: Well , Ive fallen for another Italian American....

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 08:34 PM
You all know ive been chaseing brown haired women recently ....But this girl seriously looked awesome topless ......I had to have her .....She was left by her ex lover .....Abandoned , dirty, and sick... she still took my breath away ....

Her name ? Alyssa ..... She was born in detroit , but her dad Pinnafarina donated from italy ...

Shes a 89 Allante .....Maroon ....Shes in decent shape but if i remeber right it was diagnosed for a headgasket failure.....So im gonna take her in , and rehab her ....I remeber when Gladys was in this shape , and now that shes perfect i wanted something new to do ....and i wanted to build a 5.0 Allante style engine ....so this is my chance ....Were right now working with the owner to see if they want to send us the title ....They owe for the diag and another service , and once everythings stright i pay the bill on the car and itll be mine (a damn good deal)

Pics coming soon ...

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 08:38 PM
Go Stoney!!

I considered a 93 for my son before i got the SST

theyre beautiful cars!

Good luck with the resto

Also, do you have any pics of Gladys pre resto?

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 08:40 PM
Go Stoney!!
I considered a 93 for my son before i got the SST
theyre beautiful cars!
Good luck with the resto
Also, do you have any pics of Gladys pre resto?
I do , there not much diffrent , the outside of the car was pretty damned nice , and the interior was decent ....so the pictures never really did justice to what all has been done ...

she stared out a 50 footer , and became .....a 1 footer

addison_ii
10-27-05, 08:46 PM
Congrats Stoney. I had the chance to pick up a 94 Eldo ETC for 650.00 in NH but passed on it.(it was gorgeous but had same problem as your new ride) Now I must leave to kick myself in the @$$.:D

Boombotz
10-27-05, 08:54 PM
Thats great news. I hope it all falls into place for you.

Ralph
10-27-05, 09:44 PM
WHAT??? This isn't about a girl??? That student you sit with??!!

Oh well, ever since I saw that Allante parked behind my building I fall in love too. Are there any concerns about parts for these cars? I bet the parts are more expensive than any other modern Caddy because of rarity, etc.

Sounds like a plan..:)

LittleB
10-27-05, 09:50 PM
Man I thought you were actually gonna get some play, I was excited for you.......UNTIL I SAW IT WAS ABOUT A FREAKIN CAR!!! :nono: :D

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 10:06 PM
LOL .....women hate me , i gotta spend my money somewhere .....he who dies with the most toys wins ....i saw that on a t shirt once

LittleB
10-27-05, 10:08 PM
Women DO NOT hate you!!!!

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 10:27 PM
LOL .....women hate me , i gotta spend my money somewhere .....he who dies with the most toys wins ....i saw that on a t shirt once

I want that tee shirt!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 10:29 PM
i think it was from the "no fear" line of shirts , ill see what i can find

Adam
10-27-05, 10:33 PM
ok i found it! well congrats man, good luck with her. if you dont mind me asking, how much? i saw a 1990 the other day but they wanted 7,995.00 for it :thehand: .

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 10:34 PM
not even a thousand , normally they send em to auction and try to make a buck ....but i think there hooking me up for all ive done for them

Adam
10-27-05, 10:40 PM
not even a thousand , normally they send em to auction and try to make a buck ....but i think there hooking me up for all ive done for them

thats not bad at all. man i wish i could luck out like that.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 10:46 PM
LOL , we'll see how lucky i am when i get it home ....and make my "List".....the first few days of ownership last time were pretty rough ....

i remeber "page 3" LOL ....

this one will be about "page 10"

kokoj
10-27-05, 10:51 PM
You can't imagine how hard it is to get parts, my passanger seat would only go forward. The dealer had to move it all the way back and disconnect the switch because they only one they found was burgundy and I had the saddle interior. But oh, what a looker. I never drive it anymore because I'm afraid it is going to break down and leave me stranded. What is so strange about it it, it dies, they tow it, it starts right up for them. They think I'm a dumb blonde, humor me, replace the alternator, battery, whatever, and doesn't the damn thing die as I'm driving it home. We have been through this routine many, many times. I found a guy who specialized in electrical problems, he had no problems, started right up when they detached it from the tow truck. My friend picked it up for me ( the shop closed before I got out of work) and doesn't it die on him. But like I said, it is a beauty. I was thinking about trading it in on a new car. The damn thing dies so often the friend I was out looking with had to follow me in her own car. After we were done she said to me, "If they aren't going to give you very much in trade, you should keep it, it's absolutely beautiful". I did. You will probably have better luck though, you seem to understand mechanical things, for me, cars are for going out in.

Oh well, ever since I saw that Allante parked behind my building I fall in love too. Are there any concerns about parts for these cars? I bet the parts are more expensive than any other modern Caddy because of rarity, etc.

Sounds like a plan..:)

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 10:58 PM
hope you dont live in tampa , this one is burgandy with sadlle interior ...

Ralph
10-27-05, 11:01 PM
hope you dont live in tampa , this one is burgandy with sadlle interior ...

Oh hell no!! So it's EXACTLY like THIS one then???...........

http://cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48798

Stoneage_Caddy
10-27-05, 11:04 PM
oh my ....now im scared .....i have to have this car now .....the wheels arent those chrome rims ...there the 87 style .....

DopeStar 156
10-28-05, 12:20 AM
Ahhh nice. My cousin wants one but he's getting an 80's Volvo instead.

JC316
10-28-05, 12:39 AM
Ok, I just had a heart attack. $1000 for an allante and $650 for an ETC :crying2: . Congrats on the awesome car!

davesdeville
10-28-05, 04:19 AM
NICE. I saw my first Allante in person a month or two ago, it was freakin awesome. It was a 93 N* and I stared at it for like 15 minutes until the owner came out. I jokingly offered my ETC as a trade, the guy thought about it and declined lol..

Night Wolf
10-28-05, 05:17 AM
$300 for a mint '79 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance.... thats my story :)

on my trip to FL there was an old lady on the side of the road in an Allante... I felt bad.

VERY nice cars!.... honestly, they don't do anything for me anymore though... if I do anything with the cars I own, the '79 gets hot rod 500 power, if I want to restore a car, I am getting a '59 Caddy.... but most of all, I want a change bad... tired of the luxury car thing... I need a Jeep damnit!

definitly keep us updated! maybe I'll get to see it too :)

Jesda
10-28-05, 09:09 AM
I hate people who get good deals. Hate hate hate!

dbdartman
10-28-05, 08:02 PM
Keep That Car Away From Me! :cool2:
I'd be cutting the frame out, adapting something like a Volare sub-frame up front & NASCAR style trailing link rear suspension (set it up to handle), then drop a 500+ inch big block Mopar & bullet-proof 727 torque-flite trans (or maybe a Tremmic 5speed :hmm: ) & stuff a Dana 60 rear under it. In other words, a wolf in sheep's clothing. Can you imagine... hunting C6 Corvettes, not to mention the look on the young Mustang driver's face when you hand him his butt (kinda like the looks my bro gets when he hands someone their butt driving a 4500lb, 35 year old station wagon). :bighead:
Must be something wrong with me. Lately I find the idea of 500 HP & 600 lb/ft in a luxury car VERY appealing. :bonkers: Too bad my 90 SDV is wrong wheel drive... :helpless: Hmmmm... Wonder if my bro would give me his 64 Imperial convertable? :hmm: :histeric:

Adam
10-28-05, 08:11 PM
look what i found Mike:

http://www.tpost.com/details.aspx?adid=5504431

YOU got a pretty good deal brother.

Adam
10-28-05, 08:12 PM
Too bad my 90 SDV is wrong wheel drive... :helpless:

i believe the Allante is front wheel drive bro.

dbdartman
10-28-05, 08:22 PM
i believe the Allante is front wheel drive bro.

Oh poo! :annoyed:

Still, they are very nice looking cars!

Adam
10-28-05, 08:34 PM
yes very nice. you know, a while back i looked at one, it was white. very nice, i didnt know they were so expensive. i asked the guy selling it how much and he said 9k dollars (it was a 1990). i was like dude this car is 13 years old (2002) and you want how much? it has over a 100k miles (117k to be exact). i just couldnt believe how much. i really didnt find out til recent when a guy in the Allante forum was asking if he was getting a good deal at 7995. or something. i found an 87 near my house for 13,5k.

FSU_Noles
10-28-05, 11:33 PM
Allante's do not come cheap, nor did they when they were new. Remember the Allante was the XLR before there was an XLR, and the original sticker - back then - was $65k+.

These cars have a storied past and for the most part have been overlooked by collectors - soon that will change. For the entire production run (87-93) there were only 22000 of them made, and....since there were only 22000 of them made, parts are a B**tch to find.

I am sure you will spend plenty of time in the Allante forums, there is a ton of info in there and everyone has been really helpful with the questions I have had.

I drive mine occasionally, it is a 93 with 60k miles, has the Northstar, factory chrome wheels and the hardtop. I do take it out of the garage on a regular basis just to wash the dust off and let it get some air - I have driven it 1 time since April, but alas, convertible time is here in Florida and now I can drive it more often - top down.

Stoney, if you get it - enjoy. It will only appreciate, but if you got it for 1k, then it is a steal.

:thumbsup:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-28-05, 11:46 PM
Allante's do not come cheap, nor did they when they were new. Remember the Allante was the XLR before there was an XLR, and the original sticker - back then - was $65k+.

These cars have a storied past and for the most part have been overlooked by collectors - soon that will change. For the entire production run (87-93) there were only 22000 of them made, and....since there were only 22000 of them made, parts are a B**tch to find.

I am sure you will spend plenty of time in the Allante forums, there is a ton of info in there and everyone has been really helpful with the questions I have had.

