: 13mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

94CaddyConcours
10-24-05, 04:52 PM
I GET ABOUT 13MPG ON HIGHWAY AND LOCAL, IF I DRIVE LIKE A GRANNY. I REPLACED MY COIL PACK 2 OF IT BECAUSE THEY WERE BAD. HERE IS WHAT HAPPEN BEFORE I REPLACED THE COIL PACK: HALF OF THE ENGINE WAS WORKING- 8MPG, MY FUSE BURN OUT, CAT BECAME RED HOT BEACUSE UNBURN FUEL PASSING THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM. UNBURN FUEL PASSING THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND IT CAUSES THE FUEL TO BE BURN IN EXHAUST SYSTEM BECAUSE OF HOT HEAT? COULD THAT MEAN THE MY O2 SENSOR IS SHOT BECAUSE IT IS TOO HOT? ????? AFTER I REPLACED THE COIL PACK I GET 13MPG, NO MORE BURN FUSE, CAT IS NOT HOT RED. THE ENGINE IS RUNNING STRONG AS I EXPECTED FROM THE N*. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR BESIDE IT GET 13MPG. I CANT DRIVE LIKE THIS WASTING 3 GALLON A DAY FOR WORK. THATS 10 DOLLAR ON FUEL A DAY.
ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
MY MOOD FOR THIS: STUPID:thepan: DUMB :banghead: BRAIN CANT FIGURE:bighead: CRANKY :annoyed: DONT UNDERSTAND:rant2: KEEP ON THINKING:hmm:

BILLSONG

Jack Ammann
10-24-05, 05:13 PM
Man...that all caps stuff is just too hard to read. Good luck on getting responses to your post.:bigroll:

I GET ABOUT 13MPG ON HIGHWAY AND LOCAL, IF I DRIVE LIKE A GRANNY. I REPLACED MY COIL PACK 2 OF IT BECAUSE THEY WERE BAD. HERE IS WHAT HAPPEN BEFORE I REPLACED THE COIL PACK: HALF OF THE ENGINE WAS WORKING- 8MPG, MY FUSE BURN OUT, CAT BECAME RED HOT BEACUSE UNBURN FUEL PASSING THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM. UNBURN FUEL PASSING THROUGH THE EXHAUST SYSTEM AND IT CAUSES THE FUEL TO BE BURN IN EXHAUST SYSTEM BECAUSE OF HOT HEAT? COULD THAT MEAN THE MY O2 SENSOR IS SHOT BECAUSE IT IS TOO HOT? ????? AFTER I REPLACED THE COIL PACK I GET 13MPG, NO MORE BURN FUSE, CAT IS NOT HOT RED. THE ENGINE IS RUNNING STRONG AS I EXPECTED FROM THE N*. I CANT FIGURE OUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR BESIDE IT GET 13MPG. I CANT DRIVE LIKE THIS WASTING 3 GALLON A DAY FOR WORK. THATS 10 DOLLAR ON FUEL A DAY.
ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED
MY MOOD FOR THIS: STUPID:thepan: DUMB :banghead: BRAIN CANT FIGURE:bighead: CRANKY :annoyed: DONT UNDERSTAND:rant2: KEEP ON THINKING:hmm:
BILLSONG

thu
10-24-05, 05:53 PM
Any Codes?

Krashed989
10-24-05, 06:21 PM
The oxygen sensors would leave a code if they went bad. So check the codes like thu said. Also check your fuel filler pipe for leaks. My fuel filler pipe was leaking and rusted out so I replaced it and it gave me 5 extra mpg. Also check the FPR and change your fuel filter.

hope this helps.

Ranger
10-24-05, 06:37 PM
I agree with Krashed, check the FPR.

eldorado1
10-24-05, 09:09 PM
If your converter got red hot, it is now trashed. The catalyst brick probably fused into a solid impenetrable mass.

When you floor it, does it lack power? Not allow you to get above 3000rpm? Miss heavily?

The FPR should also be looked into.

thu
10-24-05, 10:17 PM
Eldorado1,

That's a good point. If it got red hot, the Cat is toast. It could be severely plugged.

94CaddyConcours, do you have the symptoms Eldorado1 lists? If so, the problem could be a plugged Cat.

T

weister42
10-24-05, 11:02 PM
Currently I'm getting 13.3mpg all city driving:helpless: But when I take it on the highway I get anywhere from 26 to 29mpg. I kinda drive my caddy pretty hard:shhh:

94CaddyConcours
10-25-05, 02:25 PM
Sorry about the cap I'm so use to it.
Elodoraldo1- my car can got to 3000RPM like butter so I guess the cat is not plug? BTW it happen to pass smog and California is the state that hae a very strict emission regulation.
Thu/Krashed-my O2 sensor doesn't give any code so I assume they are good. Where is the fuel filter pipe and fuel pressure regulator located? Any picture?
Thank you guy so much for the advice greatly appreciated I will let you know as soon as I free from work.
Wow I just check the FPR and they are around $80s and HOLLEY go them for $230. Is HOLLEY a great brand. And is there anyway I can test/check the FPR.
BILLSONG:2thumbs:

94CaddyConcours
10-25-05, 03:35 PM
And one more thing, there is not color smoke but an awful smell, I guess it burning too much fuel.

Ranger
10-25-05, 05:46 PM
The FPR is a small canister mounted on the fuel rail. It has a vacuum hose on it. With the key on, pull the vacuum hose and look for any fuel present or leaking from the nipple. If there is, then the FPR is bad and needs to be replaced. Stick with an AC Delco FPR if you need to replace it.

davesdeville
10-26-05, 05:07 AM
And one more thing, there is not color smoke but an awful smell, I guess it burning too much fuel.

Is that smell anything like rotten eggs? If so I'd suspect the cat even more.

94CaddyConcours
01-04-06, 09:26 PM
Sorry I been busy lately and haven't been able to check my FPR. I hope I will be able to do it buy this week. I greatly appreciate all the help that you guys have provided. And to answer the last post, it doesn't smell like rotten egg but more like burn rubber.