: I officially met my first Member from here!!!

LittleB
10-26-05, 01:43 PM
Hey guys,
I just met pjohnesq:bouncy: !! What a small world. He is in town for business and the crazy thing is, he is working IN MY BUILDING!!!! How freaking WEIRD is that!!!!! We just met down on the 2nd floor! Anyway, I just wanted to share that with everyone. I wish I got to travel for business, then I'd get to meet more of you! :thumbsup: :D

pjohnesq
10-26-05, 02:07 PM
Yup, Littte B gets added to the list of the forum members that I meet while traveling...I am in Oakland in a deposition and next thing I know, the deposition is in the same building where Little B works. She came down to say hi....The other funny thing is that the conference room where I am faces the parking lot and where her Black CTS is located..I'm looking at it right now and that is one hot looking CTS....oh yeah, so is Little B!

FSU_Noles
10-26-05, 02:07 PM
That is cool..., I now wonder everytime I see someone in a Cadi, "hey I wonder if that's.... <insert name here> from the forums?"

LittleB
10-26-05, 02:09 PM
I'm looking at it right now and that is one hot looking CTS....oh yeah, so is Little B!

Well thank you!! :cloud9: :D Wish your CTS was here though...

LittleB
10-26-05, 02:10 PM
That is cool..., I now wonder everytime I see someone in a Cadi, "hey I wonder if that's.... <insert name here> from the forums?"

Yep, you never know! Definitely a small world!

Sandy
10-26-05, 02:20 PM
You could come to the East coast, ah, like here, in New Jersey. But, wait until Late January, for the full effect ! You'll marvel in the ice incased sidewalks and steps, holding onto the ice encased railings. You'll throughly enjoy the roads, covered in a combination platter of mud, slush, ice & snow, as that black beauty slips 'n slides its way down the road. You'll stare in wondermint at the daily fender benders from ding-a-lings who first attemp to apply the brakes as they did in the prior August ! It's also fun to wait outside in loooong lines at the movies, outside, in wind chills of +3 degrees. (It does wonderful things to your nose!!) Also alot of fun is pushing that grocery cart from the food store to your car, over chunks of ice, and trying to keep it from tipping over! Get a frisky puppy, like a 5 month old Bull Terrier and hook him up to his leash, and let him take you for a "pull-on-the-ice" ~ lots 'o fun, there! You'll also enjoy that snowball that seemingly comes outta nowhere at 50 MPH into the side of that nice CTS, as you are driving. That will keep you ALERT ! Lots of great stuff here in Jersey to enjoy in the winter!! Come on Over !

mccombie_5
10-26-05, 02:22 PM
LOL!!!

:histeric:

Sounds like this place in winter ;)

Im looking to meet some UK owners if there are any :(

I very rarely see Caddies on the roads here.....

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 02:28 PM
LOL!!!

Sounds like this place in winter ;)
Im looking to meet some UK owners if there are any :(
I very rarely see Caddies on the roads here.....

LOOK AT THE UPSIDE McC. YOUR CTS IS VERY UNIQUE AND MUST TURN A LOT OF HEADS ON THE ISLAND. Sorry for the caps

pjohnesq
10-26-05, 02:43 PM
You'll also enjoy that snowball that seemingly comes outta nowhere at 50 MPH into the side of that nice CTS, as you are driving. That will keep you ALERT ! Lots of great stuff here in Jersey to enjoy in the winter!! Come on Over !
Or try commuting from Brooklyn to Short Hills, NJ during thw winter in a rear wheel drive Toyota Supra....I did that commute while I lived in Brooklyn until I moved to sunny CA!! So I feel your "pain" being from the east coast nyself...

Sandy
10-26-05, 02:45 PM
Short Hills ! I live 4 miles away ! My friend lives in Short Hills & owns a business in NYC ! I think he takes the train from Millburn......

FSU_Noles
10-26-05, 02:52 PM
Lots of great stuff here in Jersey to enjoy in the winter!! Come on Over !

You work for the NJ Department of Tourism right?? :getaway:

mccombie_5
10-26-05, 02:53 PM
LOOK AT THE UPSIDE McC. YOUR CTS IS VERY UNIQUE AND MUST TURN A LOT OF HEADS ON THE ISLAND. Sorry for the caps

<faints>

I have no CTS :sneaky:

Deville DHS
Seville STS
Escalade ESV

My wife is looking into a Deville Concours AND a new DTS

They do turn heads though, i always get compliments and people asking if its as luxurious as they hear

dbdartman
10-26-05, 04:44 PM
You'll throughly enjoy the roads, covered in a combination platter of mud, slush, salt, ice & snow, as that black beauty slips 'n slides its way down the road.

Sir, you forgot the salt, which is directly responsable for the slush, & also creats those wonderfully customized lower body panels. :nono:

Then there's the fun of shoveling 4-6 feet of compacted snow from the driveway apron, pushed there by the plows clearing the street, or navigating the mountains of compacted plowed snow in most every intersection. Or... as a pedestrian, climbing a mountain of snow at an intersection to cross the street.

Then there's the annual shootings over parking spaces. It's not uncommon to see such spaces "reserved" with lawn furnature, kitchen chairs, & garbage cans.

Me, I don't care. I finally have a 4WD truck, & if that gets stuck I have a John Deere 4400 4WD with a bucket & back hoe. :thumbsup: So... BRING IT ON!:rolleyes:

addison_ii
10-26-05, 05:26 PM
I've met 2 Brians (90Brougham350 & MNCTS_VETT). Pretty Cool people if I may say so.

LittleB
10-26-05, 11:07 PM
How did this turn into a conversation about weather conditions?:hmm:

Kev
10-27-05, 02:04 AM
Megan, I'm assuming your building is in Downtown Oakland? Is it near Lake Merrit?

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:06 AM
Yes it is! Right across the street!

Kev
10-27-05, 02:09 AM
Sweet, but you have to work in the center cubes with no window I suppose. I like it around there, lots of good memories.

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:11 AM
I am not in a cubical, my desk is near the door, but the whole office has floor to ceiling windows surrounding it, so I can always look out, it's really pretty with Lake Merritt being right there and all. Where do you live again? (I know you grew up in Oakland) but how far away are you now?

Kev
10-27-05, 02:13 AM
I'm 4 1/2 hours south near the Central Coast. I get up there fairly regularly, most all my clients are up there.

Hey what is the name of that little restaurant/bakery at the south end of the lake? Do you know which one I mean?

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:17 AM
YES!! OMG I am drawing a blank....I can tell you tomorrow! Hey since you know where I work now, if you are ever in the area PM me!!

Kev
10-27-05, 02:21 AM
DOH! I remember, it's Merrit Restaurant and Bakery! On E 18th!

LittleB
10-27-05, 02:22 AM
I almost said Lake Merrit Bakery, but I was thinking there was another name.....

Kev
10-27-05, 02:26 AM
It's been a year at least since I last had lunch there with a co-worker. It's been around since I can remember. My cousins and I would go there for breakfast every now and then. It could use a little remodeling for sure but the food was still pretty good the last time I was there.

davesdeville
10-28-05, 04:04 AM
Well you're lucky. 30k or however many members here and only one from NM, and that dude's still like 150 miles away. And on my other local forum out of 3k members there are 2 Cadillacs... both owned by me. No love for the Caddys in NM :(