: Quick hello from a Lincoln guy!

pro-five-oh
03-04-03, 10:37 PM
Hey guys!

I got a link to this site from Sal's posting on FordvsChevy.com. This place looks great so I decided to join! Just a little hello from your competition! ;)

In case you were wondering, my dream Caddy is a 1967 Eldorado...

L8R!

AKPsiMC03
03-04-03, 10:41 PM
when i bought my eldo it was either this or a 93 mark VIII... a 97 or 98 LSC by far is the car id have if i could have any.

so hi :banana:

BeelzeBob
03-05-03, 01:31 AM
Welcome aboard, Pro-Five-Oh! Thanks for signing up.. I think both Lincoln and Cadillac need one another to stay on their toes.. Post some pics of your Mark VIII! I've always loved 'em - especially after they got the bigger grille and new tail lights...

elwesso
03-05-03, 03:27 PM
Hey man, welcome aboard. I liked the marks too. The interiors are much nicer than the cadillacs (pre 96) IMO, unfortunately no heated seats!!! Never a huge fan of the front end, but none the less great cars!!!

Mad'lac
03-05-03, 07:33 PM
Heated seats? I don't need no stinky heated seat!!! :D

AKPsiMC03
03-05-03, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Mad'lac
Heated seats? I don't need no stinky heated seat!!! :D

I do! :banana:

elwesso
03-05-03, 08:14 PM
Me too, in the winter my buns are sensitive to the cold. Besides, a 40,000 car [new] should at least have seat warmers!!

BeelzeBob
03-06-03, 08:13 AM
I rarely used them because I didn't want them to ever run out. hehe. My girlfriend loved them, though..

Brett
03-06-03, 08:39 AM
its pretty useless here in tampa, but i used them once in a while in Chicago...Cadillac needs the cooled seats that are becoming popular in the luxury arena

BeelzeBob
03-06-03, 08:46 AM
Not a bad idea...

elwesso
03-06-03, 04:31 PM
Cadillac already has cooled seats. Im not sure which car it is, but i know FO SHO that they have it. If im not mistaken, its on the brand new STS.

Brett
03-06-03, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
Cadillac already has cooled seats. Im not sure which car it is, but i know FO SHO that they have it. If im not mistaken, its on the brand new STS.

no cooled seats...if your talking about the 2005 STS it will be about 2 years before we can buy it so i dont think that counts

elwesso
03-06-03, 04:57 PM
XLR provides a new level in seating comfort and control. The seating areas can be heated or cooled, to adjust to your personal preference. So now, you can stay cool even with the top down under the summer noonday sun.

Direct from cadillacs website. Its the XLR i was thinking of.

Brett
03-06-03, 05:00 PM
well i had to be wrong sometime...although XLR isnt for sale yet...hopefully they will add this to more cars in the future...my love of black interiors and living in tampa really clash

BeelzeBob
03-06-03, 05:14 PM
I can imagine, Brett.. I love black interiors too - and they're bad enough in New York.. So, the XLR is the one.. I didn't know that either.. I guess the other Caddy's will start seeing this now as well...

elwesso
03-06-03, 07:13 PM
I like any interior, except for red. It is completely unacceptable to have red interior.

AKPsiMC03
03-06-03, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by elwesso
I like any interior, except for red. It is completely unacceptable to have red interior.

actually a white tbird SC looks good with the red cloth interior

elwesso
03-06-03, 08:00 PM
Some red is OK, but overall it isnt. Like red in a Ferrari looks good, but that is because its a ferrari.

pro-five-oh
03-06-03, 09:03 PM
Hey all,

Glad to be here. After all, both Lincoln and Cadillac folk are pretty odd in the realm of car enthusiasts...why aren't we Ford or Chevy guys??? ;)

Yup, I am a Lincoln guy but I really want to get a feel for what Cadillac nuts are doing to their cars...and what they expect in the future. I have high hopes for the "V" series, though I just can't stand the way that new CTS looks like. Waaaay too Pablo Picasso.

Here's a shot of my car...it is the 1993 model with the tiny grille and paper thin headlights. I really don't like the 1997-up models, just too clumsy looking compared to the older ones. All my other pics are too big to upload so here's the business end of it.

pro-five-oh
03-06-03, 09:04 PM
Oh, let me say that Sal and anyone else in charge of this board has done a BEAUTIFUL job with it. It is a fitting tribute to the "wreath and crest" that all of us love. :)

And...if anyone wants to chat with a variety of Lincoln owners...I'd recommend visiting www.lincolnsonline.com. I moderate the Mark VII board (another one of my loves) and we'd love to have friendly discussions with Cadillac folks!!!

elwesso
03-06-03, 09:07 PM
Nice car, resize the images so that we can see them!!!

BeelzeBob
03-06-03, 09:52 PM
Wow! I remember the first day that site started! It's come a LONG way. In fact, at the time that place went up, I had a Lincoln site with forums as well - called "Lincoln: Luxury & Performance". I still have a user account there.. I did love my LSC. :)