: Lincoln LS is Dead!

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 09:32 AM
I hope this isn't old news. The Lincoln LS sales have been way down and Ford has elected to end the run. I'd like to think the poor sales was the result of the CTS. The LS demise will surely bring others our way as it was the only American sport sedan in this price range. Someone told me the Lincoln Marauder was discontinued also. More fuel for the CTS-V.:yup:

Jesda
10-25-05, 09:39 AM
Mercury Marauder went bye-bye last year. 06 is the end of the beautiful Lincoln LS. That brand pretty much has nothing left worth looking at except the Town Car.

:(

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 10:10 AM
Mercury Marauder went bye-bye last year. 06 is the end of the beautiful Lincoln LS. That brand pretty much has nothing left worth looking at except the Town Car.:(

But Jesda,
The Town Car is a land yacht and probably to big for a CTS or LS car owners.

mccombie_5
10-25-05, 10:13 AM
But Jesda,
The Town Car is a land yacht and probably to big for a CTS or LS car owners.

What excatly does the Town Car compete with now?

I bought one in 2001, and i was unsure then but the Deville, or DTS (we all know its the Deville) is much much much more dynamic....

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 10:18 AM
What excatly does the Town Car compete with now?

I bought one in 2001, and i was unsure then but the Deville, or DTS (we all know its the Deville) is much much much more dynamic....

Yes the large Caddies and Mercury still make a land yacht similar to the town car. These are nice to ride it but I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.

mccombie_5
10-25-05, 10:20 AM
Yes the large Caddies and Mercury still make a land yacht similar to the town car. These are nice to ride it but I wouldn't want one as a daily driver.

Well, it doesnt really compete with the Deville or DTS, and i suppose Mercury Grand Marquis builds the same car!

Its a stand alone really. It might compete with the 1994-99 Deville....

I used a 2001 TC as my daily driver, it wasnt much fun.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 10:30 AM
Well, it doesnt really compete with the Deville or DTS, and i suppose Mercury Grand Marquis builds the same car!

Its a stand alone really. It might compete with the 1994-99 Deville....

I used a 2001 TC as my daily driver, it wasnt much fun.

McC,
You have so many cars you should never get bored driving.:D

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-25-05, 11:05 AM
I always liked the mid 90s (MK8?) Lincoln LSC.

It was a cheaper alternative to my STS and I almost bought one on a whim.

mccombie_5
10-25-05, 11:08 AM
McC,
You have so many cars you should never get bored driving.:D

LOL i dont, i love driving :D

The TC was to make me look good :cool2: it worked, the girls in the office called me "The Don" the whole time i owned it.

HRC, the MKVIII is a VERY attractive car and has a beautiful dashboard, i have never seen one in the UK, where was it?

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
10-25-05, 11:36 AM
There are a few.

I saw some advertised in Classic American magazine (one joker wanted 13K for it, but most are advertised in the 4-6K mark) and I saw them for real at the Billing Summer Natioanals american car show.

The dash is the loveliest design I have ever seen.

Adam
10-25-05, 01:57 PM
our CTS is killin em all slowly.

Jesda
10-25-05, 03:03 PM
The CTS is outselling the G35 and the comparably priced/powered version of the 3-series.

megeebee
10-25-05, 03:08 PM
Isn't that great! At the end of its fourth year on the market, the CTS is still doing very well.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 03:18 PM
Isn't that great! At the end of its fourth year on the market, the CTS is still doing very well.

Sure is! Unlike any car I've had before I have people come up to me and ask how I like it and they've been think about it. A real compliment IMO.

Playdrv4me
10-25-05, 05:39 PM
The CTS is not one of my personal favorites in that category, but I do have to commend the car for being such a runaway success. It appeals to just about every demographic from 20's to 60's. Its one of those cars that just sparked. If ever there were a ruler for a way to change something the right way, the CTS vs. the Catera would be it. The CTS is light years ahead of everything the Catera ever tried to be.

megeebee
10-25-05, 05:50 PM
Sure is! Unlike any car I've had before I have people come up to me and ask how I like it and they've been think about it. A real compliment IMO.

