: Have A Nice Life

Kev
10-24-05, 02:46 PM
It's time for me to take a break.

My supporting subscription is up in a little while and I think it's time for me to back off from here for a while. I may be checking in now and again, this place is going to be a hard habit to break.

Good luck to you all, try and play nice with the kiddies..

:wave:
Bye for now.

Kev

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 02:48 PM
Kevo!

NO!!!

Who will provide classy humour?? And keep a level head in a crisis? And do fantastic photchopping?

Well, keep us posted as you go. You'll be missed around this place.

LittleB
10-24-05, 02:48 PM
It's time for me to take a break.

My supporting subscription is up in a little while and I think it's time for me to back off from here for a while. I may be checking in now and again, this place is going to be a hard habit to break.

Good luck to you all, try and play nice with the kiddies..

:wave:
Bye for now.

Kev

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why???? :(

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 02:49 PM
Dont do it Kevo
:crying: :crybaby: :( :ill: :helpless: :worship: :suspense: :shocked:

powerglide
10-24-05, 02:50 PM
We'll miss you Kev!

Drop in from time to time.

Best wishes

Tom

BTW Why?

LittleB
10-24-05, 02:55 PM
It better not be because of the drama.......it will die down, and we can just ignore it!!! :( :(

Boombotz
10-24-05, 02:58 PM
I know why. I understand why. Don't be gone to long ,you contribute a lot to the forum and will be missed. Stop by from time to time and atleast drop a PM. I don't honestly think this will go on forever.:wave:

LittleB
10-24-05, 02:59 PM
As long as it's just a "vacation" I can understand, and accept that. I'll miss you Kevo wevo!

D148L0
10-24-05, 03:06 PM
You are an estimated member and a good man. I hope it's for the best and see you soon. Take care dude.

Kev
10-24-05, 03:14 PM
An explanation is in order.

For me right now, money is tight and time has become very precious.
My time will be better spent building my business and when I have free time, if it is not spent with family, it is important to use it wisely for R/R.

For a time this place was a bit of an oasis for me, a nice little haven that I could come to for a pleasant distraction from reality. As of late it has fallen short in that department for me. Iím sure things will sort themselves out in time and this will once again become a place of recreation for me.

I feel I have made many friends here and I will miss daily interaction with you. Thanks to all of you for your friendship and acceptance.

Kev

90Brougham350
10-24-05, 03:32 PM
Do the things and take the time you need buddy. We'll be here waiting for ya. :thumbsup:

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 03:34 PM
Do the things and take the time you need buddy. We'll be here waiting for ya. :thumbsup:

I second this

I hope everyhting works out Kev, its hard, but if you are willing, you will get there.

I have every faith in you.

We all go through bad patches

I am also sorry to hear that the forums are no longer a relaxing place to be, it seems to be the way of this place of recent

Randy_W
10-24-05, 03:42 PM

My time will be better spent building my business and when I have free time, if it is not spent with family, it is important to use it wisely for R/R.

For a time this place was a bit of an oasis for me, a nice little haven that I could come to for a pleasant distraction from reality. As of late it has fallen short in that department for me. Iím sure things will sort themselves out in time and this will once again become a place of recreation for me.

I feel I have made many friends here and I will miss daily interaction with you. Thanks to all of you for your friendship and acceptance.

Kev

Kev, you're one class act! I think I'll join you!:cool2:

airbalancer
10-24-05, 03:43 PM
I know what you mean Kev, it is impossible to get an work done.
It takes me 3x longer to get my paper work out

RobertCTS
10-24-05, 04:03 PM
Kev,
I share some insight from Vice President Hubert Humphry. He had a nice plaque on his desk. It was inscribed in Latin. Transcribed it read, "Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down". It's been an inspiration for me.

Another inspiration was Dr. Wayne Dyer, author of "The Erroneous Zones".
In it he points out that only one person can make you angry, make you sad or make you happy. The person is you. You make the decision if someones actions upset you. I often tell myself using these two insights, "I'm not going to let the Bastards make me mad or ruin my day. It usually works for me.

Try it and stay a while longer. You know who the Bastards are. Ignore them.:yup:
I'm off the pulpit now.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 04:05 PM
Stay on the pulpit Bob, youre an excellent preacher

Adam
10-24-05, 04:23 PM
well Kev this isnt good news. i for one will miss you, take care and if you ever feel like hollering at me just email me at lowcad93@peoplepc.com later brother!

RobertCTS
10-24-05, 05:27 PM
Stay on the pulpit Bob, youre an excellent preacher

Now I will pass the basket bro. Tyhe well.:yup:

Stoneage_Caddy
10-24-05, 06:43 PM

Kev
see ya kev ....i cant say i dont agree with what your doing .....the oasis dried up didnt it dude ?

LittleB
10-24-05, 06:45 PM
see ya kev ....i cant say i dont agree with what your doing .....the oasis dried up didnt it dude ?

Ahhhhh c'mon. The oasis didn't dry up. It's just runninga little low at the moment....

Let's look at the it as half full instead of half empty OK guys :D

powerglide
10-24-05, 06:57 PM
Ahhhhh c'mon. The oasis didn't dry up. It's just runninga little low at the moment....

Let's look at the it as half full instead of half empty OK guys :D

:yeah:

just read threads and posts that are of interest, no need to post replies to everything one disagrees with.....

LittleB
10-24-05, 07:09 PM
:yeah:
just read threads and posts that are of interest, no need to post replies to everything one disagrees with.....

Right on, at least somebody is with me!!:thumbsup:

powerglide
10-24-05, 07:15 PM
Right on, at least somebody is with me!!:thumbsup:

I'm here for ya :thumbsup:

.....but we are hardly the minority. I am guessing most folks are thinkin "Can't we just all get along"

BTW
I wonder if there is a correlation between bad vibes on CF and the season/weather?
When I was teaching, fall courses sucked because everyday the day gets shorter/draker/colder and my students got grumpier. Spring courses tended to be livelier, weather better/more light/almost summer.

LittleB
10-24-05, 07:17 PM
I'm here for ya :thumbsup:
.....but we are hardly the minority. I am guessing most folks are thinkin "Can't we just all get along"
BTW
I wonder if there is a correlation between bad vibes on CF and the season/weather?
When I was teaching, fall courses sucked because everyday the day gets shorter/draker/colder and my students got grumpier. Spring courses tended to be livelier, weather better/more light/almost summer.

Who knows....could be. Its really dark and grey outside today where I am, and I am a little down today because of it...but I still don't like to see OTHERS down. :D

powerglide
10-24-05, 07:32 PM
I lost my window office (I'm moving to LA) so for now I am in a windowless office......hence everyday is a cloudy day up in here!

jk with 330 sunny days a year, its virtually impossible to be depressed over here in SD.

LittleB
10-24-05, 08:10 PM
I lost my window office (I'm moving to LA) so for now I am in a windowless office......hence everyday is a cloudy day up in here!

jk with 330 sunny days a year, its virtually impossible to be depressed over here in SD.

Oh poor you, no window in your office. At least you have an office!!!!! LOL j/k. Yeah I am out in the MIDDLE, cause I am a Secretary, but it's all good :D I just go into my bosses office and admire the view when she is gone!

Ralph
10-24-05, 08:20 PM
Take care old chum. Will always miss you from the RR thread.

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 08:48 PM
Sorry to hear you losing your window Powerglide, so no balcony either like mine?? :p

At least you get sun though

addison_ii
10-24-05, 09:12 PM
Kev,

This is going to be a long one so get ready. :nyanya: First off, I understand your decision to take a sabbatical. In the last month or two the Forums have became a breeding ground for arguments and contempt. However not all of the fine members here resort to such behavior. Second, we want you stay because of the funny pics you have provided, valuable info posted, and the insightful commentary on many subjects.

Now, we also understand that the you have a life outside of the forums, and as such we understand that real life issues will require your undivided attention. In short, take as much time as needed but, don't forget about the gang at Cadillac forums. Drop by and say a few lines every now and then. Hopefully after your affairs are taken care of the forums will have refreshed the oasis :D and things will have settled back to normal.

