: legs fall asleep in the car

malcolm
10-27-05, 11:26 AM
Has anyone noticed car seats have gotten shorter in recent years? I find sitting for any length of time causes my legs to fall asleep:crying2: . I have been looking for a solution, maybe sheepskin seat cover, not sure. Anyone have a similar problem and or a solution?

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 11:34 AM
Has anyone noticed car seats have gotten shorter in recent years? I find sitting for any length of time causes my legs to fall asleep:crying2: . I have been looking for a solution, maybe sheepskin seat cover, not sure. Anyone have a similar problem and or a solution?

I have this problem too. Particularly when i drive my Rover 114, my wife's Astra, My dads Vectra (mine has additional support) or in the Escalade. I find that putting a cushion in front of the seat (standing vertically against the front of the base) works for me.

malcolm
10-27-05, 12:48 PM
I have been looking around the web for solutions without much success. I am wondering if the DTS buckets would bolt up. I have actually considered dumping the STS for the DTS but really don't want to take the 9 grand hit it would cost me to do that. Anyone think changing seats is crazy? Maybe a custom upholstry shop could extend the seat?

RobertCTS
10-27-05, 01:03 PM
These would help you a lot but maybe another color?
http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/seats.jpg

malcolm
10-27-05, 01:18 PM
What I would really like to do is get an old school Caddy seat in there. I always liked the old ones. This isn't just a Caddy thing either I notice in rentals I have been in all the seats seem short. I want a rolling sofa.

RobertCTS
10-27-05, 01:25 PM
What I would really like to do is get an old school Caddy seat in there. I always liked the old ones. This isn't just a Caddy thing either I notice in rentals I have been in all the seats seem short. I want a rolling sofa.
What about Captain seats out of a van? You might lose your console.

malcolm
10-27-05, 03:26 PM
The thought did cross my mind but I just emailed a custom auto upholstry shop asking if they can lengthen the seat a few inches.

Spyder
10-27-05, 05:11 PM
Buy an older Caddy! :D

Krashed989
10-27-05, 05:22 PM
This only happens in my 94 when my wallet is too fat... lol... I can't say I hate that... :)

Spyder
10-28-05, 02:46 AM
Yeaaaa....wallet being too fat isn't often a problem with me...unless I've got a fat arse wad of ones...then it just sucks... ... :)

Ralph
10-28-05, 02:50 AM
I've noticed that about seats lately. My fiance didn't care for the Caddies seats because they are so long and she was short, so her feet barely touched. She had to put the seat down a ways to be comfortable LOL.