I drive mine occasionally, it is a 93 with 60k miles, has the Northstar, factory chrome wheels and the hardtop. I do take it out of the garage on a regular basis just to wash the dust off and let it get some air - I have driven it 1 time since April, but alas, convertible time is here in Florida and now I can drive it more often - top down.

Stoney, if you get it - enjoy. It will only appreciate, but if you got it for 1k, then it is a steal.

:thumbsup:
working with and restoreing brittish cars years ago i remeber tracking down parts for oddball expensive stuff ....sometimes i had to make my own stuff or fix what was broken insated of swappin it...my boss that was training me was huge on "there will be no glorified parts changers in my shop".so im pretty excited to do it again , im chompin at the bit here awaiting the finial word ...i wanna tear into that engine BIG TIME!!!

FSU_Noles
10-29-05, 12:03 AM
Stoney, here are a few pics of my Allante. First one is with the hardtop on, taken at the Gemini 7 monument at Cape Canaveral.

http://www.siddled.com/cadillac/allante_gem7.jpg

http://www.siddled.com/cadillac/allante_inter.jpg

Stoneage_Caddy
10-29-05, 12:05 AM
wish you didnt do that ...now that i see how this one CAN look ....im really in love ...

FSU_Noles
10-29-05, 12:09 AM
wish you didnt do that ...now that i see how this one CAN look ....im really in love ...

Wish I could drive it down to the meet on Saturday, but with wife and child that makes one more person than I have seats - so CTS it will be. Guess what I will be washing tomorrow??

Stoneage_Caddy
10-29-05, 12:12 AM
Wish I could drive it down to the meet on Saturday, but with wife and child that makes one more person than I have seats - so CTS it will be. Guess what I will be washing tomorrow??
its all good ...if everything goes to plan perhaps the Allantes will meet sometime next summer

FSU_Noles
10-29-05, 12:17 AM
its all good ...if everything goes to plan perhaps the Allantes will meet sometime next summer

Mine will be ready, hope your deal goes through.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-29-05, 12:20 AM
hope so too , im pretty sure it will (hence i changed my ownership) , only thing that can change right now is the price , cuz if we have to retitle it the Dealer Manager might want to try to make money on it ....so im hopeing that ive made enough of an impression on everyone that theyll still hook me up ...even if they dont im going to try to get it , right now reworking all my finaces to see what i can do ....

Adam
10-29-05, 10:18 PM
FSU that is a sharp lookin Allante... very nice and congratulations on it.:thumbsup: wish i could find one... ive been wanting one for a while now. one of the doctors i work with owns one and an XLR (but he hardly drives either of them). the Allante needs a little work but nothing major, like the back where it says "Cadillac" needs to be replaced and there are a few scratches and a good detail wouldnt hurt. no body damage... i tried to get him to sell it to me but unfortunately he knows what he has.

dbdartman
10-29-05, 10:43 PM
Wow. Looking at that interior pic, it seems making it rear drive & maintaining the
stock interior wouldn't be THAT difficult.

C-5/6 drive train....:hmm: :lildevil: :bighead:

Elvis
10-30-05, 12:27 AM
You MUST do this, Stoney. This is a once in a lifetime shot.

I had a chance at a Jag XJS a couple years ago and didn't do it. I regret it now.

In life, we regret the things we DIDN'T do more than the things we did.

Good luck buddy!

Stoneage_Caddy
10-30-05, 01:09 AM
You MUST do this, Stoney. This is a once in a lifetime shot.
I had a chance at a Jag XJS a couple years ago and didn't do it. I regret it now.
In life, we regret the things we DIDN'T do more than the things we did.
Good luck buddy!
oh im gonna do this .....i passed up a 90 Lebaron GTC with the VNT engine 5 speed and hard top , a one of 8 car .....so this is not only to get revenge on that , but my foot in the door on a future collectors item ....my dads got his 73 vette , ill have my Allante .....

I told myself when i was 11 that one day i would own either a Reatta ,Fiero or an Allante ....so hopefully this will also break me of the fiero bug ....

Elvis
10-30-05, 09:59 AM
oh im gonna do this .....i passed up a 90 Lebaron GTC with the VNT engine 5 speed and hard top , a one of 8 car .....so this is not only to get revenge on that , but my foot in the door on a future collectors item ....my dads got his 73 vette , ill have my Allante .....
I told myself when i was 11 that one day i would own either a Reatta ,Fiero or an Allante ....so hopefully this will also break me of the fiero bug ....

One more thing I can tell you from experience: If you don't do it now, while you're young, you'll probably have to wait until you're over 50 to be able to afford it. Life gets in the way.

About 12 years ago I passed on the chance to by a near perfect '74 Coupe de Ville for $2200. I had the money and the space, but I didn't pull the trigger.

mccombie_5
10-30-05, 10:19 AM
I think we've all done that at some point. Im making up for it now. I always bought new cars when i was younger. I wish i had of bought some of the cars that are classics by now, i mean, my dad was (and still is) in the auto trade, my uncle runs a limousine company. I was offered nearly everything, but i favoured new shineyc ars with toys and warrenties.

Only now im making up for it.

And it hink everyone knows how old i am:shhh:

DeVillish
10-30-05, 11:24 AM
Well congrats Stoney. All this talk about "the one that got away" reminds me of the '61 Deville that i coulda got for a grand, it needed some work but ran good and looked good. *sigh*

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-05, 11:10 PM
Sad news , the owners are coming to get the car ...they quickly rethought there actions when my boss tole them theyd be charged per day if the car is left there ...normally people say "keep it" and its done ...these people said "well be right over"...cars still there ....so maybe there still a chance ...hopefully i can get a chance to talk to the owners when they come in ...apprently they were just useing us as a storeage facilty ....

if that wasnt bad enough ....i was asked to clean the toilets .....i never did them .....im 25 , im not cleaning toilets anymore ....im pretty sure there gonna fire me for this one ...but i have to draw a line somewhere

Ralph
10-31-05, 11:38 PM
Sad news , the owners are coming to get the car ...they quickly rethought there actions when my boss tole them theyd be charged per day if the car is left there ...normally people say "keep it" and its done ...these people said "well be right over"...cars still there ....so maybe there still a chance ...hopefully i can get a chance to talk to the owners when they come in ...apprently they were just useing us as a storeage facilty ....
if that wasnt bad enough ....i was asked to clean the toilets .....i never did them .....im 25 , im not cleaning toilets anymore ....im pretty sure there gonna fire me for this one ...but i have to draw a line somewhere

So who normally does the toilets??? Why YOU? Why NOW?

Stoneage_Caddy
10-31-05, 11:52 PM
i got no idea ....as i left his office all i could say was "i cant belive you asked me to do that"....he hasnt said anything to me yet , so i aint sure if he even checked to see if it got done ...

Ive had an offer from the VA for 2 weeks now that i wasnt going to do anything with ....i went ahead and summited for the offer , and wrote a note to the group asking me to come back telling them "after much thought" kinda deal ....

its sad that i wont be around caddys all day ....but im not cleaning toilets , plain and simple , and i aint doing this for 8.50 per hour anymore

Ralph
10-31-05, 11:56 PM
i got no idea ....as i left his office all i could say was "i cant belive you asked me to do that"....he hasnt said anything to me yet , so i aint sure if he even checked to see if it got done ...
Ive had an offer from the VA for 2 weeks now that i wasnt going to do anything with ....i went ahead and summited for the offer , and wrote a note to the group asking me to come back telling them "after much thought" kinda deal ....
its sad that i wont be around caddys all day ....but im not cleaning toilets , plain and simple , and i aint doing this for 8.50 per hour anymore

Were you happy at the VA? Why did you leave there again? So they miss you obviously......

Do you think the dealership WANTS to get rid of you? How was that extra help working out....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 12:08 AM
Were you happy at the VA? Why did you leave there again? So they miss you obviously......
Do you think the dealership WANTS to get rid of you? How was that extra help working out....
I left the VA for 2 reasons , one was the girl that ..well lets just say i was fond of her and now im not ....the other reason was my pay kept getting ****ed up and i didnt want to earn 5.15 per hour anymore .....shes supposedly gone , and the pay will be even more than double what i make now .....yes i enjoyed working there ...

As for the dealer wanting me gone .....its the worst move they could make , ive never done anything wrong , and i work harder than anyone there ....they know it , and im told it every day how much everyone appricates what i do ...even one of the girls that writes service called me as i was leaving the dealership , she was behind me in the traffic jam and saw my layin of a nice 30 foot patch of rubber as i left the dealer...i got the "whats wrong honey" bit ....i told her and she said "thats why you looked stressed for the past 4 hours" .....she fully understood , apprently the behind the scenes grumbles with everyone there is why i am still there , and why im in the position im in , they all see how awkward it is , and even she knows and admits id run circles around everyone on that service drive if i was given the chance ....they contue to let me stagnate , they keep feeding me the excuse "were waiting for the buliding" ....well , thats been months ....im done waiting ....it aint gonna happen ....time for me to move on ...esp after todays "toilet" ....

whats the kicker is the bathroom they wanted me to clean , it was the customer bathroom , some customer pissed and shit all over the floor ......

as for the new "help"......LOL......it "helps" itself to the customer refreshments all day and spends the time not stuffing its face with food on the damned phone is missing somewhere ....lets just say the ACLU will make sure ill be fired before this person .....welcome to america , land of the free ....unless your not speical like me ....