In the meantime, do not let the atmosphere that has slowly crept in be a cause for dissapointment. Just as a bad storm weather cell moves in and is replaced by sunny and clear days so will this current tide. In closing, I hope all the business and personal affairs go accordingly to plan and come out exceeding your expectations. But until you return to us: Have fun,you and the family stay safe.

Your Friend,
Addison_II

Blackout
10-24-05, 09:14 PM
You can't leave Kev!!!!! You need 8 more posts for 4000!!!

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 09:16 PM
A noble post, Addison.

I myself will be taking a short break, not as long as Kev is going for. Just to relax, for a few days, or weeks.

Not wanting to steal the limelight, just to mention thereason why I (and some others i think) will not be around for a short while.

Again, i hope the oasis is restored.

powerglide
10-24-05, 09:17 PM

The best reason yet!
:)

LittleB
10-24-05, 09:18 PM

LMAO!!:histeric:

addison_ii
10-24-05, 09:24 PM
Wow, a lot of my pals are to be absent from the site. I must say that I'm truly saddened by this. Not only have I gotten to know many of you but, visiting everyday was something I looked forward. You see since moving to MN I haven't made any new friends. The friends that I have made have come from here. So being here is in essence my hangout spot, the local pub, the lounge, and other friend meeting spots. So I understand but, don't be gone too long, while I'm not leaving this place ever, it will be sort of empty here. While it is rewarding to help others when I can, it's just puts the extra icing on the cake when I can talk to my pals. So, too all who are leaving, I'll ,miss you guys and see you soon. :crying:

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 09:31 PM
Wow, a lot of my pals are to be absent from the site. I must say that I'm truly saddened by this. Not only have I gotten to know many of you but, visiting everyday was something I looked forward. You see since moving to MN I haven't made any new friends. The friends that I have made have come from here. So being here is in essence my hangout spot, the local pub, the lounge, and other friend meeting spots. So I understand but, don't be gone too long, while I'm not leaving this place ever, it will be sort of empty here. While it is rewarding to help others when I can, it's just puts the extra icing on the cake when I can talk to my pals. So, too all who are leaving, I'll ,miss you guys and see you soon. :crying:

Its nice to pop in here and be met with a warm, friendly glow. Unfortunately the glow has become empty and blue in recent times.

Its nice to know therea re people here who i can chat with and enjoy and exchange humourors and interesting tidbits with.

Its a shame it got bitter. I have no doubt, once everything is settled down, that everything will go back to how it was.

LittleB
10-24-05, 09:38 PM
I think this calls for a song:

"Let's stay together"-Al Green

C'mon everyone sing it with me!! :cloud9: :banana: :dance: :wes: :gnome: :rose: :band: :cheers:

oh, baby, let's, let's stay together
Loving you whether, whether times are good or bad, happy or sad
Whether times are good or bad, happy or sad

Why somebody, why people break up?
Oh, turn around and make up
I just can't see
You'd never do that to me (Would you, baby?)
So to be around you is all I see
Is what I want us to
Let's, we ought to stay together

Let's, let's stay together

powerglide
10-24-05, 09:41 PM
Its all good, I think its not that bad, we'll pull through this!

Sing along with her now........

Boombotz
10-24-05, 09:41 PM
Its nice to pop in here and be met with a warm, friendly glow. Unfortunately the glow has become empty and blue in recent times.

Its nice to know therea re people here who i can chat with and enjoy and exchange humourors and interesting tidbits with.

Its a shame it got bitter. I have no doubt, once everything is settled down, that everything will go back to how it was.

Excuse me I am still here and dammit I think that counts for something.:)

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 09:43 PM

Of course Boomer, of course.

I think a few of the members are all tuckered out from fighting, and its just naptime for a couple of em.

And while theyre having their nap im off to watch TV and smoke cigars :D

LittleB
10-24-05, 09:44 PM

Boomer, it doesn't COUNT for anything....why?! Because you're PRICELESS!!!!

