: I Am Overwhelmed

Kev
10-27-05, 01:58 AM
I am overwhelmed and humbled by the responses to my leaving. During these last couple of days it has been very difficult for me to stay away. This place has become my addiction. Thanks to all for your kind and encouraging thoughts. It gives me hope that things are on the upward move here.

I was a little distressed to see others mention leaving for a while as well, I wasnít meaning to start a trend and I certainly donít want to hurt the forum in any way. Sal is going through quite a bit himself with the cost of this place and now the disruption of his life due to Wilma, he doesnít need any more headaches. Iím going to see if I can budget the means to continue my support even if I am not here as often as I was.

Business wise, work is picking up again for me. Now the trick is to get my customers to pay in a timely manner. I need a guy who looks like Sal or Brett to personally encourage my customers to pay on time. Since Iím on the wrong coast I guess Iíll just have to look up a couple of old friends from the old neighborhood to help out in that area. Of course thereís the other approach that seems to work well, Get a guy who looks like heís homeless, no personal hygiene for at least a week, send him to the delinquent office where he politely asks for payment due and will kindly wait in their front office until the check is ready. Itís a plus if he likes smelly foods like sardines, tuna and havarti cheese etc. snacking on them frequently through the day.

Any way, Iíll be popping in from time to time, not as much as I used to but Iíll not abandon my friends here. I didnít mean to bum anyone out, for that I am sorry.

Thanks again,

Kev

PS. I like the Rev. Al Green

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:00 AM
You're back!!! :thumbsup: YAY!!!!!! :band: :cheers:

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:20 AM
:welcome: back!

I missed you union tinner!

Collecting money is the toughest/most important part of owning a business. Last month, our firm did about a million bucks worth of analysis for an aerospace company and they went under.....they gave us a bunch of worthless stock certtificates. (our firm is a tiny employee owned shop so this really hurt us bad) It happens.....ALOT. Its hard to be tough with your clients when you need repeat business. BTW there is insurance you can buy that covers any losses resulting from unpaid tabs.....maybe something to consider.

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:25 AM
I could go out and pretend to be a hooker and tell them the price is whatever they owe you, then I'd take the money and run!!!!! What do you think?

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:30 AM
I could go out and pretend to be a hooker and tell them the price is whatever they owe you, then I'd take the money and run!!!!! What do you think?

Noooo McC5 is my friend!!

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:32 AM
He is? I thought you were enemies in the other thread....Uh oh, is there a deal I don't know about going on?!

Kev
10-27-05, 02:37 AM
I could go out and pretend to be a hooker and tell them the price is whatever they owe you, then I'd take the money and run!!!!! What do you think?Oh, thanks for the thought but as the Father and guardian of three lovely young ladies close to your age I fear I would not deal well with that approach. I tend to be a bit overly protective.

My niece who lives with me works at a local pizza place, she had a problem with one of the guys there. I went to the place to discuss the situation with the young man and attempt to convince him to take a different path. The results were satisfactory. Her manager asked her; "Was that your Dad?" she responded; "No, that's my Uncle." manager; "He's a monster!" My niece tells me that when I walk in the place any guy working next to her steps aside to give her a little more space :hmm: :sneaky:. Now mind you, I've done nothing more than look them in the eye and speak in low but firm tones.

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:39 AM
LOL!! Good story! Hey I was just trying to help...

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:39 AM
He is? I thought you were enemies in the other thread....Uh oh, is there a deal I don't know about going on?!

Nah....anyone willing to fly around the world and pick me up in a private jet and fly me out to strip club in the UK would be my buddy 4 life!

McC5, so to reiterate, the airport code for sandiego is SAN. :wink:

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:42 AM
Nah....anyone willing to fly around the world and pick me up in a private jet and fly me out to strip club in the UK would be my buddy 4 life!
McC5, so to reiterate, the airport code for sandiego is SAN. :wink:

LOL!!!:histeric: :histeric: :thumbsup:

Yes, I'll take this time (Excuse us Kevo) to reiterate as well, that next week, when wifey is gone, I will be awaiting a flight to England....AGENDA: Pick up Powerglide, Pick up Dev, and then STRIP CLUB!!!!:banana:

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:42 AM
Oh, thanks for the thought but as the Father and guardian of three lovely young ladies close to your age I fear I would not deal well with that approach. I tend to be a bit overly protective.