Ralph
11-01-05, 12:16 AM
I left the VA for 2 reasons , one was the girl that ..well lets just say i was fond of her and now im not ....the other reason was my pay kept getting ****ed up and i didnt want to earn 5.15 per hour anymore .....shes supposedly gone , and the pay will be even more than double what i make now .....yes i enjoyed working there ...
As for the dealer wanting me gone .....its the worst move they could make , ive never done anything wrong , and i work harder than anyone there ....they know it , and im told it every day how much everyone appricates what i do ...even one of the girls that writes service called me as i was leaving the dealership , she was behind me in the traffic jam and saw my layin of a nice 30 foot patch of rubber as i left the dealer...i got the "whats wrong honey" bit ....i told her and she said "thats why you looked stressed for the past 4 hours" .....she fully understood , apprently the behind the scenes grumbles with everyone there is why i am still there , and why im in the position im in , they all see how awkward it is , and even she knows and admits id run circles around everyone on that service drive if i was given the chance ....they contue to let me stagnate , they keep feeding me the excuse "were waiting for the buliding" ....well , thats been months ....im done waiting ....it aint gonna happen ....time for me to move on ...esp after todays "toilet" ....
whats the kicker is the bathroom they wanted me to clean , it was the customer bathroom , some customer pissed and shit all over the floor ......
as for the new "help"......LOL......it "helps" itself to the customer refreshments all day and spends the time not stuffing its face with food on the damned phone is missing somewhere ....lets just say the ACLU will make sure ill be fired before this person .....welcome to america , land of the free ....unless your not speical like me ....

Howry fart!! That's an explaination allright!:shhh:

Ok, so you'll make more back at the VA, and you'll be happy, (if I understand correctly) then I definately recommend going back to the VA for your health and monetary interests.:sneaky:

How about becomming a salesman?? Would that be an option at the dealership?

What's the deal on this nice lady, is she "into" you and is she single??:shhh: :highfive:

So now you will see what they say or do to you after you said "heck no, NO TOILETS!" and I take it you don't care if they "let you go."

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 12:31 AM
Howry fart!! That's an explaination allright!:shhh:
Ok, so you'll make more back at the VA, and you'll be happy, (if I understand correctly) then I definately recommend going back to the VA for your health and monetary interests.:sneaky:
How about becomming a salesman?? Would that be an option at the dealership?
What's the deal on this nice lady, is she "into" you and is she single??:shhh: :highfive:
So now you will see what they say or do to you after you said "heck no, NO TOILETS!" and I take it you don't care if they "let you go."
LOL , a woman interested in me .....LOL thats rich .....no , not at all ....shes older , but very pretty ...but no , its one of those deals .....theres no way it could work "even if" .... just nice people i talk to ...

im sure becoming a salesmen would be an option , but thats not for me ...

but no , i dont care anymore , they can fire me if they want , i wont shed no tears over it ....

Ralph
11-01-05, 12:43 AM
LOL , a woman interested in me .....LOL thats rich .....no , not at all ....shes older , but very pretty ...but no , its one of those deals .....theres no way it could work "even if" .... just nice people i talk to ..

Never say never. Women in their 30's are tigers!!! Usually divorced and eager to "get back on the saddle" if you know what I mean.:shhh: :hmm:

Oh well, keep us updated on what the boss says tomorrow....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 12:45 AM
sure will , and ill let you know if he takes his next meal thru a straw ... hes a nice guy but hes really pissing me off with this shit ....he needs to grow some damn balls and get the people he hired to do the job to do the damn job ....cuz i need to do mine ...

Ralph
11-01-05, 12:47 AM
sure will , and ill let you know if he takes his next meal thru a straw ... hes a nice guy but hes really pissing me off with this shit ....he needs to grow some damn balls and get the people he hired to do the job to do the damn job ....cuz i need to do mine ...

Just keep your cool dude, and you don't need a lawsuit or anything. (although I'm sure you are joking) Just as long as you don't show up and go "postal" on the place, you'll be just fine.:highfive:

See if he is genuinely in a jam, because maybe he only wants you to do toilets once?? The problem is of course, is that if you do them once, you would have to do them again and again, or would be asked to....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 12:51 AM
LOL ...well there is some documentation as to what i did to one "boss" some years ago ....but he pushed me around for YEARS before i finnaly broke , after he asked "what do you do all weekend sit around and watch pornos and eat cheetos till your dick turns ornage?" .....did it for me , across the table i went ....

but yah im kidding , aint no reason to hurt him ...but i will impress upon him how important it is for everyone to do there jobs ...cogs in a machine , all the little cogs need to go together to move forward ....

Ralph
11-01-05, 12:54 AM
he asked "what do you do all weekend sit around and watch pornos and eat cheetos till your dick turns ornage?" ..

And just what the He** is wrong with that!!!!!?????????? I do that everyday!!!!!!!!!:shhh: :highfive: That's a GREAT passtime!

:yawn:

j/k!:duck:

urbanski
11-01-05, 08:14 AM
LOL , a woman interested in me .....LOL thats rich .....no , not at all ....shes older , but very pretty ...but no , its one of those deals .....theres no way it could work "even if" .... just nice people i talk to ...
dude just go for it, you only live once

Adam
11-01-05, 01:02 PM
so you dont have the balls to ask her out huh? just do it, you never know til you try!

