: RIMS --> Spacers?

Ryusou
10-25-05, 08:36 AM
I have heard somewhere that when you add bigger rims on the escalade, a good idea would to add a spacer between the hub and rim/
Anyone know about this?

Avon Custom Wheels
10-25-05, 09:09 AM
There would be no need to add spacers if you were using the correct wheels. We do not advise spacers since the use of spacers adds extra stress on the lug bolts and decreases the amount of available threads on the lug bolts to secure the wheels to the vehicle.

slimm44
10-25-05, 12:25 PM
There would be no need to add spacers if you were using the correct wheels. We do not advise spacers since the use of spacers adds extra stress on the lug bolts and decreases the amount of available threads on the lug bolts to secure the wheels to the vehicle.
:werd: wheel spacers and adapters are bad news:
http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/BaggedDogs/7262004102255AM34851.jpg

CadillacGrillz
10-25-05, 09:21 PM
i was wondering can u replace the whole bolts and everything new lets say on hummer u replace everything to make it 6 lugbolts

slimm44
10-25-05, 10:01 PM
you'd have to replace a whole lot more than just the bolts/studs to get 6 lug on a H2 (or 8 lug on a Lade). its pretty easy on the rear because of the solid axle (offroaders do it all the time when they swap to beefier axles) but the front would be a huge headache and wallet-ache.

Ryusou
10-26-05, 07:07 AM
I forgot what magazine I was reading, Truckin' maybe or something like that. anyways there was an article titled " A day in the life rollin on 24's. Basically it was about how the ride was for a person owning a escalade and rolling on 24's. The writer got to drive the ride and everything. When it came to the tips and advice, the guy who had the rims on said a good thing to do was add a spacer between the hub and the wheel, that way the tires wont be messing up the factory brake lines or something.
Well I talked to a guy down here and he told me the thing is to take out the spacers that are placed in there, which he did on mines. I dont know how that spacer ended up there in the first place. Also to my surprise before he said he took it out, everytime I would do a left turn, I would hear rubbing on the inner fender but when he said he took it out, no more rubbing:cool: