: Track Day This Saturday: Englishtown, NJ - come on out!

HighHorseman
10-27-05, 07:43 PM
This Saturday is an HHP Track Day at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

www.etownraceway.com (http://www.etownraceway.com)

Originally we had expected the Moore Cadillac Team to attend as many of you know but due to unexpected circumstances they will no longer be joining us. This event is an HHP sponsored event and with the departure of Damian and Dado from Moore Cadillac, we no longer have any affiliations with the Moore dealership (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) or team. We wish both Damian and Dado the best of luck as we know we'll be seeing them emerge back on the scene really soon.

Here's the info on Saturday's track day. We go to Englishtown several times a year during open track days and they give us our own staging lanes and unlimited runs instead of the normal 3 runs you would normally get. We usually schedule our track days on their slow days so that we usually make up the majority of the field. There will be other cars (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) running but we usually get preferential treatment and our wait times are not bad. Usually just long enough to let the engine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) cool a little bit. We plan our track days for 10 am on, though Englishtown opens around 8:30 to 9 and racing starts between 9 to 9:30.

We host these events to give the forum members we deal with a chance to get together and hang out with other fellow forum members and have some fun at the track. We love to race and we join our passion with a way to give back to the forum members that support us. Most of the guys that attend these events are new to the track and probably would never venture out there if it wasn't for these events. If you've never been on the track, this is a great experience at a great track and there will be a lot of experienced guys to answer any questions you may have. We'll have prizes for the best times (and maybe worst, too) and a few giveaways. There will be a pretty large number of Mopar cars (Magnums, Chargers, 300C's and SRT-8's) there and these guys are another great group of people. They're also dissappointed that the Moore Team won't be joining us but they, too, would really like to have you guys there for some fun rivalry. I will be speaking with the Track Manager again tomorrow and will post any updates I receive from them and any additional information as to what our schedule of events will be and give you guys some more information about the other events going on at the track this Saturday as we know that there will also be a drift event going on simultaneously and that the Corvette Challenge has also been moved to this weekend, also.

We hope to see you guys there!

Joshua, HHP

Staxxin
10-27-05, 07:57 PM
Hey Joshua -
Welcome to the Forum!!!!! :welcome:

HighHorseman
10-27-05, 08:16 PM
Thanks Staxxin. We'll be set up quite soon as a supporting vender but a good number of you guys are already familiar with us from past purchases. Thanks for the warm welcome. As soon as we finish getting signed up you guys will see a good bit more of me in here.

HDMLNIUM
10-27-05, 09:27 PM
I am planning on still making it, it should be a great time. I will post tomorrow if anything changes for me, but I should be there just about the time racing starts..:yup:

Bill

Drift-caddy
10-28-05, 03:06 AM
This Saturday is an HHP Track Day at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ.

www.etownraceway.com (http://www.etownraceway.com)

Originally we had expected the Moore Cadillac Team to attend as many of you know but due to unexpected circumstances they will no longer be joining us. This event is an HHP sponsored event and with the departure of Damian and Dado from Moore Cadillac, we no longer have any affiliations with the Moore dealership (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) or team. We wish both Damian and Dado the best of luck as we know we'll be seeing them emerge back on the scene really soon.

Here's the info on Saturday's track day. We go to Englishtown several times a year during open track days and they give us our own staging lanes and unlimited runs instead of the normal 3 runs you would normally get. We usually schedule our track days on their slow days so that we usually make up the majority of the field. There will be other cars (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) running but we usually get preferential treatment and our wait times are not bad. Usually just long enough to let the engine (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56025#) cool a little bit. We plan our track days for 10 am on, though Englishtown opens around 8:30 to 9 and racing starts between 9 to 9:30.

We host these events to give the forum members we deal with a chance to get together and hang out with other fellow forum members and have some fun at the track. We love to race and we join our passion with a way to give back to the forum members that support us. Most of the guys that attend these events are new to the track and probably would never venture out there if it wasn't for these events. If you've never been on the track, this is a great experience at a great track and there will be a lot of experienced guys to answer any questions you may have. We'll have prizes for the best times (and maybe worst, too) and a few giveaways. There will be a pretty large number of Mopar cars (Magnums, Chargers, 300C's and SRT-8's) there and these guys are another great group of people. They're also dissappointed that the Moore Team won't be joining us but they, too, would really like to have you guys there for some fun rivalry. I will be speaking with the Track Manager again tomorrow and will post any updates I receive from them and any additional information as to what our schedule of events will be and give you guys some more information about the other events going on at the track this Saturday as we know that there will also be a drift event going on simultaneously and that the Corvette Challenge has also been moved to this weekend, also.

We hope to see you guys there!