Night Wolf
11-01-05, 02:11 PM
eh, my story of "the one that got away" is a '59 Caddy...

at the time i thought the price was very high, but later (now) when I think of it, it was very resonable... the worst thing was, I really dindn't have all the money at the time...

but now when I do think about it... I would have sold the '79 DeVille, my Oldsmobile and all my vintage audio equipment.... bascially nearly anything of value that I own... besides the '93 Coupe... the '59 Cadillac, even if it's a 4 door Series 62 is a dream of mine, and I kinda wished I really tried to get it.

they wanted $5,000 for it, and were pretty firm... it was there for awhile so I *maybe* could have got it for $4,000 if I really tried, but it needed a new windsheild and new complete exhaust system as bare minimum... the guy said he knew guys that could do each, and it would be about $1,000 for both of those.

That car was in good shape though, 65k miles, power windows and seat, autronic eye... no AC or cruise, but ah well... the engine and engine bay were freakin clean...

I guess my story "the one that coulda slipped away, but I got" is my '79 Sedan DeVille d'Elegance..... for $300..... thats the reason I really don't want to sell it, but if I ever am able to sell it for what I would want, the only way would be if it went towards a '59 Caddy

Adam
11-01-05, 02:23 PM
AHHHHH, 5k for that! oh man i wish i could find a deal like that, man i would buy that so damned fast. i bet your just kicking yourself in the ass right now. that is pretty sharp, looks like the interior needs a little work but not much.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 11:41 PM
so you dont have the balls to ask her out huh? just do it, you never know til you try!
LOL ...when you know the awnser is "No" it takes all the fun out fo the game ....

BTW ralph , the italian girl ....shes getting married VERY soon ....glad i didnt move on that without learning more ....LOL ....

you guys dont understand my "luck" ...Im done dateing (or trying) for another year ...I have lots to change before i can try again ....the first is my job ....i want something more respectable ....

Ralph
11-01-05, 11:54 PM
LOL ...when you know the awnser is "No" it takes all the fun out fo the game ....
BTW ralph , the italian girl ....shes getting married VERY soon ....glad i didnt move on that without learning more ....LOL ....
you guys dont understand my "luck" ...Im done dateing (or trying) for another year ...I have lots to change before i can try again ....the first is my job ....i want something more respectable ....

A) Women are most vulnerable when they are about to get married! Now's the time to move in and show her what's she's going to be missing! Break up that loveless marriage!

B) Was the Stonemeister cleaning out the toilets today? Or did he decide to use the facilities himself and tell the boss they really need to hire a janitor?

Stoneage_Caddy
11-01-05, 11:59 PM
LOL , nope still havent touched a toilet .... i just kept going on the whole fileing mess in the back ....another job no one wanted to do and i somehow ended up with ....all there doing is movdiateing me more to make sure i get that job at the VA ....

the whole "being nothing" thing is REALLY bugging me ....i used to be a damn legend , now i tell storys of those days ......im in my mid 20s , supposed to be earning at least 40k per year and married , that was a goal ...im blowing by that still working dead end jobs like im 18 .... i want ....no...i deserve more....and damnit im gonna get it .....come hell or high water .....

Night Wolf
11-02-05, 01:24 AM
AHHHHH, 5k for that! oh man i wish i could find a deal like that, man i would buy that so damned fast. i bet your just kicking yourself in the ass right now. that is pretty sharp, looks like the interior needs a little work but not much.

it sat in a barn for like 20 years, the old guy that always wanted it finally got it, but then got sicka nd coudlnt fix it, so he brought it to that shop and told them to get it running, he wanted $4k for the car and said to get whatever they can, so they figured $1k for the work (battery, oil change, points and new throttle return spring) and then what they want for selling it.

the doors had ripples in them, like there was big dents but they were pulled... body filler would suck, but it would be the only way to really clean it up. the rear skirts were in the back seat.

he said the turnk was full of spare parts, tail lights, trim pieces etc...

the interior was mint! needed new carpet and headliner (shot). It had power windows, 6-way power seat, and a few other options.

its hard to buy something when you simply don't have the money, your parents don't want you to have it, and you wont have the money, time or place to fix it up... those are the reasons I paseed.

that black/white interrior is my ultimate favorite... II would repaint the car black though.

In the visor was an old pic.. 70's I think, of the car all mint... it was cool, in color.

when I really think about it, it would be sweet to have, but all other things were putting me against it.... but it was in great shape, local and a decent price.

Oh yeah, the moulding along th side fell off and someone rivited it to the body... making the edges flat :banghead:

davesdeville
11-02-05, 06:44 AM
A) Women are most vulnerable when they are about to get married! Now's the time to move in and show her what's she's going to be missing! Break up that loveless marriage!

:rofl: You're a bad, bad man Ralph. :p

FSU_Noles
11-02-05, 10:58 AM
Here you go Stoney... if you can get up north...Allante at an auction, starting at $100.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=495525&postcount=1

Stoneage_Caddy
11-02-05, 11:17 AM
thats tempting ....gonna wait for now ....the one here is still sitting at work ....hopefully the owner was BSin my boss ....there may still be hope yet ....if it falls thru ill just wait till i get a beatter job and a beatter place to work on this stuff , id like to have it in a garage close to where i live ....theres some killer apartments up the street that have garages ...once all thats settled ill start looking again ....

probalem is there are so many reasonably priced corvettes out there

FSU_Noles
11-02-05, 11:36 AM

probalem is there are so many reasonably priced corvettes out there

... and that's the problem. The Corvette has come to the point where there are SO many of them that they really lack any "wow" factor. I had a Corvette back in the day (1991) and it was great, I used to drag and autocross in it - I drove it the way Corvettes were meant to be driven - Hard.

While I will still own another (preferably a 63) it will not be a late model.

Stoneage_Caddy
11-02-05, 11:39 AM
... and that's the problem. The Corvette has come to the point where there are SO many of them that they really lack any "wow" factor. I had a Corvette back in the day (1991) and it was great, I used to drag and autocross in it - I drove it the way Corvettes were meant to be driven - Hard.

While I will still own another (preferably a 63) it will not be a late model.
good point ....there kinda like a camry ....damn things are everywhere ...i do enjoy being diffrent .....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 09:29 PM
The allante is still at the dealer ....maybe ....just maybe......

Ralph
11-04-05, 09:38 PM
... and that's the problem. The Corvette has come to the point where there are SO many of them that they really lack any "wow" factor.

Do you really believe that the new Z06 with 505 hp won't have any WOW factor??!! I certainly hope that we haven't become THAT bored with our everyday lives where we would fail to find 505 hp "exciting.":suspense:

470 ft lbs of torque certainly doesn't hurt either!

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 09:42 PM
i think i know what he means ralph ....the cars are stellar but there common , were talking WOW as in WOW i havent seen one of those in forever ....

im a diehard vette guy myself ...but i have noted this treand among folks that buy these things as a symbol and to get laid while the wife is away

Ralph
11-04-05, 09:46 PM
i think i know what he means ralph ....the cars are stellar but there common , were talking WOW as in WOW i havent seen one of those in forever ....
im a diehard vette guy myself ...but i have noted this treand among folks that buy these things as a symbol and to get laid while the wife is away

Throw a Maggie on it then.:cool2:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-04-05, 10:01 PM
good idea ...magnacharger on a big bore allante engine ...

Night Wolf
11-04-05, 11:52 PM
I agree about the Corvette thing... especially with C4's very cheap now... I just see them around so much.

Honeslty I like the Corvette just because it's the classic American... supercar? I dunno...whatever it is classified as.

But I don't WANT to own one... ya know, it's like I am not saying "omg by age 40 I need one" Yeah they are fast, but I really don't have the desire to go fast in a sports car, I dunno... to me, sleppers appeal more... go fast in the '79, I may have to slow down to 30mph to make the turn, but at the light, Mustang boy would never guess this 27 year old Cadillac would kill him :)

Not that going fast is even all it... if I had $50k to plop down on a Corvette, I would hands down get a '59 Eldorado convertible, its that simple, I would get far more enjoyment owning, driving and looking at that car then I would a Corvette... while spending $50k on any car to me is alot, if I had say $15k to buy a used Corvette or $15k to buy a regular 4 door, but very good condition '59 Caddy, I would buy the '59 :)

Hard to explain.... I love going fast, I have topped out all 3 of my cars, they all stop around 110mph.... a few times I actually set the cruise right around 100mph for about 10mins... I did that in both the Caddy's and I enjoyed the high speed driving (1AM, NYS Thruway is dead)

To me, having a car that can do 180mph or whatever is kinda pointless here in the US, unless you go to a track every weekend, it just dosn't appeal to me. A Cadillac... weather it is my '93 Coupe or a '59 is best in normal everyday driving... they are made to be smooth and quiet and comfortable, so if I am in a traffic jam or going 55mph, I am fully enjoying my car for what it was made to do. The quiet and smooth high speed driving is just a plus too.

Perhaps thats why I am set on getting a Jeep Wrangler next, I want a convertible and I want a manual transmission... but I was a 4x4 truck, something that I can enjoy not being on the road... and if the Corvette is made to do 150mph all day, the Jeep is made to be out in the woods or in the mountains going 15mph all day thru places you'd normally only be able to walk thru. Atleast thats how I see it... no top, no doors, a beefy engine, four wheel drive and 6 gears to choose from, THAT to me is fun, on the road or off :).

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:16 AM
Throw a Maggie on it then.:cool2:
I'll take a 96 or so Viper GTS with twin turbos please, or the super charger set up, both push the 1000hp mark to the wheels....hehe...Hmm i could use that in my get-away with B....lol ok iam crossing threads here....