Aren't i just the confidence booster today?! :D:cool2:

mccombie_5
10-24-05, 09:50 PM
Boomer, it doesn't COUNT for anything....why?! Because you're PRICELESS!!!!
Aren't i just the confidence booster today?! :D:cool2:

LOL Without a doubt B

Now are you going to be on the TV whilst i smoke cigars and watch it????

It wouls certainly be a good show

And dontcha worry am a singin with ya

TSXBabe
10-24-05, 09:52 PM
Excuse me I am still here and dammit I think that counts for something.:) I am still here for you.. but if I had lost electricity I would leave you too.. I have power which is a good thing :-)

LittleB
10-24-05, 09:52 PM
LOL Without a doubt B
Now are you going to be on the TV whilst i smoke cigars and watch it????
It wouls certainly be a good show
And dontcha worry am a singin with ya

I'll overnight you a tape :) ya know, one of those ones with no label on it. We all know what those are!!!!!!!!!!!!

addison_ii
10-24-05, 09:53 PM
Let's stick together yeah!! In any kind of weather, for good or bad or happy and sad. Good one LittleB I'm singing loudly.

LittleB
10-24-05, 09:55 PM
Let's stick together yeah!! In any kind of weather, for good or bad or happy and sad. Good one LittleB I'm singing loudly.

Awwww this is so great! EVERYBODY NOW!!!!!!!!!!

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S, LET'S STAY TOGETHER!!!!!

WHETHER TIMES ARE :halo: OR :lildevil:, :D or :(

:thepan: :grouphug: :banana:

Sandy
10-24-05, 10:06 PM
I was off of here all day ~ busy.
Kev, I am sad like everyone else.
Just don't make it permanent.
Stay safe, may the man above
watch over you.
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving,
next month, and check in &
say Hi from time to time.

Bye, for now, my friend !

Sad-Sandy

Adam
10-24-05, 10:23 PM

Julie and or Tom, there are a few of us who are still gonna stick around here, like me... thats all you need! ok in all seriousness, i wish this place was the way it was when i first found it. small little community, now we have thousands of members on the site and its not the warm little cozy place i once knew. when i joined the site there were quite a few people on here but mostly the regulars that i had seen posting a year beforehand. actually i have been on this site since Mar. of 03 but never joined, didnt own a Cadillac and i thought i had to pay to be a member. so i waited a year and then joined cause i owned a Cadillac and found out it was FREE!

Boombotz
10-24-05, 10:29 PM
Julie and or Tom, there are a few of us who are still gonna stick around here, like me... thats all you need! ok in all seriousness, i wish this place was the way it was when i first found it. small little community, now we have thousands of members on the site and its not the warm little cozy place i once knew. when i joined the site there were quite a few people on here but mostly the regulars that i had seen posting a year beforehand. actually i have been on this site since Mar. of 03 but never joined, didnt own a Cadillac and i thought i had to pay to be a member. so i waited a year and then joined cause i owned a Cadillac and found out it was FREE!

It will settle down and be back to normal. Basically we all need to step back and look at the big picture. Don't encourage it, act like you don't see it and type like the arguing is not there, It will eventually stop.

Adam
10-24-05, 10:32 PM
It will settle down and be back to normal. Basically we all need to step back and look at the big picture. Don't encourage it, act like you don't see it and type like the arguing is not there, It will eventually stop.

Jules, Tom, we were saying the same thing like 8 months ago... it will get better. it has only gotten worse, to the point were we have Supporting Members leaving. i dont ever remember it being this bad. yes i do hope it will get better, the elders of the forum who have been here a year or so need to step up and show how it should be, how it was.

Boombotz
10-24-05, 10:39 PM
Jules, Tom, we were saying the same thing like 8 months ago... it will get better. it has only gotten worse, to the point were we have Supporting Members leaving. i dont ever remember it being this bad. yes i do hope it will get better, the elders of the forum who have been here a year or so need to step up and show how it should be, how it was.

They will. Everbody will be fine if we pay no attention to it trust me it will go away. I will not discuss the fighting anymore. In my eyes it has to end now so it no longer exsist. I will not encourage it by discussing it firther it just opens the door for more fighting. We have great friendships here and they will remain. Kev has had other stuff going on for a while he will be back. He said it himself some time away to focas on priorites. It's Julie by the way. Hey guess what? I have a game to test all your minds. Here it is.

Fw: Know it All's Test

This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn't. These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers.

Know It All's Test: no picking please...

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants knows the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los AngelesLakers?

10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls (a walk) is one way. Name the other 6.

11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."

Good Luck. I will post the answers when you all give up.

DeVillish
10-24-05, 10:53 PM
I didnt even bother reading all three pages, just read what Kevo said and had to post. I really hope this is just a vacation. You've giving me great advice, kept me awake durring LONG hours at work and basicly been a great asset to the forums. I'd hate to see anyone leave but it would be a real shame to see you go. I dunno what the hell happened over this last month, things have went down hill....funny this is around the time i said i wasnt getting a caddilac but a Charger....could be my fault, i've upset the Cadillac gods. lol. I hope you do stay around buddy, i'll miss ya.

Blackout
10-24-05, 11:25 PM
Kev will be here. Its the pancake breakfast. We do it every month

HotRodSaint
10-24-05, 11:57 PM
This seems like a more appropriate place to apologize to everyone for my words and my actions. I apologize to everyone, and especially Kev. :worship:

addison_ii
10-24-05, 11:59 PM
1. The one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends . . boxing.

2. North American landmark constantly moving backward . . . Niagara Falls (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)

3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons . . . asparagus and rhubarb.

4. The only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball . . . baseball.

5. The fruit with its seeds on the outside . . . strawberry.

6. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)

7. Three English words beginning with "dw" . . . dwarf, dwell, and dwindle.

8. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar . . . period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses.

9. The original lakes referred to in Lakers . . . in Minnesota. (The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers, and kept the name when they moved west.) I live here :D Minneapolis translated means water city and we have so many lake here hence lakers.

10. Seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit . . . taking a base on balls (a walk) ,batter hit by a pitch, passed ball, catcher interference, catcher drops third strike, fielder's choice, and being designated as a pinch-runner.

11. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh is lettuce.

12. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with a S are shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts.

davesdeville
10-25-05, 04:58 AM
Kev, like the others I hope everything on your end and ours will sort itself out soon. At least it's a break instead of "see ya."

The 2 or 3 of you that care, I may as well take this opportunity to say I'm gonna be laying off this place as well, my free time is about to be severely reduced. But not for a bad reason... just got a full time job.

mccombie_5
10-25-05, 08:27 AM
Kev, like the others I hope everything on your end and ours will sort itself out soon. At least it's a break instead of "see ya."

The 2 or 3 of you that care, I may as well take this opportunity to say I'm gonna be laying off this place as well, my free time is about to be severely reduced. But not for a bad reason... just got a full time job.

Congratulations on the job.

Hopefully it will see more money in your pocket, which is always for the better.

RobertCTS
10-25-05, 08:36 AM
This seems like a more appropriate place to apologize to everyone for my words and my actions. I apologize to everyone, and especially Kev. :worship:

HRS,
That's an excellent idea:thumbsup: Good for you.:yup:

powerglide
10-25-05, 01:45 PM

Congrats!
Maybe you'll find yourself sitting in front of a computer all day and end up posting alot more! LOL
Best

DeVillish
10-25-05, 01:54 PM
Yeah just like me! Oh...wait no i work VERY hard and dont have time to surf the net..... :hmm:

davesdeville
10-26-05, 05:30 AM
Fat chance, it's Circuit City, not some office where I can goof off like some of you lucky people :p

Elvis
10-26-05, 10:23 AM
Just in case he checks in to read the rest of this thread,

Kev, I'll miss ya' too. You've been a steadying influence here, you don't get caught up in all the drama and the soap opera that goes on here from time to time.

I hope things settle down for you, and I hope you'll find a few spare minutes every now and then to check in and let us know how you're doing. I know exactly what you're going through and I've had to cut back a little myself.

Cheers. :cheers: