: INJECTORS checking? cleaning?

~DIRTY~
10-26-05, 03:36 AM
My car seems to run like crap unless i have some addative to the gas (spiting and sputtering) without addatives it feels as if it is misfiring, but I have no misfire codes coming up. I have 106,000 on it and havent replaced the coil packs before. The dealership said it sounds like injectors since it runs good with addatives but without it spits at high rpms. Is there a way to check injectors or maybee even the coil packs? or should I have them do their power flush on the injectors. does it realy work?

Kcryan
10-27-05, 10:18 PM
try chevron techron, if that doesnt work, its probally the injectors, but then again ive had both go on my 98 (coil and injectors that is)

~DIRTY~
10-28-05, 03:21 AM
The techron addative is the only thing that seems to work. Did yours have simular symptoms (running good with techron and awful without at higher speeds?) that techron seems to be the miracle cure, until i need more gas.

ikarukeion
10-31-05, 09:58 PM
The best fuel additive I have found is made by a company called Lucas. It is a fuel injector cleaner. It is better than any petroleum or synthetic additive you will find. A general rule, "spitting and sputtering" are signs of a fuel problem, with exceptions, and sudden stalling are signs of an electrical problem.

~DIRTY~
11-02-05, 11:35 PM
GOT it figured out, the shop I took it too months ago for some work somehow lost 3 of my 5 clips that hold my airbox closed, thus throwing off my mass air flow sensor,*RUNS GREAT FOR NOW* found this one out luckily by accident. Thanks for the input..

ronnieb
11-17-05, 05:10 PM
My clips got lost as well. Currently I have bungie cords holding the air filter lid closed. How much did the replacement clips cost? Part number?

inconnu
11-17-05, 08:25 PM
My clips are missing too that is why i put screws on the box and so far so good :shhh:

Kcryan
11-20-05, 03:33 PM
Check out a produce called fuel power too, made by Lube control, google it its real good stuff

R-Caddy
11-20-05, 10:22 PM
I use SI Red Line Complete Fuels System Cleaner. This stuff actually works! The initial cleanup with whole bottle isn't bad at all...