My niece who lives with me works at a local pizza place, she had a problem with one of the guys there. I went to the place to discuss the situation with the young man and attempt to convince him to take a different path. The results were satisfactory. Her manager asked her; "Was that your Dad?" she responded; "No, that's my Uncle." manager; "He's a monster!" My niece tells me that when I walk in the place any guy working next to her steps aside to give her a little more space :hmm: :sneaky:. Now mind you, I've done nothing more than look them in the eye and speak in low but firm tones.

Now apply 'transferrence'.... imagine that all the clients who owe you money are trying to hit on your niece!

Kev
10-27-05, 02:47 AM
Now apply 'transferrence'.... imagine that all the clients who owe you money are trying to hit on your niece!Yes, but I think it's better to have someone else do the dirty work so that when the client is properly trained I can come back as the good guy when it comes time to get more work from them. :D

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:49 AM
A hooker IS someone else!!! j/k

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:50 AM
edit: double post thread hijack

powerglide
10-27-05, 02:55 AM
Yes, but I think it's better to have someone else do the dirty work so that when the client is properly trained I can come back as the good guy when it comes time to get more work from them. :D

The ole good cop bad cop works everytime!

A hooker IS someone else!!! j/k

LOL, I thought you wrote 'stripper' above......you're offerin to hook now!?
Can't wait to see what develops next week as Megan continues to 'open up' :)

Kev
10-27-05, 02:59 AM
Now remember, she said "pretend" so just keep your pants on there Monkey Boy! :tisk: ;) :D

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:59 AM
LOL, I thought you wrote 'stripper' above......you're offerin to hook now!?
Can't wait to see what develops next week as Megan continues to 'open up' :)

LMAO!!!!!!!! Hey I was trying ot help a friend in need. I wasn't actually gonne have sex with the guys, just take the money and run :D

See, I got TOO comfortable with you guys!! :sneaky:

powerglide
10-27-05, 03:06 AM
**out of breath**

awwww you mean I ran to the ATM for nothin?

**pant pant pant**

Spyder
10-27-05, 03:07 AM
Hey Mac...if you're picking folks up in SD, lemme know when...its only a seven hour drive for me, I'll be there too!

LittleB
10-27-05, 03:07 AM
**out of breath**

**pant pant pant**

My bad, sorry! We're meetin at the golden gate tho...remember?!

Spyder
10-27-05, 03:08 AM
**out of breath**

**pant pant pant**
Beerslingings great...I always have loads of cash in my pockets! :D

powerglide
10-27-05, 03:10 AM
I guess its official then, the international CF meet will be at the club by McC5's place!

Performing will be our lovely Ms. M so bring lots of vertically folded british pounds gentlemen!

powerglide
10-27-05, 03:15 AM
My bad, sorry! We're meetin at the golden gate tho...remember?!

No we're meeting at the embarcadero center remember?

We decided we needed stronger ceilings and reinforced headboard :lildevil:

And ofcourse our friend Ralph will be standing by in the room next door with his trusty stalker kit and his Nikon...........the kissing rating website has outed him :)

Kev
10-27-05, 03:18 AM
Hmm.... am I gonna hafta have a little conversation with you too Powerglide? :bouncer:

LittleB
10-27-05, 03:18 AM
No we're meeting at the embarcadero center remember?
We decided we needed stronger ceilings and reinforced headboard :lildevil:
And ofcourse our friend Ralph will be standing by in the room next door with his trusty stalker kit and his Nikon...........the kissing rating website has outed him :)

Gooooood one :thumbsup: :D

:hide: j/k Ralph...luv ya!!

powerglide
10-27-05, 03:20 AM
Hmm.... am I gonna hafta have a little conversation with you too Powerglide? :bouncer:

mercy!
:hide:

Its late, B's talkin hookin, I better 'go to bed'
:lildevil:

Spyder
10-27-05, 03:58 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hehehe...wow, that put a smile on my face...

powerglide
10-27-05, 04:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! hehehe...wow, that put a smile on my face...

