have better doctors also because of this, and that's why we have to set "tough" standards for newly immigrated doctors who want to practice here. There is an East-Indian couple that live in my building who were doctors in India and they have been "up-grading" to CDN. standards for two years now!!

On the same token, what good is it when poor people cannot get HC in the U.S.? They pay taxes....they work, but if you don't have insurance, you're screwed. We have universal HC for everyone and if I want to I can go to a private clinic or hospital and pay for a CT scan or have an operation, I have that option also.

Our doctors aren't as afraid of being sued, so they don't have to spend a fortune in medical insurance, but there are ups and downs to that as well, although they can be privately sued if need be.

Nevertheless we are cared for and if it is something serious you get in right away, no waiting list. What makes me upset is the money the Federal government gives to each provincial government doesn't always get used for what was intended of it. Sometimes it will be put towards other things like education and road construction and not for medical, then the provincial govt. has to get more from the Feds.....they need to be more accountable and know where it goes.....Our schools are in good shape because they are funded through property tax.

Just trying to answer you honestly...

fast66
10-28-05, 01:21 AM
hahaha that is pretty crazy those probably all belong to one guy.
We get everything free in Kuwait ,medical, dental, school, no taxes.

fast66
10-28-05, 01:26 AM
when the car has a nice license number it is a sheikh, they all have nice numbers

Ralph
10-28-05, 01:30 AM
when the car has a nice license number it is a sheikh, they all have nice numbers

What do you mean by "nice numbers?" You mean like custom lettering...

fast66
10-28-05, 01:49 AM
yeah its only numbers in the middle east and they are randomly selected by a computer. Some people can get them made exactly to what they want and the same guy in many of those pics has 999 on all his cars or RRR on the side, its on the slr enzo and another . he is some royalty guy

fast66
10-28-05, 01:52 AM
+ I'd rather see the cash go into this stuff rather than WMDs

Ralph
10-28-05, 01:53 AM
oops.

Night Wolf
10-28-05, 04:22 AM
heh... none of those cars do anything for me

I would much rather look at, own, drive, stare, obsess.... anything... a 1959 Eldorado Convertible... that car means so much more to me then any of those cars.

Rolex
10-28-05, 04:59 PM
heh... none of those cars do anything for me

I would much rather look at, own, drive, stare, obsess.... anything... a 1959 Eldorado Convertible... that car means so much more to me then any of those cars.

If an SLR McLaren Mercedes or Enzo Ferrari don't do anything for you....you may want to have your head examined!! ;) :D

Night Wolf
10-28-05, 07:22 PM
If an SLR McLaren Mercedes or Enzo Ferrari don't do anything for you....you may want to have your head examined!! ;) :D

honestly.... :)

They don't.

somewhat ok to look at.... but I would get no enjoyment out of driving.

the '59 Eldorado... amazing to look at, and if I was driving 20mph, I don't think I could be more happy in a car.

Really, unless you are on a track, which here, or in NY there were none of that type... where are you gonna use the speed/handling? the classic car, you can drive on regular roads and get full enjoyment... a Jeep, you can take off road and get enjoyment.... both can be drivern around normal and be perfectly fine... but an Enzo? driving it on normal roads would be hell... tight, cramped, hot, harsh ride..... I dunno, not for me at all.

I would simply never spend that kind of money on a car... only because something for a fraction of the price would give me so much more enjoyment (Jeep Wrangler) but if I ever had that kind of money to spend.... gosh, V16 1938 Cadillac, 1959 Eldorado Birratiz etc..... something that I could actually enjoy.

Of course thats just me.... though I do like a real origanal Shelby Cobra... I think that is a different class then an Enzo.... none of the super cars do a thing for me though.

ben72227
10-28-05, 08:21 PM
but an Enzo? driving it on normal roads would be hell... tight, cramped, hot, harsh ride..... I dunno, not for me at all.

Well, it IS a racecar:rolleyes:. It will be "cramped", but of course after driving a (land yacht) Cadillac, anything seems cramped...I'd drive one for looks and speed. It's a status symbol car really...:cool:

Rolex
10-28-05, 09:15 PM
honestly.... :)

though I do like a real origanal Shelby Cobra... I think that is a different class then an Enzo....

Now you're talking! :thumbsup: I'd prefer the 427, of course.