Me too. A week doesn't go by that I am asked about my car, or am simply given a compliment by a complete stranger. One of Cadillacs biggest gambles has paid off, and paid off big. No other car I've ever had (with the exception of the '61 Bentley), has ever garnered such reactions. My '92 Seville is probably 3rd place. That was a big deal in its day.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 05:58 PM
The CTS is not one of my personal favorites in that category, but I do have to commend the car for being such a runaway success. It appeals to just about every demographic from 20's to 60's. Its one of those cars that just sparked. If ever there were a ruler for a way to change something the right way, the CTS vs. the Catera would be it. The CTS is light years ahead of everything the Catera ever tried to be.

Wow..you seem to know all the good virtues of the CTS yet hold it at bay for you other favorites. What might that be?:hmm:

mccombie_5
10-25-05, 06:00 PM
Wow..you seem to know all the good virtues of the CTS yet hold it at bay for you other favorites. What might that be?:hmm:

He likes his beemers does Ian....

ben72227
10-25-05, 07:20 PM
Maybe the new Lincoln Zephyr will be able to compete with the standard CTS. They both have V6s, but I think the Lincoln has a six speed auto, and the CTS doesn't...

Playdrv4me
10-25-05, 09:17 PM
He likes his beemers does Ian....

Yup! I really do like BMWs alot but that doesnt change my respect for the CTS. Its a solid car that does what it is supposed to well and looks good doing it. Its certainly not a car I would NOT drive, I would love to own one, but I enjoy the feel and experience of the 3 Series and A4/S4 more personally.

ben72227
10-25-05, 09:45 PM
Yup! I really do like BMWs alot but that doesnt change my respect for the CTS. Its a solid car that does what it is supposed to well and looks good doing it. Its certainly not a car I would NOT drive, I would love to own one, but I enjoy the feel and experience of the 3 Series and A4/S4 more personally.

I agree. I think the current CTS seems like a 0.9 version rather than a full one. When you look at the Cadillac BLS and see how nice it's interior is, well it puts the CTS to shame. The CTS turns me off because of all of the black plastic on the console. The exterior looks fine, althought they could smooth out some of the edges and refine it a bit more. AND, they need a six speed auto in the next one, if they hope to compete with the Lincoln Zephyr...:sneaky:

ShadowLvr400
10-25-05, 10:16 PM
I hate to pull credit from the CTS, well not really, but the CTS isn't killing the Lincoln LS. The Lincoln is. Overall, they're as buggy as any of their Ford and Jag parents. The engines have done weird stuff to people, and the electronics are squirrely at best it seems.

Playdrv4me
10-26-05, 03:21 AM
Personally for me the LS was about on par with the CTS. They both had a slightly different flavor that appealed to me equally. The CTS of course had the big advantage of having the V version, and I personally got a kick out of the edgyness of the design (though that is to be toned down slightly for the next version) BUT the LS V8 was a good performer too, and damn near one of the best values in the Luxury car world.

Right now you can get a 280 some odd hp 2003 Lincoln LS V8 Premium Sport with Xenon Headlights, THX Navigation, Heated and Cooled seats, Electronic P-Brake and a host of other technological marvels for 21 or 22k with less than 30k miles. Thats a steal. The LS also had the CTS beat in the interior department as far Im concerned. The materials in the LS just felt a little more supple and came together a little better than those in the CTS, PARTICULARLY the center radio stack, something I always felt was just a bit cheezy in the CTS.

So again, yes the CTS is the better seller, and yes its more appealing and sexy on the outside, but the LS is a car which could have been every bit as good and was allowed to languish in mediocrity.

davesdeville
10-26-05, 06:39 AM
I expect the Zephyr to do fairly well. Because of one thing: advertising. I actually saw a Zephyr on a TV commercial. Not sure I could say the same about the LS. Although I love my Caddys, I'd probably take a Zephyr over a 3.2 CTS and would take an LS8 over a 3.6 CTS. Lincoln still has NOTHING in the performance department, they have got to find a V/M/AMG/SVT/SRT/"type r" (haha) for Lincoln.

