: Need help with the Stealth V Calibration......

trekster
10-24-05, 09:53 PM
I'm going to send off my pcm to Stealth V in about 2 days and I just don't know what to answer on a few questions.
Cataylic Converter Protection on or off?
Abuse Management rpm threshold 6600rpm stock or other?
Rev Limiter Setting on or off?
Type of Rev Limiter hard or soft?
Cold engine protection rev limiter based on coolant temp on or off?
Does the gasoline contain oxygenerators? All I use is Shells 91 octane and Chevrons 91 octane.
Idle quality Smooth, Stock, or More lope....

As for the type of settings that I want..... I just want the settings so the V can perform as best as possible...regardless if the car becomes a rougher ride.

Thanks,
Gilbert

StealthV
10-24-05, 09:58 PM
Most run w/o converter protection.
Set the abuse limiter the same as the rev limiter.
Rev limiter _____? for best longevity, the factory knows @ 6600.
It never gets cold in CA.
Yes, CA has oxy's.
Idle quality has no effect on WOT performance.

CVP33
10-24-05, 10:10 PM
Heh, heh.

When I first saw the 5 page questionaire I said c'mon. I mean really, what's all this garbage. Lightened flywheel, slight burble to my exhaust, you can't tune that can you? I just want my V to go faster. But after getting the tune you soon realize holy crap. The tune does everything he said it would.

As far as your specific questions. I agree with Rick on most counts. I did move my rev limiter up to 6,850rpms this time as someone mentioned valve float (bad word) at 6,900. And who doesn't want a little lope sitting at the light.

trekster
10-24-05, 10:13 PM
Yes, CA has oxy's.

What kind of oxys does it carry?
The only one that I can think of Ethanol.

-Gilbert

trekster
10-24-05, 10:21 PM
Heres the other questions I forgot to add.....
Air conditioning compressor clutch?
Excuse my ignorance but cats is short for Catalytic Converters?

CVP33
10-24-05, 11:10 PM
Air Conditioner - Disable at high throttle position (it's robbing HP anyway)
CAT's - Yes catalytic converters. Don't protect 'em. Piss on 'em if they can't take it. Easy for me to say as my Billy Boats blew a long time ago.

Florian
10-24-05, 11:13 PM
stick with 6800 rpms, the LS6 engineers said above that you run the risk of valve float. Everything else, let er rip! The less restrictions, the more fun you have!

F

51PHFTY
10-24-05, 11:15 PM
I had Rick disable the A/C at WOT and works really well. Also, I like the lightened flywheel - it makes shifting in traffic smoother. I stayed with the factory RPM maximums and a went with a soft limiter. The whole tune is a blast.

Marty