Joshua, HHP

First, i would like to tell everyone that i am sorry that we are no longer at Moore. Dado and myself still remain in the V life. As most of you know we have been drifting this V for the summer. Well, Moore felt that this was not the direction they wanted to go and performance was not in there near future. A change in Service directors lead to this. On the other hand Dado and I are still working on Vs and all lines of cars. We are also still working on full sponsorship for next year.
2nd Joshua. i am sorry for not calling you back today. Any help i can give you and your company please let me know. I have not forgotten how you have tried to help us out. I am sure you will do well on the site.

3rd. We are working on a V right now and hope to have it finished today. If we do get it done and tuned, dado and I will stop by and say hi. If not we have 2 cust who want us to trailer there cars up there. So as soon as they call we will leave on Saturday. In case anyone is game we have a extra set of rims and tires to use if anyone wants to donate a car for a lap or 2.

Thanks to everyone who has called and email today. never thought i would ever get a responce we did. To anyone who needs work done or just have some questions about there car please look at Drift-caddy.com

email links in there. ok so lets go to the track and have some fun

Thanks
Damian

HDMLNIUM
10-28-05, 07:19 AM
Damian,
If you have a set of wheels and tires Dado is more than welcome to drift my car for a few laps with me being a co-pilot... That way I get to learn from one of the best..
I will be trailering my car down on drag radials from Maine and still would love to see Dado work his magic.
See you guys there...

Bill

HDMLNIUM
10-28-05, 08:47 PM
Well I am all loaded up, went to the gas station to fill up and had some joker beeping at me. It comes to find out when I hit my brakes all the trailer lights go out. So that must be why I was getting beeped at.
To make a long story short I am not going to make it, not making a 6-7 hour drive in the dark each way with no brake lights. It has been a long day and I don't feel like messing with it any more tonight.
I will just end up going to my local track this Sunday and see what I can do.
Sorry to back out at the last minute, I really was looking forward to going.

Bill

ahahnu
10-28-05, 08:51 PM
That sux!:crying2:

HDMLNIUM
10-28-05, 09:14 PM
Tell me about it.. I been runing around getting everything together, fixing a flat on the trailer, loading everything up to have the brake lights messed up to. Anyway, this is the first time I have had my V on a trailer and being the picture whore that I am here are a few pics to show, that I was really trying to make it. My back is just to tired to mess with it anymore after a long day. I would have to be leaving by 3am to get there in time and well, I guess I am just getting old.. lol
Bill
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/trailered.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/trailered1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v466/HDMLNIUM/trailered2.jpg

ahahnu
10-28-05, 09:53 PM
I was thinking about how long it was gonna take. My girlfriend and I said like 4. Your crazy! Its a shame. She does look good all ready to go. Hopefully Dado and Damian will come next year.

HDMLNIUM
10-28-05, 10:17 PM
Yeah, its about 400 miles each way, it would be a hike with no brake lights.. haha Maybe next time for me too..
Bill

Dado DTM
10-29-05, 05:34 AM
Sorry to hear about the issues Bill :(

HDMLNIUM
10-29-05, 08:19 AM
Dado,
Thanks, and if you ended up going, have a blast..
I know I am missing a great time.. and I hope who ever makes the trip shows the mopars some V power....:lildevil:

Bill

thebigjimsho
10-29-05, 12:15 PM
Well, Bill, now what are we going to do? They've got SRT-8s hitting 12.7s and you're home because of trailer lights? :thehand: J/K Oh well....

HDMLNIUM
10-29-05, 02:37 PM
James,
There is always tomorrow, I will be at New England Dragway doing my best to get a 12.7. Come on up and see it first hand brother...:thumbsup: Gates open at 8am... see you there?????

Bill

ahahnu
10-29-05, 04:18 PM
I was there for a few hours today. I was the only V I saw there, and only one SRT-8 parked. There were a quite a few vetts, 5.7L chargers, and magnums. It was a cool thing to witness, I had never been to a track before. Maybe next year I'll get a helmet if a bunch of people get together somewhere and try. I didn't want to embarass us this time.

Blackout
10-29-05, 04:29 PM
I was there for a few hours today. I was the only V I saw there, and only one SRT-8 parked. There were a quite a few vetts, 5.7L chargers, and magnums. It was a cool thing to witness, I had never been to a track before. Maybe next year I'll get a helmet if a bunch of people get together somewhere and try. I didn't want to embarass us this time.Me and Katshot saw your car there today. We were wondering as to wether or not you were going to run since you were the only CTS-V that actually showed up there. But there was a SRT-8 Charger as well as a SRT-8 300 also. Both ran 12.9 in stock trim

Katshot
10-29-05, 04:32 PM
You guys left me hanging! I went down to the track and ended up being one of only two Cadillacs there (there was 1 CTS-V there for a little while anyways). It was pitiful. The announcer was mentioning that there was "supposed" to be a big group of Cadillacs there but it looks like they got CHICKEN! He mentioned he saw "a couple" Caddies in the lot (by that time mine was the only one left).
Oh well, guess it's a good thing anyways. Probably wouldn't have been a good day for you guys from what I saw. There were all kinds of MOPARs there and they were running STRONG matter of fact, there was a brand new SRT-8 there (see picture below). Bone-stock and ran a 12.9 ET. I made sure to get a picture of the car with the hood open to show that the car was untouched from stock. It even had the stock air filter!

ssvette
10-31-05, 03:17 PM
What are the requirements for racing the V at Englishtown? Helmet. Any special ratings on a helmet?

