: Confused about tires

newvie
10-27-05, 07:12 PM
Does anyone have experience with Michelin Pilot Alpin tires?

My original run flats are shot and I need something that will get me through the winter. Snow in central Ohio is actually not very severe (nothing like Cleveland).

These Michelins are touted as high performance snow tires. Does this mean they will perform well all year round? Would it be necessary to have two sets of tires?

CarToys
10-27-05, 07:18 PM
Being snow tires, they'd wear like crazy in the heat of summer. And I bet they'd get really noisey.

ace996
10-27-05, 07:43 PM
Overkill if you don't get too much snow. Take a peek at the Avon M+S or the Kumho ASX, both performance 4season tires.
-ace

rand49er
10-28-05, 06:56 AM
Overkill if you don't get too much snow. Take a peek at the Avon M+S or the Kumho ASX, both performance 4season tires.
-ace
Agreed. I've got Avon M550 A/Ss ready to go on. Plus, if you have to run them in the summer, they're fully capable, unlike pure snow tires.

Florian
10-28-05, 09:37 AM
Avons. 25K miles and no issues (other than the ubiquitous 'tire noise' they are famous for) and were great last winter in Cleveland. However, having driven the V last winter, I broke down and bought a 4x4 Jimmy for this winter.

F

CTSVONFIRE
10-28-05, 05:06 PM
I think my v is goin 2 sit the winter out unless it's a sunny day w/ no chance of snow.