I'm glad I contributed to a merry 1500th post. Congrats!

Spyder
10-27-05, 04:15 AM
Oh, wow...hadn't even noticed... *moving on up* la-di-da! :D

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 06:25 AM
Mrs M performing???

Nah she just does that for me ;)

Shes away at a conference next week :sneaky: so we bring in the hired strippers! And Megan of course :p

LOL Go Kev!! defend you niece's honour. I have a strict vetting process that my daughter's potential boyfriends. When she invited them over, i meet them, ask some minor questions, make polite smalltalk etc.

Then i offer them a ride home :sneaky: :lildevil: I ask the most awkward questions possible, i give them the Spanish inquisition."What do you intend with my daughter?" "do you have a job?" "what do you parents do?"

I have had the same problem before with clients not paying up, so if its a big enough project for me to take a hit with, i demand two or three payments. One up front, one mid wa through the project, and if its big one at the end.

We did have some trouble with one guy, i did a total redesign on his house, it wasnt a massive job, but i was just starting out so i took all the work i could get, my Dad and I went to his house at 5:30am and asked for a payment :D

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 06:28 AM
Forgot

KEV!!!!!!!

You're back

WOOOWOOO

Also glad the business is picking up......

And never underestimate the Cadillacforums! Youre a much valued member of these forums!!

powerglide
10-27-05, 12:34 PM
Mrs M performing???

Nah she just does that for me ;)

No no! I wouldn't say something like that about your wife~!

I said:

Performing will be our lovely Ms. M so bring lots of vertically folded british pounds gentlemen!

as in Ms. Megan!

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 12:38 PM
No no! I wouldn't say something like that about your wife~!
I said:
as in Ms. Megan!

Saved yourself well there.

Anyway whats wrong with my wife :want:

:p

Megan im putting a pole into my Study.

How about it??:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

powerglide
10-27-05, 12:47 PM
Saved yourself well there.
Anyway whats wrong with my wife :want:
:p

hehehe.....after reading what you did to that crook who slashed your tires I figured I'd set the record straight!

:histeric:

LittleB
10-27-05, 01:12 PM

I'm SO ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :D

However, I will have to have you and your friends sign a waiver, because I cannot be held responsible if you, or any of your friends fall in love with me. Keep in mind, that it will be an unforgettable experience..... ;) :thumbsup:

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 01:24 PM
LOL!

:histeric:

LittleB
10-27-05, 01:26 PM
This is a serious matter, I'm not joking :sneaky: :D

Is it up on a platform with mirrors everywhere? Even on the ceiling?!

mccombie_5
10-27-05, 01:32 PM
This is a serious matter, I'm not joking :sneaky: :D
Is it up on a platform with mirrors everywhere? Even on the ceiling?!

Uhhh

It can be :D

LittleB
10-27-05, 01:33 PM
Lmao!!!

Ralph
10-27-05, 09:35 PM
Talk of "hooking" and I wasn't made aware!!! There's good money in that, tax free!!

Seriously GLAD you are here Kevo!!:highfive:

Hey howcome when you click "Go Advanced" it compresses all the sentences.......I hate that...

TomDeville
10-27-05, 10:37 PM
Hi Esteemed Caddyfriends,

Kev I am glad that you are
going to hang around. You
are an intelligent and insightful
Gentleman, with an exceptional
sense of humour.

Frankly, I was truly pissed off when
you indicated that you would be
splitting the scene.

On behalf of all your friends
herein, we are all obliged to you and
thank you kindly for reconsidering
your position.

Warmest Personal Regards,

TomDeville
:cool2: :cool2:

davesdeville
10-28-05, 04:36 AM
^^Yeah what he said. Some people are good with words like that.

Oh, and some of you all are dirty guys :p

Ralph
10-28-05, 04:38 AM
Oh, and some of you all are dirty guys :p

How else could some of us ever learn about women??:shhh: