: Slow Leak in 24 inch Tire

rcgait1
10-25-05, 06:31 PM
Can it be patched? Fixed? Any advise?

Falkolade
10-25-05, 07:20 PM
depends the size of the hole on if it can be patched... nail hole yes, a rip like it was slashed no... Provide more info.

I wish I had the problem of having 24s as opposed to my chrome 17s...

JOHNNYRENO
10-25-05, 09:23 PM
SMALL HOLE ALL YOU NEED IS A PLUG KIT, few bucks and really easy to do its a must when im riding my chopper cant leave it anywhere for more than a few minutes. or no chopper. any walmart or auto parts store

rcgait1
10-25-05, 09:48 PM
No slashes. Just need to put air in the tire once every 2 weeks or so. Get down to about 20 psi and the tire sensor light goes on. You can actuall see that its low. In the past with smaller "stock" wheels. I would take the wheel off, take it to the shop and they would put it in water to see where the bubble was coming from.

slimm44
10-25-05, 09:55 PM
No slashes. Just need to put air in the tire once every 2 weeks or so. Get down to about 20 psi and the tire sensor light goes on. You can actuall see that its low. In the past with smaller "stock" wheels. I would take the wheel off, take it to the shop and they would put it in water to see where the bubble was coming from.
then do that again.

Avon Custom Wheels
10-25-05, 10:11 PM
Mix a little dish soap with water and put it around the valve stem. Other than finding a nail on 24's I'd be looking for a cracked rim. Real easy to do with 35 series tires. We just replaced a set of 24's for a guy that bent 2 of them. He blamed it on his wife.

csmooth79
10-26-05, 03:43 PM
I wish I had the problem of having 24s as opposed to my chrome 17s...

I dont know if you want those problems, this guy (like I would) is looking at $500+ if this isnt a simple repair (tire plug, valve stem).