Stoneage_Caddy
11-05-05, 12:21 AM
Gimme a 85 Plymouth Relant "K" converted to rear drive (via charger parts) and powered by the 6.1 hemi ....and ill piss in boath yalls cornflakes

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:25 AM
oh...ok well wana get crazy now huh?? PT Cruiser panel van type....mid engine twin turbo viper V10 with 6 speed trany. BOYA!

Ralph
11-05-05, 12:29 AM
oh...ok well wana get crazy now huh?? PT Cruiser panel van type....mid engine twin turbo viper V10 with 6 speed trany. BOYA!

Hah! 1980 Fleetwood Brougham with a Geo Metro 3-Cylinder! With 13" spinners!

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 12:31 AM

:rofl:

I actually laughed out loud :)

DeVillish
ooohhh step back! we have a winner! :worship:

:helpless:

Kev
oh...ok well wana get crazy now huh?? PT Cruiser panel van type....mid engine twin turbo viper V10 with 6 speed trany. BOYA!Heh, lightweight.
1970 Chevy Van with Allison V12.... BOO yah!

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:34 AM
bring it on a road course and my cruiser will leave a bruiser! ....on the van...meaning you lost...never mind....

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 12:44 AM
Oh and BTW....

I win :)

http://boeing.com/companyoffices/gallery/images/commercial/747400er-fa239051.jpg

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:46 AM
you cant fit that on the track! :helpless:

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 12:51 AM
pffff.... who needs a track?

I am above and beyond the track :)

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 12:56 AM
but I see how it is....

if ya wanna play THAT way, here is my "track vehicle".... I trailer it though :)

http://shockwavejets.com/shockwave/SHOCKWAVE6.JPG

DeVillish
11-05-05, 12:56 AM
fine then....be that way...
http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/ladc1.jpg
SR-71 Blackbird

now i win!!

Ralph
11-05-05, 12:59 AM
You beat me to it Devillish......just make sure sure you don't get in front of THIS......:devil: CF-18

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/5494/18canada0xx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:01 AM
oh yeah....wait till you see what i got.....

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:02 AM
BAM!!
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/WrBr/wrights/photos/1903-flight-wright-640x450.gif

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 01:03 AM
pfff, you guys got it all wrong.

that 747 was just a cruiser.... here is my toy when I want to go fast :)

http://www.sg.hu/kep/2005_07/0721repul1.jpg

FEAR THE X :)

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 01:06 AM
You beat me to it Devillish......just make sure sure you don't get in front of THIS......:devil: CF-18
http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/5494/18canada0xx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

yeah but look, it has the Canadiean leaf on it..... so that musta been the test flight and it just sits in a mesuem somewhere :)

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:07 AM
HA! now what!

Ralph
11-05-05, 01:11 AM
holy crap! Wolf has a little red X! RUNNNN!!! :bouncy:

No, he means his Caddy!

Here's our museum piece:

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6066/cf188tigermee7ux.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:14 AM
oh...now he fixed it and i look like a dumbass...oh well...wow we really jacked this thread huh?

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 01:21 AM
oh...now he fixed it and i look like a dumbass...oh well...wow we really jacked this thread huh?

mwuauhahahahhahaha

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:25 AM
*points up* HA! now what.....

no really now what, iam bored as hell.

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 01:45 AM
yeah well, I win

the Discovery is the fastest... so ha!

DeVillish
11-05-05, 01:53 AM
HA!
http://www.amazingstarships.com/models/starships/enterprise-d_refit/enterprise-d_003.jpg

Ralph
11-05-05, 04:38 AM
yeah well, I win
the Discovery is the fastest... so ha!

But make sure you all the safety tests on that big boy before lift-off. The warranty won't help you after the fact.;)

Krashed989
11-05-05, 05:04 AM
Ohh yeah well>>>

http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2003-02-28/oldbike.jpg

Okay, umm, maybe not...

Night Wolf
11-05-05, 05:08 AM
HA!
http://www.amazingstarships.com/models/starships/enterprise-d_refit/enterprise-d_003.jpg

oh yeah..... ok then....

May not be the fastest on 4 wheels, but when I hit 88mph... I can travel thru time :)

http://www.moviecars.it/images/auto/delorean_dmc12_big3.jpg

Ralph
11-06-05, 01:27 AM
Stoney....did your classes resume with that cute Italian girl yet??:shhh: :cool2:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-05, 01:42 AM
told you about it in another thread .....shes getting married

Ralph
11-06-05, 01:46 AM
told you about it in another thread .....shes getting married

Dooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!

Oh ya, post #61!!!!

Never too late...:shhh: :cool2:

Stoneage_Caddy
11-06-05, 01:48 AM
im gonna get some sleep ....if i have to be awake for one more minute today ill friggin scream

illumina
11-06-05, 10:34 PM
HA!

Pu-leeze :D :p