Katshot
10-31-05, 10:05 PM
No. As long as it's a helmet. I've never had anyone check my helmet. Worst case scenario, you can rent one there.

HDMLNIUM
11-01-05, 05:15 AM
There is a rating that your helmet must have to pass tech... I believe it has to be atleast Snell M90-M95, they may look at more I can't remember.. lol... I know mine is a Snell M95 with and SI of APR 1998 and it always passes tech.

Bill

MCaesar
11-01-05, 07:19 AM
Did only the SRT8s run?

What happened?

Katshot
11-01-05, 07:25 AM
There is a rating that your helmet must have to pass tech... I believe it has to be atleast Snell M90-M95, they may look at more I can't remember.. lol... I know mine is a Snell M95 with and SI of APR 1998 and it always passes tech.

Bill

I don't doubt you're right that there's an actual rule somewhere but they don't enforce it that I know. I've been racing at both Atco and E-Town for years and I've never had anyone inspect my helmet

Katshot
11-01-05, 07:40 AM
Did only the SRT8s run?
What happened?

OMG, somebody's actually interested?!
Thanks for asking.
There were a TON of MOPARs and Corvettes there. Quite a few bikes too. The Corvettes were spread out from the 14's & 15's for older cars all the way down to the 10's and 11's for newer ones. There were some damn fast 'Vettes there!
As for the MOPARs, they too were spread out from the 14's of the stock cars down to the 11's & 12's of the modded ones. I must admit seeing a Magnum doing 11's & 12's was amazing! The high point for me was the SRT-8's and the bikes. There were only two SRT-8's there (while I was there at least), a 300 SRT-8 and a Charger SRT-8, and they both were bone stock and both ran 12.9's. I ran down to the pits to check out the cars but I couldn't find the Charger. The 300 was sitting back in line with the hood up cooling the engine so I took a picture of the engine bay just so I could prove that my claims of the car being stock were true.
The other high point for me was witnessing a turbo Suzuki pull a 7.60 1/4 mile!!! It was amazing! And the bike didn't even have wheelie bars!! Incredible! I wish I could tell you the trap speed but to be honest, I was so blown away with the ET and trying to get a picture of the board with my digital camera, that I missed the speed (I missed the picture too). Damn slow-ass digital cameras!
All in all, the day was a good one. COLD, but good. I just wish I could've finally seen some CTS-V's run. I talk a lot about them, not always complimentary, I know, but I figured this would be a great chance for them to show their metal. Lord knows, I wouldn't have even gone if I didn't think they would be there. So that was a let-down for me.

thebigjimsho
11-03-05, 11:57 AM

BillThose ratings are soon to be obsolete. Time to get a new helmet for me.

Katshot
11-03-05, 01:01 PM
As far as I know, most if not all tracks adopt NHRA rules.
This is all I could find on the subject:

From the NHRA:

The '05 Rulebook states:
Drivers in all 13.99 (8.59 eighth-mile) or quicker cars must wear a helmet meeting Snell 90, 95, K98, 2000 or SFI 31.1A, 31.2A, 41.1A, or 41.2A Specs.
But as far as I know, all tracks make the helmet rule inclusive of ALL racers, probably due to insurance regulations.

Policy Statement from the NHRA:
07/19/2005

Beginning Jan. 1, 2006, where a Snell-rated helmet is required in NHRA competition, the Snell 90-tagged helmets will no longer be allowed. NHRA is making this announcement more than five months prior to the expiration to allow the racing community the chance to update their safety equipment.

For the 2006 NHRA Rulebook, in the General Regulations under Helmet and Goggles, the section will list expiration dates for all Snell- and SFI-tagged helmets in an effort to notify the racing community of these expiration dates.

At the end of the year, Snell plans to release the 2005 tag for inclusion on helmets constructed after that point.

thebigjimsho
11-03-05, 02:04 PM
NHRA is different, then. I believe most road racing bodies such as SCCA, NASA and such will no longer accept anything less than a Snell '00. I have a Simpson open-face Snell '95. Maybe a drag racer will want it.