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 07:01 AM
I expect the Zephyr to do fairly well. Because of one thing: advertising. I actually saw a Zephyr on a TV commercial. Not sure I could say the same about the LS. Although I love my Caddys, I'd probably take a Zephyr over a 3.2 CTS and would take an LS8 over a 3.6 CTS. Lincoln still has NOTHING in the performance department, they have got to find a V/M/AMG/SVT/SRT/"type r" (haha) for Lincoln.

My brother has the LS V8 and has been pleased with it. When he found out the LS was taking a fall he checked on the Zephyr and was disappointed that it didn't offer a V8 engine. He's thinking STS now.:D

Jesda
10-26-05, 10:34 AM
Save your money and buy a Mazda 6 and add $500 of sound deadening.

There you go, a do-it-yourself Lincoln Zephyr.

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 10:57 AM
Save your money and buy a Mazda 6 and add $500 of sound deadening.

There you go, a do-it-yourself Lincoln Zephyr.

A Mazda wouldn't be quite the same.http://usera.imagecave.com/BobsWork/flag.jpg

Jesda
10-26-05, 03:30 PM
The Mazda 6 is actually built in Michigan out of mostly American parts.

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 03:34 PM
The Mazda 6 is actually built in Michigan out of mostly American parts.

I know. Many countries and companies are coming to the USA to build products. I have mixed feelings about that. Maybe if Mazda changed it's name to Chevrolay? :D

ben72227
10-26-05, 06:32 PM
But Mazda is USA, or at least, its owned by Ford. The Mazdas look much cooler than the Fords, BUT the Ford Fusion looks pretty cool. The Zephyr styling (especially the tail lights) doesn't do much for me...

Don't you mean ChevroRay:p, since its a Jap company...:helpless:

RobertCTS
10-26-05, 06:35 PM
But Mazda is USA, or at least, its owned by Ford. The Mazdas look much cooler than the Fords, BUT the Ford Fusion looks pretty cool. The Zephyr styling (especially the tail lights) doesn't do much for me...

Don't you mean ChevroRay:p, since its a Jap company...:helpless:

You wonder how they can up with Corolla? The racist censors will be here soon!

Jesda
10-26-05, 07:38 PM
You guys are terrible. :D

AlBundy
10-26-05, 08:22 PM
I test drove both cars the Mark VIII LSC & the LS. Both cars were very enjoyable to drive. Hell I almost brought a VIII but my Eldo came along.

Caddy Man
10-27-05, 05:55 PM
Damn i dont know if im the only one, but i always rreally thought the LS was an attractive car.

I think its a bit too optimisitic though to sit here and claim that the reason for termination of the LS was the CTS.:rolleyes:

AlBundy
10-27-05, 06:24 PM
Your not the only one. It is an attractive car. Both of them(VIII) are.

ShadowLvr400
10-27-05, 06:54 PM
Not a big fan of the Mark 8, liked the Mark 7 though. As for looks, Lincoln LS crushes the CTS if you ask me. But the mechanical parts and electronics are too buggy.

AlBundy
10-27-05, 07:15 PM
Of course lets not forget the VII.

Randy_W
10-28-05, 12:17 AM
As for looks, Lincoln LS crushes the CTS if you ask me.

The only opinion that counts is that of the buying public, and they dissagree!:)

davesdeville
10-28-05, 04:22 AM
I know the general public isn't with me, but I like the look of understated class (LS) over "LOOK HOW COOL I AM!!!" (CTS.) The Mark VIII kicks ass, although I don't like the Hitler moustache(sp.) 97-98s as much.

I heard from a Mazda salesman that ford only owns like 1/3 of Mazda. Then again he was a car salesman.

Jesda
10-28-05, 09:07 AM
Ford owns 1/3 of Mazda, which enables technological sharing without huge responsibilities.